I have a bf line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi I was recently conversing with a chick when I got the line, "I have a bf." Pissed me off alot since it messed up my game at that point.

What do you guys do from there?

And my question is for the experienced, not the "bible dorks."

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should search this one out...

Short answer : Don't let it phase you... assume that they are single, untill they say otherwise.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on how your approach was. I've been hit with that line too. It kinda sucks but at the same time, at least I found out right then and there instead of it being a drawn out process and using my resources to get this girl and then hear the line. Went down that road too. Also did the "take the girl from the boyfriend" thing too. Best option is to just find another girl to talk to. On the real, girls with boyfriends have too much baggage and can't give you there time long term anyway. Kick it with a girl that is single. Better to start at ground zero and work your way up. My opinion, my experience.

Eccentric

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her: I have a boyfriend.
Me: If he's a cool guy I'd like to meet him.
Her: (Confused) Uhh he's not here with me.
Me: Well a simple conversation doesn't hurt.
Her: I guess you're right.

If he is there, play it cool. Chat with them for a few and say nice to meet you both and leave.

If she's out with her girlfriends, and you play it smooth infront of them. Chances are one of her single friends will approach a few minutes later. Usually with something like "So you seem like a pretty cool guy" or some generic line.

A) You'll isolate with her. By this time your and/or her friends should know whats going on. No LMR ****blocks.

B) She'll invite you back with her girls, but now you're commanding the attention.

C) She'll ask if you want to leave this place for drinks, a walk, whatever. Hope you have rubbers.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whatever you do dont grab her thigh in front of the bf and get him in trouble for doing nothing when he doesnt even notice :)

yeah i was that boyfriend before... she thought i didnt have the balls to say or do anything.. but really i just didnt notice :\

Reaction score
Yeah sry i should've searched this one--which I just did.

Probably what I would use next time is...

"So when's the wedding date?"

And im gonna game her friends now. :D

Distant Light

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look into boyfriend destroyers thats the only thing i know that i've used to overcome that obstacle.

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im sorry i have a boyfriend.

Fair doos. Heres my number, give me a call if that changes.

*Done*

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by blueangel83
Boyfriend or no boyfriend, that means she wants nothing to do with you, sorry.
Not necessarily - she may be s***-testing you to see what you're made of.

HB: "I have a BF"

Me: "Not a problem, I'm not the jealous type"

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i usually say "me too," with my favorite follow up at the time depending on the girl

"me too, he doesnt know i'm fooling around with girls on the side"

"me too, but i cheat on him all the time so it's cool" (i read something like this on hear a long time ago and liked it a lot)

etc.

say whatever you want, doesn't matter if she has one or not. if you have a smooth and witty answer you'll get either:

a) she has a boyfriend - you have a new female friend, who has female friends

b) she doesn't have a boyfriend - ;)

Guitarist26

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude I've gotten hit with that line as well. These are a couple tried and true lines that I say back, and have worked pretty well...

1)
Me: So when's the wedding?
Her: Um.......
Me: Can't be that serious, then...you should buy me a drink!

2)
Me: WHOA...slow down, babe...I just met you...you should buy me a drink!

3) (If she gets *****y about it)
Me: Really? So you go out to a club dressed in your tightest jeans and most revealing shirt (or whatever slutty thing she is wearing), just for fun? What would your boyfriend think?!

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Social_disturbance
And my question is for the experienced...
No offense, but a question this repetitive (in other words, something that has been asked by at least 100 other people at least as many times) shouldn't be asked again.

You're far better off doing a search and trying to find your own answer (and believe me, there are TONS of answers to this exact same question located on this forum and in articles on the website).

Thanks.

Here's just one quick link to a thread with over 18,000 views and 92 replies.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18373

Here's another 140+ results to go through. The rest of the searching is up to you.
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/search...d=480775&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Status
Not open for further replies.