I think I f*cked up with a BETA girl?!

spax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll keep it short.

- Met girl at a bar on Wednesday. Flirted lots, dirty danced, and kissed.

- She is 19 and I'm 24. She seemed really beta and properly has never had a boyfriend before.

- Made some joke about wanting to score some drugs from this girl (we had this joke going because she lived in a bad area)...so I needed her phone number.

- She happily offered it up, and I made some joke about contacting her when I wanted to score some stuff off her ;)

- On Saturday afternoon (met her Wednesday night), I text her for the first time something like "So, I'm looking for a drug that'll get me as high as kite, but still allow me to function like a normal person after. What's your recommendation?"

- Almost 24 hours later, no response. I'm really surprised. She seemed very keen on the night, inexperienced with men, and was so keen to offer her number.

Do you think I f*cked up with my opening message? Perhaps she forgot about our drug joke that she actually believes some junkie is messaging her. Perhaps she is so beta that she is intimidated and doesn't realize I was joking?

Any way to salvage the situation? I realize I'm getting my panties in a twist over not much but I want to learn for next time whether I scared her off or not.

Firestar786

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest if she's not replying then fuvck her

If she was interested shed reply.

If you want call her later and see how she is

If she doesn't pick up onto the next one unless somehow she gets into contact lol

Been here in the past, took 5-6 hours to reply, finally did I invited her over and fvcked Her.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if a girl doesn't respond to first contact, it's an instant number delete for me, that just sets a horrible precedent.

if you see her irl, work from there until she cares enough to bother responding to your messages, if not... forget her and find another

LMFAO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with your text she probably just doesn't remember or not that into you.

Make sure you always text them within minutes of getting the number "Hey this is my # - <your name>" so they have it down as well.

You can call her up but you'd lose value calling up a girl who hasn't responded to your text. I would just give it a couple of days then delete her in the face.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She probably lost interest in you, but anyway...YOUR TEXT WAS AWFUL!

Why the heck did you think about texting her that?? da fvck???

Had you texted her something 'normal' she may have replied...

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Busting her balls about where she lives is one thing, asking her to recommend a drug with absolutely no trace of irony in your opener is another.

I'd write this one off.

Heisenberg

Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
She was in a bar at age 19. Pedestalization much?
Spax is probably from Canada.

Keeping in mind that there could be an infinite number of reasons she didn't reply to you, I really do think you overdid the whole drug bit.

You tease her about being from a bad area. Great. You say you need her number if you ever want to score drugs off her. Great. In the biz, that's what we call a callback.

That joke should've ended that night. Or, if you absolutely had to dip into that well again, it should've been a lot more satirical. Your text is exactly what someone wanting to score drugs would write. You needed it to be more what a guy making fun of someone wanting to score drugs would write.

Also, did you identify yourself in that unfortunate text message? Did she have any way of knowing it was you. Because it'd been three days since you met (at a club, where she was drinking). Then she gets a random text about scoring drugs. Might not have computed for her.

That's why I always send a text the same night I get the phone number. Something like 1-4 hours after the fact, I'll just fire off a "Was nice to meet you. -My Name"

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, you broke the First Rule of Texting: Don't be clever.

To answer your question, yes, that initial text of yours was awful.

spax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys...It sucked... I f*cked up.

Any follow up text i can send to salvage the situation?

Something like -

"Hey Jess, it's Spax from the bar the other night. Let's grab a drink Monday night. I know a cool place :) "

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LMAO!!

how the heck you think that's an appropiate text after your first text, which she ignored btw ?? LOL

If I was the girl I would be thinking now: "why the fvck do I keep meeting weirdos? why??"

spax

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pyros said:
LMAO!!

how the heck you think that's an appropiate text after your first text, which she ignored btw ?? LOL

If I was the girl I would be thinking now: "why the fvck do I keep meeting weirdos? why??"
F*ck!

"Hope I didn't scare you off. I was actually wondering if you would like to come get a drink on Monday night? "

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spax said:
F*ck!

"Hope I didn't scare you off. I was actually wondering if you would like to come get a drink on Monday night? "
Absolutely, do not send her that. When asking a girl out, you make it a sure statement not a question. You say something to the effect of "We should get some drinks at so-so place at so-so time".

I would recommend re-introducing yourself first though. Something like " Hey, xxxx. It's actually Spax from the bar the other day ".

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL assuming your initial text freaked her out, you can't just now say, "Whoops, my bad. So, let's go out for drinks."

At this point you actually gotta engage in some sort of normal conversation to make her forget that initial intro. But I'd spend that time contacting more women.

salinechow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You overplayed the hand. And over played the joke. I am only critisizing to help us learn.

Sometimes when we land on a really good topic of banter and the girl participates, we can cling to it and become one dimensional. In your case, downright strange.

I hate texting. Yet, it does seem to be a nessiary evil. Especially with younger woman. If you are going to text, here is a suggestion I learned is valuable.

EDIT EDIT EDIT. It is always to long. Also, and this can be more difficult, depending on your personality, pretend you are the one receiving your own text. What if a girl sent that to you?

A girl you were only 10% interested in texts you.

"So, I'm looking for a drug that'll get me as high as kite, but still allow me to function like a normal person after. What's your recommendation?"

Dude, seriously, if you received that from a chick as an opener you would think it was: a smidge charming, but overshadowed by a storm of: try hard, weird, corny, one dimensional, junk text.

People even say "high as a kite" anymore?

If you want you can PM me a text and Ill read it objectively before you send it. It will help both of us learn.

No. Do not try to salvage it. The only thing worse than a bad text is chaseing a bad text.

If you must, try to give her a call in a week. Also, (which I never do) leave a message if she doesnt answer. DO NOT try the funny! Just reintroduce yourself and ask her if she would like to meet you because you will be in her area.

AgesDuctPro

Don Juan
Reaction score
You waited too long to text her. Three days is a long time for a young, inexperienced girl. They're usually quite self-conscious and not sure if you're serious about being into her or not.

saberu

Don Juan
Reaction score
You seemed like a druggy to me. Because I was using my stereotyping unforgiving understanding of a female perspective to read your actions.

A lot of women are very sensitive about social taboos like drugs. I wouldn't have even made that joke with a male friend I wasn't familiar with.

I like some kinds of drugs outside the really hard ones so I am talking from experience you don't joke about this stuff with people you just met. Even many guys are very anti-drugs.

Text her again saying 'Whoops bad joke, it's me'.