"I do it because I like it"

Vitanoid

Banned
Reaction score
If you eat healthy food, say you like the food. Don't admit it's to be healthy.

If you don't drink, say you don't like drinking. Don't admit it's to be healthy.

If you lift weights, say you like lifting weights. Don't admit it's to build muscle.

If you tan, say you like getting tans. Don't admit it's to look better.

Don't admit to doing something or not doing something just because it's for your own good.

SandHawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uhm, I am not really following you here. Because I honestly say I eat healthy food because I treat my body like a temple: I have only one body, and it will have to last me a life time. The better I take care of it, the better I can enjoy life.

I don't see a reason why I should hide the fact that I like to take care of myself. Same with working out. I like to work out because it makes me feel great, and has the added goodness of toning my body. Lying about your intentions has no point, because you are hiding the essence of your being.

Vitanoid

Banned
Reaction score
Alpha males do not care, they just do what they want.

I noticed generally that the people who care about their health are betas. That includes me.

JJaySBK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitanoid said:

I noticed generally that the people who care about their health are betas. That includes me.

I agree that alpha's do not care.

My ex girlfriend said "You are so mean!"

and how do I respond? As simple and already-knowing as possible.

"I'm a mean person." done.

NOT "I'm mean because...."

I think Mystery or Style or someone, said something about how you should never really have to explain yourself to a woman. It also helps with being mysterious.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitanoid said:

This is the stupidest train of logic I've seen here. Congratulations!

MEN OF SS, NEWSFLASH: It takes no great strength of character, no power of will, no mastery of self, no wellspring of confidence, no spine of steel to become the prevailing definition of "Alpha" on SS. Our definition of the term seems to have devolved into a bum who "just does whatever he wants" and "doesn't care about anything."

Get real guys, in real life your idealized "Alpha" is a big-time loser!

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cut of your **** and with a razor, but just say you like it.

Well, I'm against disciplining yourself like that. It just puts you under a lot of stress. If you don't like eating healthy, learn how to cook the healthy food in such a way that you like it very much. Makes you a lot happier.

And oh yeah, those whole limiting belief stuff with saying positive things to yourself: it's pseudo psychology. Wannabe stuff. Charlatan knowledge.

Reasearch has shown that when people say positive things to themselves while they are in a negative mindset, they get more depressed.

I hate this kind of posts. There are people visiting this site who want to better their life and what do they read? Pseudo scientific bullsh*t like the opening post that drifts them even further away from where they want to be. Dang, this forum is sucking more balls every minute.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Julius_Seizeher said:
This is the stupidest train of logic I've seen here. Congratulations!

MEN OF SS, NEWSFLASH: It takes no great strength of character, no power of will, no mastery of self, no wellspring of confidence, no spine of steel to become the prevailing definition of "Alpha" on SS. Our definition of the term seems to have devolved into a bum who "just does whatever he wants" and "doesn't care about anything."

Get real guys, in real life your idealized "Alpha" is a big-time loser!
You're using logic to manipulate the truth to benefit your own ideas.

Basically, he's right. It does sound a lot cooler to say you like doing it than to be beta about it. Besides, why are you giving straight answers back to sh*t test-like questions?

Why do you have to justify and explain your actions to win approval. Even if it isnt the act of lifting weights because you like it, you come out stronger by giving a short, non caring answer.

Its a small tip. You dont even have to disect it to see why it works. Look at people that act this way and you will see how it works.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vitanoid said:

Fair enough, but following your logic, wouldn't "Alpha" males also not care about what others think about this topic?

I like eating healthy food because I enjoy being healthy. Why do yo want to be healthy? I like it.

However I agree with you on the tanning thing. Some might say it is kind of "unmanly" to tan in order to look pretty... but wouldn't your "Alpha" also not care?

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm the ultimate Alpha, cause I don't even care what I think.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
I think this has more to do with the alpha not needing to "qualify" himself than the alpha actually liking what they do.

Alphas don't care how others interpret their actions.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
You're using logic to manipulate the truth to benefit your own ideas.

Basically, he's right. It does sound a lot cooler to say you like doing it than to be beta about it. Besides, why are you giving straight answers back to sh*t test-like questions?

^^ " .. it does sound a lot cooler to say you like doing it .." is a Beta saying if ever I heard one. In fact that sounds downright feminine , like some some highschool pop psych mush.

Julius said it all. End of story.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This whole "alpha" thing has blown off the roof, it's almost like a following. I don't give a fvck about how alpha or beta I am, If I'm fvcking girls who gives a sh1t, that's why we all came to this site in the first place, not to compare how alpha we are.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
^^ " .. it does sound a lot cooler to say you like doing it .." is a Beta saying if ever I heard one. In fact that sounds downright feminine , like some some highschool pop psych mush.

Julius said it all. End of story.
In what possible way does that sound beta?

Anyone asks me why, il reply with 'because it sounds cool', and i wont be beta in the slightest.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ease said:
In what possible way does that sound beta?

Anyone asks me why, il reply with 'because it sounds cool', and i wont be beta in the slightest.
Not at all, just sounds retarded in all honesty. My own brother thinks this way, "because I want to", "because I like it", "because it sounds cool", and he sounds like a d1ck, no one likes him, he gets beat up everyday, etc. Thinking about how others feel isn't beta; it's sincere and thoughtful. It starts being beta when you start basing your life around what other people think and start sucking up to them. Being nice doesn't mean you won't get pvssy.

SrDedosRapidos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing what you want solely because you like it is probably what got a lot of guys into the situations they are in. What you want to do and what you need to do are not always the same thing. Your attitude seems extremely counter-intuitive. Do you know how someone who says they only do what they like comes off? They come off as full of sh1t. The most un-manly thing you can be is a whim worshiping charlatan, and that's exactly what "I do x because I like it, not because it is beneficial to my life" says to me.

There are two kinds of people that subscribe to your mentality - children and hedonists.

Then again, I am a man. Not a woman. But that's yet another root of the problem; you are implicitly saying you care what a woman thinks.