I want my ex back

lebon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically I dated this girl from uni for about a month just before Christmas holidays and we got on really well and kept e-mail/text contact and I presumed everything would be good for when we came back 7 weeks later. However, after coming back I got a text saying she doesn't feel the same about me and thinks we should be friends instead. I know she hasn't met anyone else and she is still single and told me she didn't want a boyfriend right now. The thing is that I can't stop thinking about her...I've started seeing a new girl who is alot more attractive but I can't stop thinking about my ex!!!!!! How do I go about getting her back??

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Move on

Take it from someone who took an ex-gf back ... don't do it. For some reason, whether it's you or not you, she doesn't want to be with you. Is there really anything worse than dating someone who has reservations about you? No, there isn't.

Find someone who is interested in you ... there are more fish in the sea.

Note to all DJs: I'm seeing a lot of pining for ex-gf's on this board. Next, next, next, move on, you can upgrade, improve yourself, etc.

Start dating someone else, someone better immediately and you'll see that oneitis is a dreadful disease that must be cured in this country!

Please, move on!

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
check some of my threads - I went through the same thing.

Problem is - you've ONLY KNOWN HER FOR A MONTH.
Read the bible.

You should have never put yourself in that situation after only a month.

Move on.

Ignore her - don't whatever you do remain friends.

you will be her emotional tampon while she's off fvcking other guys.

Lastly - do not be nieve.

don't presume she's not seeing anyone else.

Thats what women do.

Read some posts if you don't believe it.

Zossima

Don Juan
Reaction score

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about her ALL the time. Pine over her. Think about her a LOT before you go to sleep. Realise she doesnt like you anymore. Have a broken heart, and move on. This is what you are going to do anyways, no matter what some VERY experienced guys tell you. The word experience IS used for a very good reason.

fezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, no matter what we say, its not gonna change the fact that you will still think about her. Experience is 50% of confidence. You will get better at movin on with the more girls you break up with

DreamerZZ35

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by lebon
Basically I dated this girl from uni for about a month just before Christmas holidays and we got on really well and kept e-mail/text contact and I presumed everything would be good for when we came back 7 weeks later. However, after coming back I got a text saying she doesn't feel the same about me and thinks we should be friends instead. I know she hasn't met anyone else and she is still single and told me she didn't want a boyfriend right now. The thing is that I can't stop thinking about her...I've started seeing a new girl who is alot more attractive but I can't stop thinking about my ex!!!!!! How do I go about getting her back??

Dude, you HAVE to move on. The stories of breaking up and getting back with an ex and it working are so rare that its almost in the category of urban legend. It sucks but thats the truth. You dont get an ex back, you move on. Focus on improving you to the point that you dont need a woman to make you feel good about you.

Trapspringer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: I want my ex back

Originally posted by DreamerZZ35
Dude, you HAVE to move on. The stories of breaking up and getting back with an ex and it working are so rare that its almost in the category of urban legend. It sucks but thats the truth. You dont get an ex back, you move on. Focus on improving you to the point that you dont need a woman to make you feel good about you.
This pretty much sums it up.

sustainable007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Analyze Your Personal History

I had a similar situation...Last Sept my x ended a 5yr LTR and walked on me..It sucked even though i knew I could do so much better then the 155pd man with t1ts that she was...Heres how i recovered:

1. I went on a quest for self-improvement
2. I approached every hot girl I lusted after
3. I analyzed my personal history (Personal Biography, Strengths, Challenges, and my strategy for the future)..By doing this i learned something very important...In order to move on and get what you are destined for you really need to come to accept your past...After doing this i looked at everything differently and i really do feel emancipated from the X...So by all means listen to the "Reality Factor" and move on...Life is to short to waste on people that dont care for you.

JoeSchmuck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post sustainable, I did the same thing , met a chick 10x hotter , and i got into shape and i have double the friends i had when i was with the ex. never go back with a ex, grieve get over it and improve yourself . things will never be the same so face it and find someone who will treat you better.