"I Can't Give You My Number, Cos I Don't Know You"

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
textbook dodge

Read my first post sometime (its in my sig). I had the girl say "My parents won't let me"

- comic_relief

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
My 1,300th post!!!

Judge Nismo is on the case. Before we begin, Vatoloco, Comic Relief, and Kailex had really good points here. Remember them.

Clark Kent said:
What does this mean?

I had a really good interaction with this girl yesterday. Considering she was a hot 8. Very well known within the town for her looks, studies Law, well-spoken and sought after, I put my nerves down and approached her. Luckily I knew OF her and approached with a familiarity opener. She smiled, and kept opening int he awkard silence moments.

I notice that she's on a very high pedestal, thus she's got a lot of power to choose. You just had a defective wrecking ball. In other words, you should've used a direct opener and negs.

I thought I had bagged it, we spoke for about 20 minutes. She said that I made her laugh and that was RARE from the guys she usually speaks too. Basically, the whole approach was SOLID.

During them 20 minutes, she's thinking about what sets you apart from the other 993 men who are in her blackberry. Making a girl laugh is good, but overdoing it makes you her court jester while a handsome hunk gets to f**k her. BTW, what a woman says doesn't mean sh*t. Judge by the actions, not the words. If she said that while kissing another guy; bad. If she said that while grabbing your dik in public; good.

When it came down to finishing up, I said We should Network, whats your number?

I'm glad you asked, but I'm not feeling that we should network move. Sounds corny. Google some different ways.

then proceeded with

I DON'T KNOW YOU, I DON'T GIVE MY NUMBER OUT TO PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.

Beyond a reasonable doubt, she's just not that into you. Nor is she attracted to you. You would have gotten if if she was or if you made her feel like she loved you and needs you but can't have you. Like Comic Relief said, textbook dodge. You're on the wrong end of it.

Even after a 20 minute conversation in comfortability, she still said this. So I said, FVCK IT, GIVE ME YOUR FACEBOOK AND I'LL ADD YOU. To take away any misconceptions.

Settling for the booby prize is a bad choice. You're allowing her to run you over. She has control now. You should have just walked away It's even worse you made her the prize. Her pedestal was Gold then you polished it! Oh, hell no! Listen to Kailex for more info.

Its annoying, probably better that way as she would've been a FLAKER if I hd gotten the number, BUT, I have no idea why she wouldn't give it during cold approach where she was comfortable and near enough talking to me like shes known me for years.

Judge by actions. Keep her wanting more. Knock her off the pedestal she's on. She was not attracted to you, that's why you didn't get the #.
Read betw- You are guilty of Settling for Scraps. The fine is blue balls, no date with this woman, and a trip to Lonely Oaks, New Hampshire. The court orders you to shorten your time of interactions (You had a better chance of getting the # in 5 min instead of 20.) and google more ways to ask her out. Find those that make you sound like a stud, not a dud.

Thank you Clark! But your princess is in another castle!

That's my ruling.

Case closed. Have a nice night, I hope not with your hand.

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clark Kent said:
There are guys here with no prior-girlfriends/wifes before they joined or now with over 1,000 posts JUST to comment, without lookig into ACTUAL situations. Just basing it on what THEY, think they know. Always-right-know-it-alls. Can't be asked with em, SS probably has the most guys leaving here because of the KBJ stupidity. Somebody with over 1,000 posts with no current G/F surely can't be in the times? I have no TIME to get into essay wars with Iceberg and bring up tons of tons of ****sh1tted analogies. This place has lost all remnants of what the end-game is. I truelly believe some guys will be here till there death, lonely or just will not come out on top with their goals. Not me.

Just look on Encylopedia Dramatica on So Suave. I'm not moaning or winging, but this place can only help you so much. Good luck. Mods can you please erase my account. Thank You.
Someone need a hug?
You'll stick around, you'll just lurk, but you'll stick around.

Your panties are just all in a bunch because I asked you for scientific evidence and statistical facts for your numbers. Since you couldn't reply with: Oh, Kailex, here are the numbers.

You just went with a classic female response which seemed to include lots of frantic typing and even some CAPS LOCK at the end so I could seem to understand your point even better.

Notice how I didn't entirely discredit your 90% notion, I actually asked for you to show me these statistics. Had you done that, I would have been enlightened that maybe I've been doing it the other way around this whole time. But, you resort to name-calling, finger-pointing simply because we did not give you what YOU came to US for.

BTW, it's not an ego thing. It's a "frame" thing. If you keep trying to get her number and be "persistent" you are only lowering your value TO HER in HER EYES. It's not about how I see myself, it's how about I'm portraying myself to her in HER MIND.

You can't cite the Obama example because you aren't aware of all of the details involved in that case. Was she seeing other guys when he tried the first 12? Was she involved in an LTR? Was he just a scrub in high school? Did she realize he was going places? Was he broke the first 5 times? Even if it WERE just a simple case of him trying and being persistent, it's still a VERY heavy example and a definite outlier from the normal everyday Joe.

And how does having or NOT having a girlfriend qualify or disqualify anyone from "being in the times"? For all you know, any guy could be in an LTR, be a total Beta and his g/f is screwing countless others on the side. What if a person just got out of a relationship a week ago? That means, by YOUR standards, that he can't classify as "being in the times" because he's not CURRENTLY in an LTR.

And I find it increasingly humourous that you post about how guys here won't come out on top of their goals... in a thread you started about not being able to get a phone number.

Clark Kent

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
Someone need a hug?
You'll stick around, you'll just lurk, but you'll stick around.
Do you think this is some sort of sanctuary now? That this the be all and end all of guys problems self-help centre? Why I forgot to take off the damn subscription to this site I don't know. Self-righteous Kaliex, whats new?

Your panties are just all in a bunch because I asked you for scientific evidence and statistical facts for your numbers. Since you couldn't reply with: Oh, Kailex, here are the numbers.
Haha! Are you saying I'm distraught because I didn't provide resources to YOU. What, do you think because you have a few green notches to your name that you're a better man than me? Because thats what it sounds like. Your not that retarded, the evidence is out there. You're just arguing for sake.
14% of men and 11% of women met their current sex partners online—more than bars, parties, and dating services combined.
Its around 80-90% through work relations and mutual friends - Around 10-20% through online.

BTW, it's not an ego thing. It's a "frame" thing. If you keep trying to get her number and be "persistent" you are only lowering your value TO HER in HER EYES. It's not about how I see myself, it's how about I'm portraying myself to her in HER MIND.
So you CARE, what people think? I find it hard to figure out how I in that interaction was begging, do you know what BEGGING is? It is obviously the ego shining through, that I know. What does it matter, you won't see the girl again? Isn't the whole point of a cold approach, trying to warm the girl? How do you do that? Instead of trying to find rationalizations, How do you warm the girl up from a cold approach?

And I find it increasingly humourous that you post about how guys here won't come out on top of their goals... in a thread you started about not being able to get a phone number.
No, its humourous that your not even in the field. Where as, I am. Somebody with over 1,000 posts in the space of this year since joining doesn't scream out to me High Value Male!!!! Unless your job provides you with being ont he internet all day, there is no EXCUSE to have that many posts. So why should I consider your advice sound? Because you have green notches on your username?

Originally Posted by Kailex
I know that as we get older, the dynamic of meeting women at "night-clubs" becomes almost obsolete, so we are left with other venues to meet them at in order to ask them out.

Where or how do you meet new women?
What places seemed to work the best for you, so far?
Yeah so whilst you may find humour in me not getting a number IN-FIELD, the worst type of field at that. I'm rolling in the mud out here, facing fears. Whilst you and many others are hugging the board. Demonstrating basic textbook cold-approaches on the street when I can. So, I must ask. How are you getting dates?

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought you were leaving, but just like a female, you're drawn in for more drama. I'll address a few points, and leave it at that. You DID ask a question at the end of your last rant-filled emotional drivel of a post, so I'll get to that.

(1) My post count and rep are irrelevant. I don't give myself rep. People do. And it's not objective either. That particular person believed that at that point in time, whatever I said was resourceful enough to read and gave me props on it. I fail to see how that is the center of any argument. I never claimed to be more knowledgeable than anyone else based on that. My post count is also irrelevant. I average about 5 posts a day (4.76 to be exact). Some are longer, some are one-liners. Some days I post about 9 times, some days, not at all. But of course, since you have so little to go on, you're going to point the finger at the post count.

Yes, I do have a job that allows me to sit at a desk and post. Go look at my post history and you'll be hard pressed to find posts from me that's not 9 to 6 on a week day. What do you know, that gives me most weekends and week nights to do whatever I want to do in my free time.

(2) I've never shied from posting my own FR, whether they be successes and failures. And if you look long and hard, you'll see I have had a Journal from the first half of the year amongst other reports.

Just because I don't have a "girlfriend", it doesn't mean I am not a high value male in my own eyes. In the end, you'll have your own opinion of what a HVM is, but since you did decide to go look up ONE old post (for the sake of conversation) about places to meet new people, I suggest you go look under my name and look up my history, but of course, that might be too hard for you.

(3) Where do I get my dates from? I've done cold approaches in book stores, the mall, and I've done online dating. I don't do night clubs anymore nor college bars because I've worked in those and I've seen what that world could be like. For a brief while I did try online dating, but MEH. My biggest pull in cold approaching has been bars with professionals in them. I have a lot of success on those whether it be me approaching a person or a group or vice versa. I find plenty of people are a little more open to talking to new people in that kind of a setting.

How do you warm up a cold approach?
You build rapport by using comfort but I never lose a sexual edge to myself with a hint of C&F. I can't say that ALL of my cold approaches are successful, of course, I've had failures. But I can't say that I've gone from asking someone their phone number and being rejected to then switching to another medium through which I could contact them when they blatantly have already told me that they wouldn't talk to me in the first place.

And one last point to address this:

What does it matter, you won't see the girl again?
It's not a guarantee that I won't see her again if it's the local bar down the street where I go every Wednesday to have a drink.

Again, if she said "NO" to a phone number, why would I bother asking again? To be persistent? Persistence can be good, and can be bad. When it's sex, we plow through LMR, but when it's just asking a phone number, we should learn how to read the signs that are right in front of us.

If she's not interested enough to give me a phone number, it's more than likely that she's not interested in having sex with me, no matter how "persistent" I might want to be.

seraphim

Don Juan
Reaction score
This happened to me on my first cold approach this year, In front of a food place with employees and customers watching and about four of her relatives within line of sight.

I thanked her for her time,shook her hand and said "You don't know what you're missing." With a smirk. Then I left.

Me and my friend joked about it after.Doing this whole thing is gonna be about having fun for me primarily, and while persistence could bring in results, it's not too fun begging imo.Under no circumstance I plan to beg or do anything that might display desperation.

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had something similar happen to me a few weeks ago. The girl said something almost exactly the same - "I dont give my number out to people I dont know".

I actually teased her a bit with "playing hard to get already eh? nice". I dont care if that was the right thing to say or not - when she refused the number I already knew it was problably a lost cause.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I met an HB8 that studied law b4.and she was a dime a dozen...everybody tried to seduce her but she ended up going out with me. I first saw her at school and i approached her immediately by asking her for help finding a building, she was going to the same building too so i talked to her on the way and suggested that we help each other study. i called a week later and told her that i was going shopping and asked if she would help me pick out some clothes. she came to my house in a little white skirt and was looking quite lovely i might add. I began putting my arm around her b4 we got to the bus. we shopped for clothes and walked to the park after. when she started talking about the lake i went in for a kiss close, she startled "not in front of everybody!" but changed her mind immediately which had me feeling like I had succeeded. we ended up making out wherever we could, in dark secluded alleyways mostly. when it was getting dark I took her to the club and started fingering her in the club in front of everybody. it was ridiculous. in the taxi too right behind the cab driver i couldn't get off her so I ended up falling too quick and everything collapsed after that. lol. good times though.

i think your problem is that you said that it was for social networking and she probably already had a large network of "social networking"

actionjaxson

Don Juan
Reaction score
i also got "sorry i dont give out my number". the funny thing is shes the one that talked to me first and said i have very pretty eyes.

XMinister

Don Juan
Reaction score
Shi't, I've seen this girl on my block a few times, but when me and my friends went over to this restaurant the other night, I saw her there and she was like "i've seen you somewhere, haven't I?" So I told her where she probably seen me and everything was fine.
At the end of the night I walked up to her and said "Hey, give me your number and lets hang out some time" and she just said "Ummm, I'll just see you on the block" Haha, that was my first approach ever (its not a real approach because she initiated convo first, but first time I asked for number) and it was pretty disappointing to get rejected, but I know I'll get use to it over time, I'll have a lot of those coming my way if I'm ever going to be very successful with women :up:

I felt like I'll share since this threat is on topic. I must admit, that was a clever way she rejected me.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't see nothing wrong with getting her facebook, but I think just getting her email would be better, IF she checks it. See, email is more discreet. You can fly in under the radar and her friends (from facebook) would be none-the-wiser of her little fling. The more secretive you can be with new women, the better. Don't ever kiss and tell. Eventually, through email, you can acquire her #. If she doesn't answer your emails, try again in a few weeks. Always be there for her, in the background, all the while fvcking other girls.

joe henny

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why would it take 20 minutes to ask for a number? Grow some balls! She doesnt like u move on SYMP

Maximus Rex

Banned
Reaction score
Clark Kent said:
What does this mean?

I had a really good interaction with this girl yesterday.
I thought I had bagged it, we spoke for about 20 minutes. She said that I made her laugh and that was RARE from the guys she usually speaks too. Basically, the whole approach was SOLID.

Even after a 20 minute conversation in comfortability, she still said this. So I said, FVCK IT, GIVE ME YOUR FACEBOOK AND I'LL ADD YOU. To take away any misconceptions.

Its annoying, probably better that way as she would've been a FLAKER if I hd gotten the number, BUT, I have no idea why she wouldn't give it during cold approach where she was comfortable and near enough talking to me like shes known me for years.
Obviously something went wrong in your rapport and comfort building. From your interaction you didn't mention any use of kino. Next time use kino and kino escalations. Always remember the intent of a phone number a number is a time bridge used to seeing her again. That's only reason why you settle for a number. If the interaction was going so well it seems like she would of been been down to bounce to another location with you. Next I suggest you bounce her to another location. If she's down to go with you to another location with you, then she'd probably be down to give you her number. I'd also suggest that you introduce jealously plot lines. Remember woman are attracted to other woman that have been pre selected by other women. Good luck.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clark Kent said:
No it wasn't solid it was a failure. She refused to give out the number now did she?

So you had a nice and long 20 minute conversation with a female in hot demand in which you made her feel good, you made her laugh, it was enjoyable. But at the end you came out with nothing but your tail between your legs! So what happened?

What happened was what happens to most guys out there which is THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO TALK TO WOMEN TO ATTRACT THEM! Well guess what brother, she lived through the same experience maybe a few days or maybe a week earlier as another chump hot on her trail gave her a nice and long 20 minute conversation, in which he made her feel good, made her laugh, gave her an enjoyable time.

Do you see where I'm getting at? YOU ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM EVERY OTHER NICE GUY WHO'S BEEN TRYING TO GET IN HER PANTS THAT SHE HAS TALKED TO!

She has been through this same process countless times like every good looking woman who's in demand goes through. You think you're the only guy she's had a good conversation with in the hopes of getting in her pants?

What you need to do is very simple. Stop trying to "connect" with women instead start "disconnecting" with women.

Instead of having nice 20 minute chats with women give them a wild ride they will remember. Instead of trying to make her feel good or trying to make her laugh try giving her a different set of emotions. You'll be new on a long list of guys that have talked to her and tried to make it all seem good in hopes of getting in her pants. What you need to do is be different and unfortunately the way to be different is the way of the jerk.

Instead do the following. Push the envelope talk about risque topics involving sex among other things. Disagree with women, treat them like a kid, neg them, treat them like you don't care about them, call them silly names, state your opinions and be highly opinionated, raise your value not hers.

Instead of being another nice guy give a woman a whole range of emotions that will mess up with her mind. She will be thinking to herself "why is he talking to me like this? Doesn't he know I'm hot property I'm in demand."

Fellas you need to get the thought out of your head that when you talk to a woman you have to have a nice conversation with her. Go follow some jerks around and notice how they talk to women and you will learn much about your mistakes.

At the top of the page you will see a link called "how to be the bad boy women love" which is what I read which changed my whole mentality on talking with women. Try to find it if you can and read it.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Clark Kent said:
What does this mean?

I had a really good interaction with this girl yesterday. Considering she was a hot 8. Very well known within the town for her looks, studies Law, well-spoken and sought after, I put my nerves down and approached her. Luckily I knew OF her and approached with a familiarity opener. She smiled, and kept opening int he awkard silence moments.

When it came down to finishing up, I said We should Network, whats your number? She then proceeded with

I DON'T KNOW YOU, I DON'T GIVE MY NUMBER OUT TO PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW.

You say this girl lives in your town and is "well-known". Chances are you'll run into again at some point, so why even put on the pressure of getting her number? She probably gets asked for her number at least once a day and if there's something we all know it's Don't do what everyone else does. Think out of the box.

What if you just had your pleasant little interaction and left her with a "see ya around". She doesn't get THAT often. What kind of guy would bother to go up and talk to a girl and not expect anything in return? The guy that would leave seeing her again to chance. That is the guy who has enough value to afford that chance. Whether that value be 10 girls waiting on the phone at 1am for his call, or just enough confidence to know everything turns out just the way it supposed to.

Next time you see her (or any other attractive girl you talk to) just enjoy the interaction without expecting anything in return. Be a value giver, not taker.

muscleman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There doesn't need to be this much analysis over something fairly straightforward.

As others have said, she doesn't want to get to know you.

Next time a girl tells you 'I don't give out my number to people I don't know', you can reply with 'and you won't get to', turn around, and walk away.

You can't get them all, no point in wasting time on low/no interest girls.

handle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wasn't feeling it despite everything going right. Oh well, move on. Done.

wataf

Don Juan
Reaction score
If a girl says that to me I always reply with "what is there to know I'm a Scorpio I like long walks on the beach, sunsets and frisky women " with a wink all about your attitude and delivery bra. Edit: oh my bad I'm stoned too didn't look at thread date