I get more nervous talking to guys than girls??

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey.... today I just noticed that I get more nervous or timid when I talk to a guy. More specifically, a guy who is in my view more popular than I am.

I guess its hard for me because.... conversing with guys have more of a serious manner. When I talk with girls its more of a joking manner so Im free to make jokes here and there. Flirt. :D

However, when its one on one with a guy, Its more serious or toned down, and I tend to get nervous. Plus.... I always find that I have to talk more and lead the conversation. I dont know these guys very well enough for them to start a convo with me so I have to start it and lead it, and it makes me uncomfortable that I have to lead it with hardly any support.

Sometimes I think that guys only joke around when either they are in groups, or when girls are around.

When its one on one, its more serious.

Maybe its because of my attitude? My apparent nervousness?

I have broken out of my shell.....meaning Im talking alot more. I am alot more outgoing than I was in the beginning of the summer school course. But now I am finding myself in more and more convos, and I notice that I am always nervous or timid in all of them. I take risks and I am constantly uncomfortable...... its hard. But w/e, i guess maybe with experience Ill learn.

Any tips or advice you DJs would like to give me?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Joking around and shooting the sh1t is what being a guy is all about. When i first meet some new dudes i always just bullsh1t.

I think your intimidated by guys you see as more popular, which sucks for you. I have an ego and see myself as superior to most others, very rarely do i find someone who is equal to me, no one exceeds me.

\m/

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im EXACTLY the same. And its only with the guys that are more popular in the group...

I find it really easy to talk to girls becuase, yes, i talk about some serious stuff but there are no awkward silences becuase i fill those in with humor/teasing her... and its kind of gay to tease a guy.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
\m/ thats exactly how I feel.

I dont know why I get like this.

Today I was keeping a convo with a guy, but there were some awkward silences, and it just doesnt feel right to tease them. Especially if I dont know them well or I just dont know if theyll take it seriously or carry it on to the next day and then embarass you in front of everyone the next day.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Hmmm... guy talk, make jokes, observational humour. It's all good. I assume you don't actually sit around alone with a guy and... talk.

I dunno, just make some convo! Talk about sports, school, anything!

Of course, you could just be gay. :D

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Answer your own questions, you already know the answer.

Stop being lazy and trying to have us solve it for you, and/or stop betting on us giving you a good answer or some magical peice of advice.

Answer the question yourself, you'll get better results, guaranteed (or your money back).

All guarantees made by Smooth as Anything are void.

Da Irishman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015

I take risks and I am constantly uncomfortable...... its hard.

Taking risks is good step from a month ago where you said you had trouble conversing at all. From what i have read you are a big guy, and so don't be nervous when talking to other guys just say whatever. If they don't agree with what you are saying too bad they aren't going to fight you over it.

In short just don't give a crap.