I need to forget my ex

idontkno171

Reaction score
I broke up with my gf about 2 months ago. At first I was fine with it but more and more she is all I can think about. And to my surprise she hasn't gotten into another relationship yet. Should I try to get her back?

I seriously can't stop thinking about her. I would go as far as to say I"m in love with her. But I know I shouldn't go after her. What are some great ways to completely forget about her. I tried zero contact and it failed miserably after 2 weeks.

DJ_Matthew

Don Juan
Reaction score
idontkno171 said:
I broke up with my gf about 2 months ago. At first I was fine with it but more and more she is all I can think about. And to my surprise she hasn't gotten into another relationship yet. Should I try to get her back?

I seriously can't stop thinking about her. I would go as far as to say I"m in love with her. But I know I shouldn't go after her. What are some great ways to completely forget about her. I tried zero contact and it failed miserably after 2 weeks.
I hear you bro.

I've always had bad experiences when trying to talk to my exs and I've learned it's best to forget them and move on.

Seriously, talking to her will only hurt you more and make things worse. I've had it happened to me so many times.

Talking to other girls should get your mind of your ex. Just try to avoid any thoughts about your girlfriend and if anyone mentions her, change the subject.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best way to forget her is to get involved with a new girl. It doesnt matter if you dont like her like you loved your ex, it will just get your mind detached from her.

Axcell

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can empathize what you are going through, and I have made MANY posts in this forum in regards to people who have experienced break-ups. Just re-posting a quote from one of the many posts I have made in regards to this, I hope it helps you out! :)

Axcell said:
I recently went through a breakup, and yes, it's somewhat depressing since thoughts of your ex-girlfriend always seem to wander your mind. My advice is to keep yourself busy doing things, continue to hang out with your friends every chance you get, and avoid sulking alone as much as possible. A DJ in this forum pointed out that getting over an ex-girlfriend is quite like trying to quit smoking: You gotta stay away from the cigarettes themselves and anything/anyone that will remind you and make you want to smoke again.

However, I do have 2 posts that I have taken from DJ's on this site and possibly other sites which I copied into a word document to re-read over and over again to help me get over my ex, it might help you as well. :)

The first one: (I take no credit for it, just to help a member on this site.)
Find comfort in this: We all thought we had "the one". It's so pervasive that seduction books even have this documented! Think about that...How is it possible that so many guys seem to have lost "the one". I mean, shouldn't it be hard to find her? If she's so hard to find, then why have we all found her, maybe even more than once!

Add to that that you often realize that she's "the one" _after_ she breaks up with you. It's just your pain playing tricks on you. You'll think back and only remember the good times, how glorious and lovely they were. You'll forget the bad times, the boredom and her bull****.

Be sure that there is no "one". There will be women who approximate what you want better than others. But probably the biggest problem is that you don't actually know what you want. For me a kickass woman would combine traits of 2 of my ex's, and yet each one independently is lacking. And yes they were "the one" too.

And yet despite the relationships i've had, I'm still not sure I know what I want. For example, I've never been with a girl who can genuinely make me laugh. Maybe if I had been, that would be an important trait for me to look for. Maybe that's just the trait I'll need in my partner when I'm 90 yrs old and pissin in a bed pan.

In any case, this is like speaking logically to a woman. You can't just come out of this through "logic". It can only take you so far. You need other things in your life to start buffering your current emotions. You need other emotions in your life that start eating away at these and leave you no time to feel or think about her.

Second post: (This one made me laugh the first time I read it, and it was probably the first time I did laugh after my girlfriend broke up with me.)

I broke up with my hs sweetheart of several years when I was 19 and thought it was the end of the world. Now she's fat, and I'm glad we're not married. Later in life, my wife of seven years divorced me, and I thought that was the end of the world. Now she's fat, and I'm glad we're not married. Recently, my gf of a year dumped me. It sucks, but in a couple years, she will be fatter, and I will be glad we're not married.

Anyway, hope I helped you out. Most DJ's in here will just tell you to go date other women. Once she finds out, her jealous genes will trigger and she'll ask for you back. And the moment this happens and you realize she wants you, you'll notice you won't want her as much anymore. ;)

Think about all the starving people in 3rd world countries and how horrible their lives are at this very moment. Soldiers are getting blown up on a daily basis because of war and many men find their spouses cheating on them. The world isn't perfect, and I completely understand you were with this girl for 4 years and you may have had a vision that this girl was completely perfect, but it wasn't. It never was. Forget her.

You're 20 something, correct? You still have your youth life to live! You seem to have quite a bit of game, and you must be attractive if you were able to pick up a girl like that. You got everything all going for you so be thankful. Everything in life happens for a reason, so who knows, maybe another chick will enter your life. Or who knows, maybe even more!

Best of luck with everything.
Also, this is something I learned the HARD way. Many DJ's on this forum say to get over a girl, start seeing many other women because it does two things for you.

1) When you surround yourself with plenty of women, your mind gets carried away from that girl you claimed you love so much, and it makes you realize there are plenty of fish in the sea.
2) If the women you broke up with sees you with plenty of women, she will fill with remorse and regret breaking up with you. Most likely, she will apologize to you and feelings will start to emerge within herself. Jealous is KEY in women. Hopefully at this stage, by realizing that she wants you, you will not want her anymore. (Once you realize you are able to get something, you don't want it anymore.)

BUT when you approach these women, don't have the mind frame that you are only talking to them to get over your girlfriend. THIS IS THE WRONG WAY TO GO! If you go this way, you will only see yourself thinking about that girl more often.. it happened to me.

Try out this routine: Channel your energy in a sport/working out and other physical activities for about 2-3 weeks. If sports aren't your thing, focus on getting your grades up. Chances are that when you had a girlfriend, quite a bit of your time involved her in some way whether it was meeting to go to the movies or talking to her on the phone. Fill up that free time with activities so it's not filled with time to mope around about her! I, personally, wanted to get my grades up because I found they were really lacking when I was with my ex-girlfriend. Than start meeting girls, etc.

In short, when you break up with your girlfriend and you want to start seeing other women, do not have the mind frame that you are only meeting those women to get over your ex-girlfriend because it will hit you right back in the ass and your mind will only consist of even more thoughts of her.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me and I will be glad to help you out,
Axcell.

The Amen Corner

Reaction score
My understanding of the situation is that you left her.. which I would say was a better move because it leaves you in more control of where to go next.

If you want to go back to her, you need to really think about why you left. What was so powerful as to make you leave before? How do you feel now? Was it trivial anger that you think you have gotten past, or was it something inescapable that will come up again? Could you see yourself leaving this girl over the same thing? If it occurred again, and you just put up with it, would you become miserable in the relationship?

Think about that. If you made the right choice when you broke up with her the first time, I'd say there is no reason to think about it any more. Sure, there were good sides to what you had. But there are many different perspectives from which to look at any situation -- make sure in acknowledging the good, you do not in the process overlook the bad.

Take for example some of these American politics primaries -- some people are saying that Hilary becoming teary-eyed helped her win New Hampshire, where as others argue that she won by only such a small margined as a result of voters interpreted this as weakness. The truth is most likely a mix of the two -- because both perspectives are valid. But which side should we focus on, and thus deem more important? Should the negative suggestion of weakness cripple our view of her, or should we turn the circumstance into a positive feeling of sympathy and comradeship? From which do we have the most to lose, and the least to gain?

Ultimately -- it's up to you. Overall, this is a good thing, I would say. At least you are in the position in which you left her -- and so there is still the possibility of her still being interested in you. Of course -- as soon as you come back, the stronghold you have built by leaving immediately begins to deteriorate.

Do what you have to do. Personally, if I broke up with a girl, I would never go back. What's that reference to never saying your sorry? If I were you now, I'd focus on a new hobby -- that could be looking for other girls, or something completely unrelated to dating. Your priority should be getting your mind off her, if that's the commitment you are going to make.

Make one -- and stick with it. Make the right choice -- not just the one you feel emotionally strongly for. This is the entire issue of control of your emotions -- don't let them define your choices. Reasonably, if you don't get back with this girl, in just a little bit more time you will be fine -- unless there's some circumstantial evidence that I don't know about.

britiny_9

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah! I am with you and wishing you for great time!
All the best!

In Motion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My best tip is: Keep yourself occupied!

Hang out with friends after school, talk to people and be social. If you find yourself alone do not sit around an mope! Work out, go for a jog or just have fun. Try to have fun, try to talk to other girls and hopefully you'll be able to take your mind of her.

young pat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have to say, as stated before by Corner, you must seriously think about why you left, and what happened, and go from there. hardly none really is worth going back to are as far as I'm concerned as it would show tremendous amount of weakness if you went begging for her to take you back and admitted that you fvcked up, whether explicitly stated or not that is what she is going to think, giving her the majority of the power over you.

I would try and find something productive to get my mind off her, hit the gym, take dance classes, martial arts classes or something to further better yourself, trust me once you find something that you devote your time to, you will realize that you are better then hanging onto the past and wonder why you were so obsessed with her in the first place.

JamesMitchell

Reaction score
If you want to forget your ex then keep yourself with other I know one free online dating site called vertigosex.com there you can search, contact and talk to single person for free and it’s true that you don’t need to pay to meet girls online. It’s really a best site among of all. Hope this will help you alot.
Good luck!
:box: :trouble: