i love you?

bob88

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, well me and my g/f have been going out for about 2 months now and she has sorta been hinting at saying the words "I love you" many times. Sometimes she says things like "thats why I.....nevermind" when i say/do something that makes her feel good. It's like shes holding back on saying it but just incase she did say it sometime soon what should I respond with? I don't want to say I love you back because I'm not sure if I do "love" her.

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's ok if you don't, chances are even if she said it she doesn't really mean it, it's just a short affection thing, "i love u" in two months isn't realistic and practical in a serious relationship.

Even if she said it, i think you don't need to say it back. Play hard to get, and show her that she hasn't gotten you yet. Tell her you like her a lot, but you need more time to make sure.

Saying i love you back may make her happy at the moment, but in the long term she will probably lose interest at you, you will just become this common and boring person to her.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I said "Thanks".

Just ignore it, you know she wants to say it, so don't go trying to grind it out of her. It's basically already said. If she does end up saying it, DON'T say it back. Because the only reason you'd be saying it is because she said it, and what a ****ty way to sweep anyone off their feet.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In the Seas

Even if she said it, i think you don't need to say it back. Play hard to get, and show her that she hasn't gotten you yet.
Wrong.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The game completly changes when you get into a relationship. She has him, there is no more hard to get to be done.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, what is your definition of love? If it fits, say it, if it doesn't don't say it.

With society, the word love has so much extra baggage and extra wieght that comes along with it, with me it has a far more simple meaning, i love my friends, my parents, my dog, my girlfriend ect.

Life is far to short to get caught up and stressed out on wether or not to say "i love you" or not. It's highschool! Three little words are not going to harm you! Be a fvcking man and stop fearing 3 fvcking words!

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the problem my man. Your definition is different than society's definition and THAT creates conflicts and misinterpretation. Same goes for the word "shit". If "shit" meant stuff that comes out of your anus to society and to you "shit" meant toaster strudels, looks like we might have a problem here, eh chief? You live in society, you live by society's rules. And if you break the rules of society, it is acknowledged as that.

The game doesn't COMPLETELY change after you get into a relationship. You shouldn't change. You should be the MAN that she fell for. Not become some DIFFERENT MAN just because you're taken now. It's the same person you're dating and you're the same person that she's dating. Get it straight.

Why should you say "I love you"? Just cause she said it? F-THAT. Say it when you really honestly mean it. Say it for what it means. Not for the simple, "I love everyone and I LOVE YOU TOO!" kinda bullshit. Make it mean something because it's the only ammo you got. Unless you rather make it into some harmless bubble or something.

CAPITAL LOVE is not simple. CAPITAL LOVE is not easy. Love is as simple as "I love the ice cream and the wind." But to go from that to saying "I love you" to your girlfriend... not the same.

It's gotta mean as much to you as it means to her. You aren't sure, so don't say it. Eventually, it'll come to you and you'll really feel the need to say it. But if you do say it back and then you break up with her a week later. Boy does that say something out you.

My advice. Stick your guns. If she says it, say something witty back and kiss her.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
NRM you misunderstand me as i was obviously unclear.

Not for the simple, "I love everyone and I LOVE YOU TOO!" kinda bull****.
Ok man, here is some major mis-com. I never said go around and be all, "I love everyone and I LOVE YOU TOO!" Fvck, i would never be so goddamn stupid! The point of my reply is that their are different kinds of love and that there is no one definition.
I reserve a special, "i love you" for my girlfriend.

Why? because i do
when? when she earns it of course.

And wtf did you mean by:

Make it mean something because it's the only ammo you got.
Only ammo you got!? If that is the only ammo you got, then you have a fvck load more to worry about then "i love you" man!

My overall point was do your own thing, don't stress over it. That's all.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything after my first paragraph was not addressed to you at all. It was seperate from you, chill man. I didn't say you treated it that way, I'm just telling him NOT to treat it that way since he's thinking about what to say. I didn't make a whole post just to diss you man, that's why I moved to respond to Likretsam in the second paragraph. It was some miscoms.

True Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, ok man, it's cool

Just another miscom

Sometimes i really hate the lack of tone that can be conveyed over the net...

pokie87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say 'You know what, I love me too.' Then just smile.

Mack Bishop

Don Juan
Reaction score
tell her prove it and force her head down to c0ck level