I want to be RICH and SUCCESSFUL in Australia

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bauer_23, before you call me a bag of hot air you should actually read this thread from top to bottom!!!

Did I say I want to be filthy rich??? NO!

Having the freedom to do whatever I want is the kind of thing I want to do. Not F*cking bulldoze a residential area for a new personal carpark.

I am right at the bottom starting out so before you bag me out please read all the facts I've laid out.

When I said I couldnt be bothered doing webstuff I mean programming and all that geeky stuff. Does everyone need to do that in order to become rich? NO. I spend a lot of time in front of computers NOT inside it. I know the basics enough.

"I've always like designing houses, looking at houses and seeing the potential it can make" - Yes I have been doing that since I was young, A dreamer, yes...But the seed has been planted and its not long til I get the opportunity to properly give it a go.

You seem to think I want to start at the top. I am starting at the bottom thank you. Even things that arent related to real estate I still go out and give it a go. During the past month I've been a bartender, kitchenhand, "FORKLIFT OPERATOR", yardie/glassy. driver. factoryhand and other labouring stuff. I am up for any sort of experience.

My old man used to own a block of flats and guess who had to do maintenance while he was only 12....yup that badboy is me.

No sh*t designin is a complicated process. Do think I'd make my plans drawing on serviettes on a sunday aftertoon at the pub?

Right now I'm just pooling all the ideas, experience and opportunities so I get to have a better vision of what is best suited to me.

By the way I am more the "BAREFOOT INVESTOR" by Scott Pape. Read that book...that's the sort of style I like.

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a while since I posted on this thread. but after spending a decent time soul searching I find that wealth doesn't equal happiness or quality of life. Im a Filipino living in Australia, good with spending money but crap at dealing with high stress and pressure. The only people living in poverty here are alcoholics, single parents with 8 kids, delinguents n criminals and the uneducated.

Im only 23 and I would like to live life to the fullest and have as much fun as possible. I don't want to give up my time chasin dollar signs when I could be exploring the world, help people, discover new things and improve myself.

I have a security license (I already do stuff for ministry of sound crew, movies etc), a near finish teaching degree that i dont like, other jod experience and a good money stashed away from saving.

So lets see what happens next, I still have contacts in the investing world and see ho money grows while I go do my own thing (perhaps the army will provide me with adventure and discipline)

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to make some quick money:

Get what you have and put it into "The Just Group" (JST) shares on the ASX. Should be able to make around 15% in the next 4 months. That is a very good return.

As for your problem, you need to find yourself. You obviously have a self-identity issue.

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone has some degree of self-identity issues. Im just glad to see mine and work on it.

Some people chase money and get consumed by this obsession and neglect how to live. My uncle is a business tycoon but never has time for himself, time to recuperate and enjoy what he has. I dont want to be like that. He has a venture that gives him 36% (asia has some crazy sh*t poppin up everywhere).

Obviously distraction has played a bit part of what I was focussing on initially. But as life-journey continues, there's is always good things around the corner if you look for it.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gaucho said:
You want to make some quick money:

Get what you have and put it into "The Just Group" (JST) shares on the ASX. Should be able to make around 15% in the next 4 months. That is a very good return.

As for your problem, you need to find yourself. You obviously have a self-identity issue.
whats this info coming from?

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rudy_TubeSteak said:
1. I need advice on what to do on my current situation with UNI, FAMILY, JOB and lifestyle. Especially in regards to teaching. Im so far in to it but having heavy doubts. It’s like a massive bank debt that I don’t want but I’ve gotta keep on paying it because its nearly finish.

2. I need guidance on how to create wealth in Australia in regards to economy, taxes and opportunities. I'm talking about real estate and other forms of passive income. (but I dont want to be one of those investor gurus who spit $$$ mumbo jumbo stock market sh*t 24-7. I want to have my lifestyle too) To generally get out of the rat race.
And you want it for free...

ummm..... HELLO....

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to be RICH and SUCCESSFUL in Australia
Wear a pair of ridiculous khaki shorts...make faces in front of a camera (especially when the camera zooms on you)...and grab your children (perhaps a kid brother or kid cousin would do) and put it in front of a cocrodile.

That should do the trick in Australia.

Just make sure you don't swim with string rays.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apluspimp said:
Well not to burst your bubble but the info Kiyosaki puts in his books is way off. The Rich Dad series has many flaws heres a site that will explain more

http://www.johntreed.com/Kiyosaki.html

Becoming rich like they say in the Rich Dad series is very unlikely, the books are used to motivate people.
It's doable if you lived in the right area at the right time.

If property values are appreciating 50% a year, then of course you'll make money.

But if they are crawling at 2%, there's frankly far better investments for you.

Robert is correct that you won't get really rich off a salary. You need to make it off investments. However, real estate may not necessarily always be the best one for you.

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Flyer said:
whats this info coming from?
From me, the king of equity market investment.

JST moved from 3.86 to around 4.00 today, thats a few percent right there in a day.

Great management, retail figures far above what was expected in the second half, strong branding and expansion into South Africa, year to date profits ahead of same time last year (though competitors are announcing tough trading conditions which pushes down price, but hasnt affected JST). Share buyback taken place to increase ROE and EPS. What else do you need? Company is worth 4.44 a share, fair value, in an overpriced, saturated market.

Best sure buy out there, though you missed a good opportunity already today!

foxhound87

Don Juan
Reaction score
just have fun..

I can relate, i'm a bit younger than you, just turned 20. Finished high school and travelled Australia (lived in QLD for a year) I havn't gone to UNI but plan to as a mature age student once I get back from working overeas. Just have a good time and do what ever you like doing, and the money will follow. If you get some job that is high paying that you hate, you are not going to last long.