Ice Queen at work is being a pain in the ass. How should I deal with her?

Piper

Reaction score
Some woman started acting like an Ice Queen totally out of the blue. Before that she'd flirt any chance she got and was much easier to get along with. For a little over a week she's been acting cold and PMS'ey, and has not been acting like an adult. I've been ignoring her, but she's going out of her way to make nasty remarks at me.
It's tempting to tell her off, but that wouldn't be proffessional, and would probably just make her act like MORE of a pain in the ass. Any idea what their reasons for this behavior is, and the best way to deal with this type of woman?

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the word you are lookin for is Queen Bee. She may have developed an ego over the last few weeks , she may have a boyfriend that is some high status male or something. If I were you, Id ask her what her problem is and if she isnt reasonable with you, tell her to her face to piss off.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From my experience is best to clip peoples wings right away.Before they start thinking they can get away with pulling anything on you.

Just tell her to **** off and call it day.

StringShredder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me guess. She likes you, and after flirting failed, she read some fwcking website that told her to behave in this new way in order to make you interested. :D

Piper

Reaction score
Well come to think of it, the other day she looked at me and gave a half smile, the first time she showed any emotion for awhile, and when I said "what's up" she said "dork" and walked away.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
What a dumb trick. Personally i would just ignore her. Thats what i did to some trick at my old job and i was just flirting with the other girls even more in front of her.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
girls are crazy, there are a number of reasons as to why she's acting the way she is. Hormone imbalance, Ego treatment, guy blew her off for a date, it's tuesday, etc etc

Anyway if she's making bad remarks to you, I recommend a little back bone.

Me I'm a big fan of confrentation, even though many people seem to think that it gives girls power.
I only find that to be true if you don't know how to handle yourself and manipulate the mind of the girl on the fly. Going in with a game plan helps a little bit, but really it's a talent that can't be taught. Like a natural speed, you either have it or you don't.

If you can't go that way I'd recommend just letting the whole thing blow over. She can't act like this for ever... even though a few years could be in the picture. Maybe she'll break down and admit that she's been acting like this becasue she likes you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tha Realnezz
From my experience is best to clip peoples wings right away.Before they start thinking they can get away with pulling anything on you.
Perfect. Recently there´s a girl texting me and sending emails calling me "idiot", "stupid". It seems to be done in a joking way. She´s teasing me and I think I have to do what is in this quote!

To the "ice queen" there´s a site about bullying: http://www.bullyonline.org/