I need to learn to dance

CoolRunning

Don Juan
Reaction score
I really want to learn to dance (to pop stuff, techno, etc). I hate not having some cool moves. Here's what I'm looking for,

1) Any websites you can point me to, on basic moves for guys (or a term that will help me google it)

2) Any recommendations you have on how to look cool while dancing.

3) Any links or videos of guys dancing that I can try to learn from.

My plan is to practice a little every day in the mirror at home. Should be kind of fun now that I think about it. You could ask why I don't just go to a club and practice, well, I think I need to see myself to know if it looks awkward or not. I am pretty tall, so lots of things a shorter guy could do, I can't, without looking goofy.

$BD

Don Juan
Reaction score
if ur looking for a hiphop move..

go and download W.C. - Cripwalk at Up in Smoke tour..

he was amazing.. but it takes time to learn it

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whatever you do,do not and I repeat do not learn that stupid hardcore dancing. Everyone doing that looks like a idiot.

CoolRunning

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well thanks guys, but any concrete advice?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You ever seen the movie,Hitch on the dancing segment? Just follow that,I try to not do anything stupid when "freak" dancing and that movie seemed to cover dancing plain and simple.

$BD

Don Juan
Reaction score
Watch ''You Got Served''

you can learn some kick ass dancemoves from that

Matthias

Reaction score
A little place I like to call...planet earth
I try to make a point not to post unless I can speak from experience. It turns out that I've had quite a few good and bad experiences.

Hitch, it's covered plain and simple. In a regular dance setting, less is more. It's best to keep yourself in an area where you can keep eye contact. That's important.

Also, if you have time, find a ballroom dancing class, or swing dancing. Believe it or not, those have worked wonders for me. In fact, swing lessons are a great way to meet women. And when I say women, I mean women with allot of energy to burn, and every intention for you to help them burn it...wink wink...

It's also good to have a few cultural dances up your sleeves. I knew a greek girl who pretty much went for me after she found out I knew a traditional greek dance. It was sloppy, and the only one I knew, but it got me brownie points anyway.

And if you can learn to TEACH a sort of dance, that increases the dating potential (kind of like being a dance DJ. You're a magnet). Personally, I've had experiences with the coreography of theatrical dances. Oddly enough, that works for some girls. The fact that my name is Matthias helps with the artsy appeal.

Generally though, Hitch pretty much had it straight, I'd say.

Matthias

bauer_23

Don Juan
Reaction score
get one of your girlfriends to help you. It is probably the best way to learn.