Ideal Weight

Metaphysical

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What's your ideal weight?

Where are you now?

Have you noticed any changes in the way people treat you since you started body building?

----------------

I am 6'1 and at 182lbs.

4 years ago in my senior year in high school I was 130 lbs @ the same height.

Last summer I was only 160lbs due to a bad flu that lasted two months.

Even compared to last summer, I notice women react much more submissive to me now. I have a lot more control and they obey me.

Goal is 190 for my height. I like a balance between size and health.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose everyones ideal weight is different due to their physical makeup. However, at 5, 7" I would like to be 170 with a six pack :)

sandman007

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 5'10", 175 lbs. Have seen some charts that suggest I'm overweight but I don't buy that. I work out regularly so I have a fair amount of muscle. I do wish my abs were better but love handles are hard to get rid of, especially when one has an affinity for beer.

ThreeStorms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
194cm (around 6'4''), 87 kg (192 lbs), goal that I carry around for years now is 95kg (210 lbs) at current BF.
My highest was around 92kg, had some fat deposits than. Girls responded very positively though and always wanted to touch muscles despite them not being very impressive ;)
Short term goal is 200lbs, will look good naked then but still very average with clothes on.

Before disovering working out and eating right, I was a beautiful stick at 160lbs.

lukester19

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am the same as three storms. Around 6'3 and 205 pounds right now. I am pretty low bodyfat around 10%. The problem is that once you reach your goal you always want more. The thing i notice is that I am never satisfied with my arms. Got to really get them bigger.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'8" and 147 pounds right now which seems fairly ideal for me. I'm down to 7% bodyfat. :up:

I swim a lot (used to be a competitive swimmer in HS) so I'm very toned, but definitely not big. I don't feel the need to get really big, I get enough compliments on my physique as it is.

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Being happy in your own skin is important. I'm 5''8 in clothes and have been as heavy as 82 kg or 13 stone, sure I looked big in the arms and in clothes, in terms of definition, I definetly look far better at 10 and a half stone, that is where my cardio is really good and my abs are more pronounced. I was around 10-12 % BF at 75-76 kg and looked fairly big in clothes with ok definition, and even did ladies nights as a male waiter/entertainer. I can honestly say, that women prefer a toned look, having experienced being very muscular, I feel you attract better quality women when you are toned. That is my experience. Plus you feel a lot healthier.:yes:

frenchbeauty

Don Juan
Reaction score
6'0 185lbs , started at 6'0 140lbs... Aiming for 195-200lbs

Cure

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5' 10" or so.
Was 135lb or so for a long time, then went up to about 147lb 6 months ago.
Currently going on 160lb, but I've got a long way to go.

My goal was always to hit 165lb, but Im pretty close to that. 200lb would be to much, So I guess my aim is to get to about 13 stone/83kg, that would be, I feel, somthing close to my ideal weight given my athletic goals.

Cure.

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It absolutely helps to be bigger. I seem to have been in a similar situation as the OP. I was always tall, and also always skinny through high school. My driver's license (info never updated since I got it) that I'm 6'0" and 145. I am now 6'1" and 180 through lifting. I've definitely seen improvement.

I'm a recent college grad, and I hit 180 about my sophomore year. I've maintained that weight but lowered my body fat percentage. I'm trying to get bigger, and I'm trying to break through a plateau right now. I definitely noticed an improved reaction from girls even in high school when I started lifting in my senior year. When I hit 160 from where I started, a cute girl that I knew told me that I seemed buffer.

Keep at it.

rioku

Don Juan
Reaction score
5' 9" and a 135lbs. Would like to be 175.

Very hard for me to put on weight but I'm sticking to it. Was a time when I was 110 lbs at the same height! Felt like a medium gust of wind would blow me away.

Being_the_Don

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" and 155 - 158 pounds is where I feel most comfortable. A few times I've strayed on my eating habits and went up to 170s. It's important to maintain low body fat and have a developed physique and lots of strength. :)

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
5'8" normally sit around 170-180. I'm in the best shape aesthetically when I'm around 165. Love being in the high 170s and relatively lean. Weight to me doesn't really mean a whole lot. Its more about how you look/feel, performance and natural progression.

Currently sitting a bit over 175.

Yes. I feel a lot more confident at shows, in the gym, etc when I'm in shape. I've been working out for a long time, so I don't really remember how I was treated differently when I was skinny. Definitely treated more sexually now than when I was skinny/out of shape.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'0'' usually walk around at 225-230.

My ideal, or target weight is about 245. Once I get there I'll see how it feels and reevaluate.

When I first started lifting and gained a bunch of weight in the first year, I noticed a huge difference in the way people treated me. Girls thought I was hot and guys talked to me with respect. It kind of increases with size, except I think once you get over that 250 lb mark you appeal to a narrower range of girls. That seems to be when the "too big" thing comes into play. Chicks these days like that gay "toned" look, where you obviously are in shape but still wear a medium t-shirt. :p

It's relative, though; because to a normal person a guy who is a muscular 245 is pretty freaking huge. In powerlifting and football, that's still no small fry but no one is in awe of your size. But anytime I hang out with my non-lifting friends they all think I'm huge, and that never gets old :D

teagan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 6'2" at 235 lbs and I would definitely have to agree with everything colossus said. My goal is just 5 more pounds.

It's weird though, I know Im bigger but I actually do not feel bigger than when I weighed 190 lbs. Body fat is still the same which might have something to do with it. But judging from other people's reactions, I know there's a difference.