i can't speak properly

ICaughtFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
i can't speak properly
english is my third language and the problem with speaking is that usually i speak too fast, and because i have american influence in me in tend to slur words and my accent is just not poerfect

i can speak perfect english, but whenever i get nervous i get tongue tied and i speak too fast or slurry again

im a naturally funny person and i can think of a neg hit/****y/ funny in most situations pretty quick, im also nice and considerate, and i guess im quite good looking although not the best, so communicating with ladies is one big obstacle for me

guys how can i solve this problem??

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pratice with a tape recorder

If you don't have a tape recorder, use your answering machine. Learn to think before you speak, and take pauses. Also think of words you have trouble with speaking, look them up in the dictionary and practice pronuncation. I believe there are places online or products you can buy if you click on the word, a voice says the word back to you.

Make sure you don't over emphasize anything. You will sound like a robot.

Hope this helps.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ICaughtFire
i can't speak properly
english is my third language and the problem with speaking is that usually i speak too fast, and because i have american influence in me in tend to slur words and my accent is just not poerfect

i can speak perfect english, but whenever i get nervous i get tongue tied and i speak too fast or slurry again

im a naturally funny person and i can think of a neg hit/****y/ funny in most situations pretty quick, im also nice and considerate, and i guess im quite good looking although not the best, so communicating with ladies is one big obstacle for me

guys how can i solve this problem??
Don't worry about it, take your time man. chicks love guys w/ accents. You say you're a naturally funny person, that's great. I've seen foreign guys, who are funny no matter what they say.

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They have classes you can take to improve your speaking skill.