I Called my gf, and it ended with her family all laughing at me

DasaniWater

Banned
Reaction score
HEy guys , well an hour ago or so, my girl friend called, but i didnt hear it, so then i called back, and her step dad picked up the phone and said "Hello?"

I Said : Hi, may i please speak to "Her name".

He said "Shes busy doing homework, wait hold on.

So she picks up the phone.. I say . "Hey"

She *laughs*, and i hear her say "Dad dont be so mean".

OKAY! im like what the ****! what did he say? she wouldnt tell me. but then i basically hear her entire family talking about me in the background and laughing. then i try to talk to her but she sounds too busy, and she then laughs and hangs up. this pisssssssssed me the **** off.

then she calls back, and im like "what do you want??"

and then i ask her "what did your step dad say that was so mean and had your whole family talking about me and laughing??"

it took a few tries, but she finally told me "He said that when you call that you talk all slow, and you take forever to say anything and you sound stupid".

I'm like , "what the hell?? I take 5 seconds to say anything after they say hello? no i dont"

She says " Well they all say you do, and thats three people, so it must be true"

I get so ****in pissed off. i told her to tell her dad to go fck himself, and i hung up.

WEll......... i was really pissed off, im even pissed off at my Girl friend. do you think i have the right? or you think i am being insecure?? i just feel that its very messed up how they were,. and especialy since she didnt even back me up , and she laughed with them. i got so pissed off i feel like ending my relationship with this cvnt, but now not so much.

Anyways, now im afraid to call there house anymore... what should i do??

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah you overreacted dude...

shoulda joked around.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, being the ass of a joke is not generally a good thing... but blowing up the situation is a lot worse ;-)

It sounds like she doesn't have a great deal of respect for you either.

But you still shouldn't have freaked out over it. Clown with it. Either way it'l make you feel better about the whole thing instead of letting it get straight under your skin.

donjuanapprentice01

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, the key is to keep your cool in situations like this. Always be cool.

A good DJ would have said somthing to the effect of: "I talk slow cuz I just know you love my sexy voice" or, if you wanted to bust on her, say "I talk slow because your brain is even slower" (said sarcastically of course)

My biggest problem was not keeping my cool, and taking everything so seriously. Girls who like you will tease on you a bit, may even make fun of you, but if you keep your cool, you show her you are comfortable with yourself.

Reaction score
Or just be like: I talk slow cause I know your daddy likes that. (said in a sexy voice....)

Just kidding!

The above poster got it right on the money.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanapprentice01 said:

A good DJ would have said somthing to the effect of: "I talk slow cuz I just know you love my sexy voice" or, if you wanted to bust on her, say "I talk slow because your brain is even slower" (said sarcastically of course)

My biggest problem was not keeping my cool, and taking everything so seriously. Girls who like you will tease on you a bit, may even make fun of you, but if you keep your cool, you show her you are comfortable with yourself.
You got it right on the money! Good advice man.

RaWBLooD

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ay tawlk to--o s- l-ow ??:crackup:

The_flying_dutchman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you definitely took things a little bit too seriously. From what you've described, it sounds like her dad was just messing around and didn't mean any harm. Just try to keep it cool next time.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you know what i was going to say you did the right thing but i'm the type of dude that don't get mad easily and gets mad only when something is personal for all you know she could have been laughing at david spade so you should have said what's so funny so i can laugh and if she said umm nothing then you should have said i can laugh at myself too but then again she might have been telling your parents your an ******* have a little **** and is needy trust me that what my sister does everyday

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would find something to take the piss out of him for....then do it in front of everyone. Plus whenever i talked to him i would speak......like.......this........really........slow........so........it........would......piss.......him........off.......

You overacted way to much.......If your girl asks what went off....Just say you were having a bad day or something.

Amigu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha you totaly overeacted. The fact that they're taking the piss out of you atleast shows a certain ammount of acceptance on their side. He's her dad even if you aren't that young he'll still see you as a kid and have a joke about you.

I wouldn't try to get him back like some people here advise. Just call back once you've regained your cool but when they pick up the phone talk really super slow so that it's almost comical and they catch on. That way you'll show that although you blew your fuse before you are cool now and aren't to stuck up to take the piss out of yourself a bit. Chances are it will be cool. Say something "Hi uh....like...wow....could...I talk to uh....your daughter...maybe?"

Jeez losen up.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
donjuanapprentice01 said:

I agree too! sounds like you overreacted and showed yourself to be very insecure.

Maybe you should've taken it as constructive criticism and reconsidered the way you speak. Like all criticisms, insults and rejections, they're there to learn from.

Fash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
your fvucking his daughter, WHAT DO YOU CARE???
Exactly! I would have just smiled thinking about the load that I sprayed on his daughter's face the night before! :up:

far from average

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bullsh*t. They weren't joking around with him, they were mocking him behind his back and he caught them. Dasani, you are either a troll or too stupid to live. I would have dumped this girl months ago. I would have asked to speak to the dad and said, "hey, you know what's really funny? That your daughter is f*cking the guy who is too stupid to reply quickly enough to suit your fancy."

I'm comfortable with people hating me though.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
far from average said:
Bullsh*t. They weren't joking around with him, they were mocking him behind his back and he caught them. Dasani, you are either a troll or too stupid to live. I would have dumped this girl months ago. I would have asked to speak to the dad and said, "hey, you know what's really funny? That your daughter is f*cking the guy who is too stupid to reply quickly enough to suit your fancy."

I'm comfortable with people hating me though.

What does this accomplish?

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spider_007 said:
your fvucking his daughter, WHAT DO YOU CARE???
One problem.......STEP Dad

Why would he give a ****?