I have a natural angry face

BongDuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When i completely relax my face, i tend to look very very upset. Normally when i go around school or hang out with friends, i try to raise my eyebrows so i look more subtle. I was wondering, what do you guys think i should do? I think this often gives others the wrong impression about how i truely am, since i am typically not an angry person.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In high school this was also sort of a problem for me too. Even when I wasn't I looked like I was pissed off. What I did was literally stare in the mirror for like an hour and force myself to look relaxed and more normal.

kraytkiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the same problem right now. Environments growing up have given me the instinctual reaction to, when in public, put on what I call my 'street face'. :p

People say I look really intimidating. Funny sometimes -- but not good for dating girls. I don't know if it matters that much. I'm still able to get girls. But I don't know any way to solve it either...

I'll try to do what Beta said and see if that works. hm.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it looks like is common,same to me except that for some strange reason it help me to get the bad girls. :D
The problem was with school teachers who though i was challenging them,poor idiots who cared about their "lessons of life" or afc propaganda.

SeanyB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha I've got this same problem too. People are always telling me to cheer up and I'm fine.

Natural Vibe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smile.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just asking to see the reason of it,does any of you had family problems or a "first strike than ask questions" life as teenager?

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well for me it's actually a family thing. My uncle always looks pissed off when he's talking to me and he's actually really really good with people...he's a doctor. My dad also has the same problem, he looks like he's always mad even when it's as simple as asking for the remote.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I see but actually i had other stuff in my mind.
Having a "street face" its common of people who had problems in their life like dealing with a**holes at school,with criminals outside or even abusive parents in childhood.
In those case a man become weak as shlt or strong as stone,and both of the case it can be seen through his face.

kraytkiller

Don Juan
Reaction score
Son of anarchy said:
Just asking to see the reason of it,does any of you had family problems or a "first strike than ask questions" life as teenager?

Horrible childhood. Still in progress. Gave me a rather mean face as a younger child growing up, I believe...

So true for me.

...Also Street Life situations.

Son of anarchy

Don Juan
Reaction score
kraytkiller said:
Horrible childhood. Still in progress. Gave me a rather mean face as a younger child growing up, I believe...

So true for me.

...Also Street Life situations.
Yeah i think thats the point,of all the bad people im friend most of them with that kind of "street face" had problems through childhood and teenage life with parents,teachers and whatever kind of "authority".
It look like that "street face" is like disclaimer where you say that you already had your ball busted and unwilling to have anymore,subconsciously.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hm....i think it's part street face and part confidence
well for me at least

i grew up around some pretty shady charcters...drug dealers/gang members...all that ****...but they were nice to me cause i was young...basically i knew them on a more friendly level..but i saw what went down...and also i had some other traumatic expereiences that were very personal...that was part of it

the other part was my confidence level...i was so self-conscious during my first year of high school that i tried to fake confidence...and kept that stoic face

now, i'm happy all the time...my confidence is genuine...and girls are definitely noticing...
my face is usually that stoic face during class...but when i'm talking or it's interactive...i smile more and have a different expression...and it's done me wonders..as long as your face isn't "i'm angry" but more of a silent/sexy/confident one...you're good...sorta like denzel in all his movies