I look too young...wtf does she mean.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by groundzero
Hello all, I'm 24 years old but I look like I'm 17. Not bad looking, plus I got an athletic body...But the only problem is I look too damn young. Ladies who I've talked with especially strangers say I look too young for my age. I get carded for alcohol I dont mind that. But when they find out I'm 24 they say that I look too young. I don't really care what people say. I'm just wondering if this will affect the way I pick up women?
When you're 55 and retired you'll be glad that you look younger.

Anyway, it can't be that big of a deal. Once I was at this club where the minimum age is 19. I saw one man who looked about 15 or younger (though he obviously had to be 19 or older), but he was dancing with a very cute girl (I'd rate her an 8+). Apparently it didn't stop him.

Ben

dakota

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I get a kick out of people who think they look younger/ older than they really are and the difference is only a few years. With me NOBODY thinks I am older than mid 20's at best and I ALWAYS get carded.... but I am 38. I am a high school teacher and even get mistaken for a student sometimes. I have a tremendous amount of social proof.. but with the wrong age group thanks to a continous series of rumours about me and the hottesr students.
Anyhow there is nothing wrong with looking to young. Overall it is almost always a good thing.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you look young, then start picking up younger girls.

Jamaicanballer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am in a similar situation. I am turning 21 in a couple months but I look like I am 16. The only thing is the only girls that I seem to attract are either crazy as hell or just to young. One girl came up to me, who I think is cute, but happens to be toooooo young. The others girls were just crazy as hell.

KingBeef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wjh said:
That must be annoying.

I would ignore it, or make jokes about it.

ABSOLUTELY...who care what she thinks....you can pretty much go for girls younger than you anyway...

by the way, when your 30.... WHO DO YOU THINK IS GONNA LOOK BETTER, YOU OR HER?? ;)

lore_hunter477

Reaction score
I am 29 but everyone guesses my age as anywhere between 17 and 25 (usually around 21-22). I haven't found a way to get it to work for me yet.

I often get asked if I'm going to school and when I say 'no' it seems like people are a little bit surprised and not in a good way, because I look like I 'should' be. If I tell them what I did take, they'll soon learn I'm not using my degree and I seem like a bit of a failure. This line of questioning always goes this way because my age makes me look like I'm still a student. If I looked 29 when I said "I'm a factory worker" the issue of school and the unused degree would not come up that early.

I'd really like the option of talking to women my own age (many 21-22 year olds are too frustratingly flakey for me) but apparently a lot of women don't take a guy very seriously (and even get weirded out) if he looks two-thirds their age. Any ideas?

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea, it will, because being 24, you're gonna go for 20-28 year old chicks, who aren't gonna want to date someone who looks 17. Get some stylish clothes, perhaps an earring, etc. *shrug* I dunno how you can look 17 at 24, unless you're like 5'4, skinny as a twig and walk around in a pair of baggy shorts and nike's.