I dont know what to do

~+~

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just need some advice on what to do here.

Im a sophomore college student and college just started 3 weeks ago at most. I met this one girl who is roomates with a female friend of mine. When we first met, she seemed to be interested in me and over a short period of time, I am now attracted to her. We both play tennis and she seems like a real cool girl. I am interested in her and I would really like to go out with her.

The thing is that I have been out of the dating game for so long that I have pretty much forgotten how it all works :(.

I'm trying hard not to fail this time, but maybe Im trying too hard.

I have contimplated asking my friend to hook her up with me.
But theres a part of me that tells me that it would be a big mistake. But I dont know why.

Should I go up to her and ask her to play tennis sometime and maybe later on say: ''I think you are a real cool girl and I would like to go out with you."

What do you guys think I should do??

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't let her friend know that you like her. It's childish at best. You're in college now, not junior high.

Next, don't tell her she's really cool and would like to go out with her. The best is getting to know her and having fun with her by playing Tennis for starters. Ask her to do other things later.

Alphathree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing you could do for yourself is acknowledge that you won't get this girl and use her as practice so that when you fail, you'll have gained something from it.

Of course you're not going to do that.

You're going to idolize her and act all stilted and weird, repel her, and then come asking what you did wrong.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and your game won't get fixed overnight.

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Umm... just ask her to go play tennis with you. There is no need to compliment her - if you do you will blow it so remember that...

You attitude smells of failure at this point unfortunately.

~+~

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alphathree
The best thing you could do for yourself is acknowledge that you won't get this girl and use her as practice so that when you fail, you'll have gained something from it.

Of course you're not going to do that.

You're going to idolize her and act all stilted and weird, repel her, and then come asking what you did wrong.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and your game won't get fixed overnight.
I have made that same mistake before. Back then I was very pathetic.

I guess my first post makes me sound like a desperate loser.

But I have done my homework and Im not going to let rejection take the best of me

Badmannaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude 4get about all of what everyone else is saying and Be you...don't let people on sosuave insult you cuz there not getting any....

do the whole cool friend thing....like a pre-date

invite her to your room to watch soom f*ckin anchorman and laugh and then ask her if she wants to go out on a date....and make sure it's non-traditional....

just remember she's a human not a godess so you should not fear her....most likely she fears you.!!!!

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the best thing you can do is not idolize her. Treat her like any other friend you have. If it is mutual attraction, she'll be your friend and ready to see where things could or will go.

The intimidating thing about the really beautiful ones is that you know (and they know) the stakes are higher as there are always more guys to compete with for them.

You have to let her work for you some too. In my experience and thinking of girls i know, all the really hot ones need passion for a guy they like. When they have it, you're way ahead of the guys they don't have passion for. There are always exception though, but few and far between may i venture to say.