I need an opinion on this guys (not long!)

finn_dogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl and I volunteered together in college this last semester and I told her we should play tennis sometime. Well, that was right before finals and we were both busy, never played. I get an email from her the other day (we both moved home for the summer) asking how I've been doing and that she is looking forward to hearing from me (she emailed me, not the other way around).

Now I sort of wanted to hook up with her during school, but never did because I was getting over oneitis (she is otta my mind completly and life is a lot better!). We live about an hour and a half apart right now until school starts in the fall. Plus, I'm going to be gone over a month starting the 14th.

Should I just ask for her number (I should have done it before school got out, kicking myself for that!) and call her like once every few weeks and see what happens from there? Or should I say we should do something once I get back late July? Or just send her the occational email once every few weeks?

I'm leaning towards the number since email is a lot of bs to me. What do you guys think I should do?

route66

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't drag it out. If you want to do her, then take the first step towards 'doing' her (i.e. getting the number).

Now this may not pan out, but it sounds like you have a life outside this chick, so you shouldn't be so worried.

Anyway, it's not like it's a marriage proposal or anything. YOu can ask her to play tennis like you already talked about.

Phone calls are better (marginally) than email, though keep 'em short and set up a date and that's it. Don't discuss your worst childhood memory or your favorite food.

Strike while it's hot and let us know what happens. Good luck.

route66

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL @ Crowes.

Dude just go out with her before you leave for a month. Ask her for her #..tell her you are leaving soon (to make yourself look like you could "get away" if she doesnt act fast)

then go out with her and just keep in touch.

for all you know..she could be sackin it with sum1 else else by the time you return..summer love..chicks come and go like crazy.

finn_dogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I got the number from her and will try to set up a date before I leave on the 14th, but doubt that will happen since we live an hour and a half away. I'll keep you guys informed though.