I want to become wittier and I want to know how!

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to be witter with women but NOT insulting at all.

Are there books I can read? Anything to practice BESIDES conversations with people?

Reaction score
Babnik, you make a thread a minute! :rolleyes:

Wit is a genetically wired trait - no books can help!

Babnik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Babnik, you make a thread a minute! :rolleyes:

Wit is a genetically wired trait - no books can help!
BS in the ass!

Cruise

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But to an extent he's right.

I know no other method to develop wittiness than to hang around other witty guys and kissing their ass cheeks like it's your favorite Maxim model on page 37 of the Spring '05 issue.

Hit me up, we could hang out sometime. :D

Reaction score
"Wit" is derived from the deep crevices of the mind - thus "hard wired" within our persona and cannot be altered or impersonated!!

This is a naturally genetically created element and cannot be artificially manufactured!!!

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea bro, you are out of luck

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you want more wit? So women/people will like you? Wanting people to like you wrong mind set!

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldnt listen to them man....

Anything can be learned and Developed!!! Anything....

Start excercising your brain powers man. Excell your train of thought into uncharted territories. Start learning new stuff everyday, work on logical problems, like a math book or something, get your brain quick and calculating easily.
If you are worried that you are lacking in wit, Then I assume your brain is dole.
Aside from getting you're brain faster I think the most important key to wit, or humor i should say is a 'CREATIVE IMAGINATION' ... If you have a creative imagination then you by no means will be dole.
Then just ground yourself, meaning be a down-to-earth human. Someone who understands other humans, that way you wont be saying out of place things that make you look like a weird fvcker half the time (being weird is okay, if your are purposely doing it to be funny... being just plain weird is.. well its weird).
Confidence and being fresh and down to earth will present the type of sense of humor people will enjoy.
Aside from that Be creative!!!!

Trust me you can develop any physical or mental ability you want to. Nothing is impossible... you werent unlucky. In fact you have done something we all should be doing, you have identified one of your weaknesses and now you will be turning it into a strength. :yes:

... But make sure not to "try" too hard to be funny. Only say or do the things that you think are funny. When you are by yourself start people watching, or observing things.. Becoming more aware of your surroundings will help for material. And laugh at the things you observe, wake that sleeping sense of humor of yours.
Dont laugh at people in a cruel way (passing judgment and being negative 24/7 is not funny... well, just use it sparringly atleast =P). But laugh at people in a lighthearted way, enjoy people. Enjoy life. Find it funny and easy going.. And play with your imagination. Be creative.. have fun man.. Just start playing like that and sure enough your wit will be growing by the day...
Eventually if you keep building on it and strengthening it you will have such a witty brain woman will be clawing to soak you in. You will give them and everyone around you that playful creative release we all want, but usually forget about as adults... Good Luck!

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doggystyle said:
Why do you want more wit? So women/people will like you? Wanting people to like you wrong mind set!

if we dont want woman to like us then what the hell are we all doing here?? This whole website is about exactly that. :p

Everybody wants people to like them.. its human nature to want acceptance. The more important thing to really remember though, is if they DONT like you then fvck em anyhow. lol.

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Watch comedy movies and stand-up comedians. You'll pick up some of it that way. The rest, you just have to practice in conversation with people.

Doggystyle

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Randallpink83 said:
if we dont want woman to like us then what the hell are we all doing here?? This whole website is about exactly that. :p

Everybody wants people to like them.. its human nature to want acceptance. The more important thing to really remember though, is if they DONT like you then fvck em anyhow. lol.
That came out wrong, you should want people to like you to an extent, but going out your way to try and learn stuff say to make people to like you will have the adverse effect, like trying too hard

THE_ADDMAN

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Become more knowledgable about everything.

the more knowledgable you are, the more you can connect concepts to eachother. Wit is usually nothing more than a clever observation, so if you have more concepts connected in your mind, you'll be able to do it better.

Also, study comedy and people whos style or wit you would like to import to yourself, and observe how they do it.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing is more pathetic than seeing someone trying to be something they are not. If you are witty, go with it, if not, don't try.

CrunchyNut

Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
nothing is more pathetic than seeing someone trying to be something they are not. If you are witty, go with it, if not, don't try.
Agreed: Work with what you have to improve that. If you dont something, dont worry about it. If you are a footballer with fantastic pace and skill on the ball, then be a winger and not a centre back. Same goes here.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Babnik said:
BS in the ass!
:crackup: I'm sorry, I haven't heard that one before. I'm just imagining it being said with an Eastern European accent, lol.

CactusMcDougal

Don Juan
Reaction score
CrunchyNut said:
Agreed: Work with what you have to improve that. If you dont something, dont worry about it. If you are a footballer with fantastic pace and skill on the ball, then be a winger and not a centre back. Same goes here.
What about someone who has nothing except for academic experience? Does that mean those with no personality or humour should quit while they are ahead? If that's true, then I suppose I am wasting time...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
YEAH! And if you're not already a DJ, get out of the forum!!! :woo:

Reaction score
Babnik said:
I want to be witter...but NOT insulting at all.
Babnik said:
BS in the ass!
You want to be wittier without being insulting then you come up with that line? :rolleyes:

Babnik said:
BS in the ass!
Francisco d'Anconia said:
:crackup: I'm sorry, I haven't heard that one before. I'm just imagining it being said with an Eastern European accent, lol.
Yeah, I had to read his crass comment a few times and then I started laughing because I suddenly realized and understood why he wants to
become wittier!:rolleyes:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
..Yeah, I had to read his crass comment a few times and then I started laughing because I suddenly realized and understood why he wants to become wittier!:rolleyes:
I know, I know...

B. Man, it is little difficult to take your questions seriously after reading some of your past posts. Personally, I can't tell whether you want to build yourself up personally or just want to learn some tricks to get some quick lays.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yes but once again guys.. I got to point out that EVERYONE has a sense of humor... just some may be weaker then others.. If you seek to make it grow it will probably grow.

Dont ever say "Ohwell I guess I just aint witty...."
Fvck that.. dont quit on yourself. If ypu want to become a better person then become that person. Dont get side tracked.

The whole point of this website is to help each other grow into the greater ve3rsions of ourselfs. We are all Great Men, just most of the time we never learned to act like it.
You have wit. you just gotta find it... geez this is a negative thread :rolleyes: