I get IOI's, but I don't approach... WTH?

omkara

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
This is a skill just like any other one.
That's pretty much how I look at it. With the way the institution of marriage is nowadays, this is something that I will have to be able to do for my whole life. Even in relationships, you still need to be able to pull to keep your woman attracted. I'm watching curb your enthusiasm season 6 and larry david is having to go through dating and picking up women in his 60's after getting divorced. So this is the contemporary reality in the west nowadays.

I've approached girls in my classes before, because it felt safe and like we were part of the same community. Never have I approached strange women - it seems strange and new to me.

And yeah it does suck that I'm starting to learn this at 34, when I'm already so ingrained in my habits and, even if I did learn this, I would still be getting old by the time I learned it! But oh well... gotta make the best of it. Life doesn't end when you hit 40. We have way too much worship of youth in this culture and not enough appreciation for all the phases of life. I guess part it is that traditionally a guy who's past 40 should already have his woman and not be out hunting. Not anymore... :)