I dont like my workout help me out

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats 2 x 5
Squats or Leg Press 1 x 15 (lighter weight)
Good Mornings or Stiff Leg Deadlifts or Sumo Leg Press 2 x 10-15
Glute Ham Raise or Pullthroughs or Hyperextension 2 x 8
Calf Raises 2 x 10

Incline Press 2 x 5
Dumbbell Press (Flat/Decline) or Dips 2 x 8-10
Shoulder Press 2 x 8-12
Tricep Exercise 2 x 10-15

Deadlifts 2 x 5
Row or Chinup/Pulldown 2 x 8
Bicep Curl 2 x 8-10
Forearm Exercise 2 x 10-15

Yes.

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide said:
LoL ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What the hell is that?

Go to Alex's thread straight away dude.

That is one of the best programs for BEGINNERS out there. I stress beginners because they benefit from the ability to increase the weight on their exercises very quickly without getting burned out. Many people (some on this board, myself included) have used this program and have seen great results from it. I would recommend it to anybody who is looking to start lifting or who hasn't used a program centered around the big 3.

Alex's thread is great and all the information he provided is spot on. But for a beginner or even someone who has never lifted very seriously with the big 3, Rippetoe's program is the best choice. And in case you're wondering, I asked Alex himself before I started a new program if I should do Rippetoe's or his program, and he said to start off with Rippetoe's program.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
qkmantis,

-Since you already used Mark Rippetoe's program, can you tell me how long you sticked with it before changing your routine or are you still on it?

-What kind of gains did you have? ex. Starting weight and after few months on program your new weight.

-Was your routine similar to what I posted?

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamoJednom said:
qkmantis,

-Since you already used Mark Rippetoe's program, can you tell me how long you sticked with it before changing your routine or are you still on it?

-What kind of gains did you have? ex. Starting weight and after few months on program your new weight.

-Was your routine similar to what I posted?
-I am on week 13 and am still adding weight to each exercise every workout. The key is to start light with weight you can handle easily and work on your form. It may seem too easy at first, but it will get harder quickly and this will enable you to continue adding small increments of weight each workout.

-So far I have put on 20 pounds. Started at 135 and am now 155. I have been on a bulking diet, but have tried to keep it fairly clean. My abs are more visible now than they were before I started.

-The routine I am using is exactly what you posted, except without the added arm work. However, I still have seen my arms grow while I have been on the program.

I recommend anyone interested in this program to buy the book. It gives a detailed description of each exercise and is very helpful for beginning lifters. Also, for a quick overview of the routine, here is nice thread from bb.com:
http://www.forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
qkmantis,

Those are some really good gains!!!. Thats the exact spot I got the routine from hahah :)!.

I just added the arm work there in case I don't see a lot of gains on the arms. But like the person stated on BB.com the arms will get hit hard. So i will keep that work out as optional, but will definitely not add it any time soon.. maybe 7 weeks in but if the gains are really great i will not add to hinder the process.

Another 2 questions for you qkmantis!!

-Did you follow his meal plan exactly?? If so how does your meal plan look like now, like amount of times you eat a day + the food your eating.

-Do you have a workout journal posted somewhere? :D!

gkmantis

Don Juan
Reaction score
SamoJednom said:
qkmantis,

-Did you follow his meal plan exactly?? If so how does your meal plan look like now, like amount of times you eat a day + the food your eating.

-Do you have a workout journal posted somewhere? :D!
-I did not follow his meal plan. Most of what I have learned about diet has come from this board (mainly WBA) and from searching around the internet.

A typical day looks like this for me:

8am: Shake
10:30am: usually some wheat bread or other small snack
12:00pm: grilled chicken sandwich/cheeseburger/turkey sandwich, beef stew, pretzels
3:00pm: tuna on wheat or peanut butter on wheat
4:30pm: apple, sometimes cereal (skim milk + healthy cereal)
6:00pm (7:00pm on workout days): Shake
8:00pm: chicken breast/steak/fish/ground beef, wheat pasta/brown rice, veggies
10:30pm: 3-4 whole eggs, toast

-I don't have a journal. I find I get more motivation from hearing about other people's workout and success than I do talking about my own.

Also, I just wanted to say again that I recommend you buy the book if you are not already very familar with the exercises. His explanations are very detailed and will get you on track much quicker than anything I have found on the internet. His writing style also has a way of motivating you to want to workout.

SamoJednom

Don Juan
Reaction score
qkmantis,

Yep I already taught about buying his book, since a lot of people on BB.com recommended to buy the book am going to drop by the bookstore on Friday and purchase it!!

-My meal plan has about 3500 cals a day and about 310g of protein. But a lot of it consists of solid food. The only time I planned on taking shakes is before my work out like 30-40 mins and then after my work about 10 mins later... But then I saw you stated that taking shakes 2 times a day helped your bulking up a lot am also going to try to do that. I believe I read it in Alexe's thread that liquid (the protein's ) gets much faster absorbed then the solid ones.

Just for reference I stand at about 168lbs @ 5'10". But most people think am like 150lbs lol.... but am truly 168 hah. But a 168 skinny fat person :(!!!.... which will change :).

Thanks a lot qkmantis for answering my questions you helped a lot!!!