I do have any friends to hang out with, am i forever alone?

SilverRayleigh

Reaction score
A few years ago i was going through my High School stage. I'm confident that i am not a nerd since i play sports and dont get bullied in school.

During my first grade, i have plenty of friends. Mostly from my sports activity,hockey, and we always hang out and are close. But, when i enter high school, I started to drift apart from them because i did not keep in touch of them as i do not have a mobile phone at that time and moving to another city makes me drift further apart from them.

In high school, I also have friends to hang out with but as soon as i enter college, all of them started to not call me and giving me invites anymore. Not even a text. However all of them are still in contact with each other but left me out which i dont know why. I didnt do anything that could make them hate me, actually i'm a nice person if i do say so myself.

Now, i'm in college, the class i'm in are not the type that loves to hang out. Most of them are gamers who rather sits at home and play games. Only around 4 of them are people who likes to go out and enjoy life. However, they are more to their high school friends and most of the time i'm left with nothing to do but to spend the entire day myself at home. I tried calling them sometimes and most of the time they cant make it but we do hang out if all of us could make it but that happens maybe once a month. I also manage to contact back my first grade friends through facebook, but they too are living their own life now with their friends. Am i going to be alone?

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you'll be alone if you allow yourself to be alone.

In life you have to fight for happiness tooth and nail.

if you don't have the will to fight then shut up.

SilverRayleigh

Reaction score
Burroughs said:
you'll be alone if you allow yourself to be alone.

In life you have to fight for happiness tooth and nail.

if you don't have the will to fight then shut up.
How do i fight? Sorry but i'm still not mature yet and need advice.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One step at a time. Go out for two hours everyday. The library, the gym, the park...embrace your surroundings...make a routine. Talk to people during the course of that routine..be interested in other people...give out energy..lots of it. You will be rewarded.

SilverRayleigh

Reaction score
Burroughs said:
One step at a time. Go out for two hours everyday. The library, the gym, the park...embrace your surroundings...make a routine. Talk to people during the course of that routine..be interested in other people...give out energy..lots of it. You will be rewarded.
I'm gonna try doing that. Thanks!

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're in college it should be easy. Just go out and be. There are literally 20-somethings everywhere you look in any big city or college town. Go to bars or coffee shops. Or the gym and library. Get a job as a waiter or bartender. Nobody parties like 20 something servers and bartenders! Generally they aren't doing anything else important in their lives.

Or use what you already have. Those guys who sit around as gamers just need a kick in the ass to be the kind of people who get out and do things. It's worth a shot to do it.

But now you know why people get into relationships. In your 30s most people disappear into families for a decade or so and if you're alone YOU ARE ALONE. Blaze your path now.

SilverRayleigh

Reaction score
FairShake said:
If you're in college it should be easy. Just go out and be. There are literally 20-somethings everywhere you look in any big city or college town. Go to bars or coffee shops. Or the gym and library. Get a job as a waiter or bartender. Nobody parties like 20 something servers and bartenders! Generally they aren't doing anything else important in their lives.

Or use what you already have. Those guys who sit around as gamers just need a kick in the ass to be the kind of people who get out and do things. It's worth a shot to do it.

But now you know why people get into relationships. In your 30s most people disappear into families for a decade or so and if you're alone YOU ARE ALONE. Blaze your path now.
Does this mean that a person hang out with their friends once in a while but pay more attention to their relationship?