I screwed up! Need advice asap

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, guys, here's the situation. I have been using this site for awhile and I thought I had everything under control. I had managed to get over my oneitis (I didn't love her or anything I just really, really wanted her!), but she was always sort of in the back of my mind. The thing is I didn't make any mistakes with her (you know like giving her flowers or pledging undying love or something like that). I just knew I was too in to her and that I should move on. I have asked her out once before when I thought she had broken up with her boyfriend, but she actually hadn't. She told me on that occasion that she would if she weren't with her boyfriend. So I said no big deal and just pretty much distanced myself again.

Now she broke up with her boyfriend awhile back and I found out about it. I thought to myself why not give it a shot? So I called her last night and kept it short. Here's the convo because it involves a question I'm going to ask:

Me: Is Brittany there?
Her: This is her.
Me: This is Joe, I was wondering, what are you doing Friday night?
Her: I have no idea.
Me: Well, why don't you go out with me that night?
Her: I don't know if I can, I'll have to see.
Me: Well, find out if you can or not and give me a call back, ok?
Her: Ok
Me: Talk to you later
Her: OK, bye

Now, here's what I've realized now that the conversation is over. I am not ready for this. When it comes to this girl I revert back to AFC, and I don't know what to do. Like I said though this is the girl I've always wanted so I"m not going to back out, but the problem is that I can't think straight. Also I called around 7pm last night, she has two numbers, and no one answered when I called the first number, but then I called the second number and after like 4 rings she picked up and she sounded as if she had been napping, so I'm thinking that she was the only one home because I'm friends with her brother and her mom so someone would have picked up. The thing is she didn't call back so I'm thinking either she went back to sleep or her parents didn't get home until it was too late to call.

Since, I'm freaking out with her, I'm beginning to worry she's not going to call. I've graduated and she's still in high school so she's at school right now, so I won't really know anything until later on, but I just need some reassurance. So here are my questions:

1. Can I be certain she's really interested and going to call back? There's evidence to show, based on things she has said to me and my sister, that she likes me, but that was a while back. It sounded to me like she wanted to go but just had to ask her parents, but maybe she was looking for an excuse.

2. If she doesn't call back within a time frame that I would have expected her to call back should I call her? I know it was stupid to give her the ball by telling her to call me back, but like I said I can't think straight and there's nothing I can do about it now.

3. Is there anything I can possibly do to help myself relax and get back into the right mindset?

I know this is long, but like I said this is the first time in a long time that I've freaked out over a girl, so my head's all ****ed up right now. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read this guys.

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok man, I have been in a similar situation myself. For me it didnt work well and I had to forget about her completely.

Here is my advice/answers in the order you asked them.

1. No way to know, she may call but I believe that she will not.

2. No. You should do your best to forget about her armed with the knowledge that the odds of the two of you getting together are slim to none.

3. Become very busy for the next few weeks. Avoid contact with the girl.

I hope this helps.

DB9

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Can I be certain she's really interested and going to call back?
bro you should know by now that nothing is certain.

newayz bro i think you shouldn't of done it by phone lol it was kinda random and you shouldn't call back again.leave it up to her to decide,you already gave your personal power away by askin her like that. my opinion is that you should of asked her in person.I think you should just move on and learn from it if she does'nt call back:rolleyes: you did call her back when you told her to let you know.but you still have a chance if you talk to her in person ,you haven't blown it as of yet.

DB9

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Don't care. Honestly.

2. Don't call her.

3. Yup there is, you can stay true to yourself when you said that you were done with that chick. From the looks of the phone convo, it's not.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

9 months ago I hooked up with this girl. We ran into some teenage drama[she ****ed my chances of getting with the girl i really wanted caus she thought i used her :)] well since then I ran into her in Kings Dominion abotu a month ago, she ran up and gave me a hug smilign form ear to ear and I got ehr #. I called her a week later:she was busy. She gave me her screen name though. I called her 2 weeks later again and tried to setup something, but ti fell through[I'm not about to go to some ****ty school play jsut to watch her act and have my Sat night wasted]. So i texted her and asked about sunday:mroe plays tuff. so i told ehr to call me when she wants to chill.
Now that was 2 weeks ago. No call.
Shes so hott man...But is it hopeless? I think I'm going to call later on tonight and try and setup a date for this weekend, unless adviced otherwise.
Its worth ONE more shot, yes? It might seem AFC, but what do I ahve to lose?nothing but a chick from another school who already gave me some action's respect.
PS:Didn't mean to hijack your thread, but my question is kinda the same]

Epic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about Patrick :). I don't need anymore answers anyway, you guys were right, she didn't call. I would like to give it one more shot, but at the same time I think I shouldn't do that to myself. I gave her chance and she didn't take it so I should move on. At least I learned that even though I'm a dj that doesn't make me bulletproof so I should figure out my weak areas and prevent something like this from happening again.