I f*cked up today

lavida88

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know what happened to me today, but I didnt have the balls to go talk to this girl I was interested in.

We had already talked before and had a name exchange. I had the balls to approach her then.

Today she was with some of her guy friends and I just lost my courage to go talk to her. I basically passed up a great opportunity to get her number. I dont know why I felt so different today, I dont even know what I was afraid of, maybe it was her guy friends and their competition, or maybe it was something else, I dont know.

Im so mad at myself right now, its one of the few times Ive ever been actually disappointed in myself. Im let down by other people sometimes, but this time I let myself down. Im so f*cking mad at myself right now.

The killer is that I had already approached this girl a few days ago, I had the balls then, but I dont know what happened to me today.

What are some ways you guys overcome your fears like this?

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretend that your target is the only person in the room. You must convince yourself that no matter how many other people are around her,you can still go up to her. Block them out, pretend they are invisible. They will probably be so astonished that you are bold enough to do this in front of them that they will be shocked and won't say a word to you.

chill

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like you lost your spark. same thing happened to me last week.read some of the inspiration-focused parts of the bible (did the trick for me).

Qmanchoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
EDIT: Not trying feels worse than rejection.

Next time you think of not approaching picure youself coming home to sit on your computer and post about how sh!tty you feel that you didn't do it.

And then realize that the worst that would have happened is that you had a conversation with her.

You're putting pressure on yourself because you want to get the number when you haven't even started a conversation yet.

This isn't a **** up. This is simply an opportunity to build your resolve so that next time you come back here it will be to post about the great converation you had with a HB, the number she gave you, and the date you're going to setup with her.

It's all about your fram of mind!

Last edited:

ThisGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Qmanchoo
Rejection feels worse than not trying.
I completely disagree. Always try, don't just walk away. If she says no, screw i, move on. If you don't do anything, you will always regret it.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no problem man.just make sure next time you dont mess up.dont let other intimidate you. i think alot of the people who go to this site forget where all the information and tips come from,CONFIDENCE.

Qmanchoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha, that's what I get for posting when I'm in a tired daze after getting home from work.

What I meant to say there was the exact opposite as ThisGuy pointed out. If you go talk to a girl and think about the feeling you get if you're rejected, and think about the feeling you get when you don't try....not trying always feels worse.

zx2not4u

Don Juan
Reaction score
Right when you start to have that hevy feeling in the pit of your stomach, an you can't feel your legs. And you are telling your self to go over to her an F&#%ing talk to her. Rember this she weighs 110 pounds and cant physically hurt you. Try to find somthin wrong with her like she has a zit or somthing you dont like!! FOCUS on what you dont like about her it helps you feel like she is more human. Its not the end of the world if she rips ur hart out an stomps on it because hey she has a Big ass zit on her forhead screw her. This helps me to talk to her also because I am not focusing on how great she is so I dont clam up with nothing to say.

pokie87

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a method i use as an opener and I have had success with it. Ok you walk up to any girl and say ''Hey, i feel like stalking you. Im gonna need your number,address, list of all previous boyfriends and an item of clothing.'' Always gets a laugh. Then you can start talking and eventually get the number by saying ''I got to go now, give me your number''