I can't dance

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, I really have no rythm and I don't know what to do about it. I'm really good looking so girls always want to drag me onto the dancefloor.

I was at a wedding a month ago and I was dancing with this one girl, thinking I had some sick moves. But when I watched a videotape the other day of my dancing I stuck out like a sore thumb. My feet were moving sideways and I was bending my knees randomly while throwing my hands up in the air. It was pretty bad.... I even tried dancing in front of the mirrow by myself to correct my flaws and it' like when I corrected one thing like swaying my legs then my shoulders would be stiff, then when I corrected that I noticed my rythm had fallen off and I couldn't keep the beat while focusing on this stuff

It gets even worse when I try to dance with a girl, I can't find the right motion to be able to dance in rythm with her. Twice in the past 2 months girls I've gone out with have walked away on me because my dancing was so bad.

I need some advice sosuave.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
You should watch some of those hip hop videos and learn what the top artists do! Practice makes perfect! If you plan on approaching the dance floor, get on it! You'll be better off as opposed to just looking at it (desperate). And when you dance with a girl, let the music move you instead of being random. Go with the flow or I hope you like getting rejected.

Keep this in mind.:up:

Gatorade

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just watch videos of the type of music you would want to learn to dance to and do what they do. Practice and you will be alright.

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You should watch some of those hip hop videos and learn what the top artists do!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...that cracked me up big time. YA good idea just watch some hip hop videos then become a sellout lol.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i cant dance either mate, i get laughed at but i really dont care, in my opinion if you dont care what you like when you dance women find it really sexy

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm probably going to regret saying this, but have you ever seen the movie "Hitch"? Just learn that one move and stay there, if you get more comfortable then slowly expand your repetoire.

From my experience, the quality of your dancing is not nearly as important as just getting out there and that you look like you're having a good time.

Black Minx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Take a class. I know you think I'm joking, but nope.
The ratio of guys to girls is either even or the girls far outweight the guys.
Great way to meet chicks and sort out your dancing skills, not only that but by then you'll be comfortable with dancing and won't think twice about it.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You have no rythm?
Just download common dance music on your ipod and listen to it constantly. It worked for my second dance in high school when i realised i needed help, I just downloaded all the popular rap sh!t of the time a couple weeks before. I was fimiliar with the songs and had the beat down. If you have the beat you will improve with your movements, how you should be moving and how you shouldnt. Its much easier than taking dance lessons.

problem solved