I always wondered what it would be like to be popular

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing with 'popularity'; it's transient and relative to differing personalities. Social media is perfectly exemplifying where different people get their validation from - the internal or the external world.

I myself was very popular at school, though probably not the most popular. Mostly I was just going about my business, keeping myself to myself, but being polite and friendly when necessary.

Then I move to college and expanded my social circle; where my old school friends didn't so much. All of a sudden, I was one of the most popular guys in town, captain of the sports teams, dating the hottest girls. My old school friends were eventually put out because they thought I'd 'left them behind', though it was usually me making the effort to maintain connections.

Then I moved to the city to go to university, and the same scenario happened. Now I hardly speak to anyone from school nor college. I have a few good friends who I maintain mutual effort with. Otherwise, I'll continue to go out and meet new people as I always have. Some will stay, some won't.

Two things I have noticed:
-People come and go from each others lives, not owing to popularity, lack thereof, like or dislike, but usually just circumstance.
-Some people will appreciate your company up to a point; that being, until they're bored, someone more interesting comes along, or it's just time to go home at the end of the evening.

Being popular and being well-liked are not always the same thing.
Your post really said nothing and sounded more or less like bragging. All I read was "Yeah, I was popular this whole time and it was fun!"

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your post really said nothing and sounded more or less like bragging. All I read was "Yeah, I was popular this whole time and it was fun!"
You asked what it's like to be 'popular'. I explained what happened to me being truly a popular person in the real world, (not just 'getting social media likes'), then losing some of that 'popularity' and living through it.

My friend, I'd rather come across as bragging than have concerns about social media 'popularity'. Your own response to me reeks of jealousy.

Sort yer life out mate. And stop paying attention to social media.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You asked what it's like to be 'popular'. I explained what happened to me being truly a popular person in the real world, (not just 'getting social media likes'), then losing some of that 'popularity' and living through it.

My friend, I'd rather come across as bragging than have concerns about social media 'popularity'. Your own response to me reeks of jealousy.

Sort yer life out mate. And stop paying attention to social media.
The other posts actually explained it. You didn't. Re read your post. I learned nothing from you.

And my social media popularity concern is for career reasons ONLY. In the entertainment it is a necessary evil. So I actually have to get good at it and care about it a little even though I don't want to.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The other posts actually explained it. You didn't. Re read your post. I learned nothing from you.

And my social media popularity concern is for career reasons ONLY. In the entertainment it is a necessary evil. So I actually have to get good at it and care about it a little even though I don't want to.
Maybe if you want to get good at social media, you need to learn to read between the lines of other people's material, rather than having everything spelled out for you, 123, abc-style. If you re-read my post, maybe several times over, you might see that I tried to be encouraging to you, obscurely as it may seem, but frankly you're being a bit of an a$$hole about it. Maybe I'm using too many long words....

If this is what you're like on anonymous site, I dread to think what you're like in social media world. Online manner is tantamount telephone manner these days. Not everyone is going to package things up in a nice little bow for you to read, so sort you're fcking attitude out. I've seen your other pathetic threads about giving up on dating and all that sad-sack bollox.

Quite honestly with this kind of attitude, I'd chose another career path out of the public domain if I were you.

Also, if you're in entertainment, the very best entertainers are popular offline before they even consider a presence online. Sounds to me like you're going about it backwards. Unscramble that concept in your narrow digital world view, if you can.

No offense intended, like. Just trying to deliver some tough love. All the best.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe if you want to get good at social media, you need to learn to read between the lines of other people's material, rather than having everything spelled out for you, 123, abc-style. If you re-read my post, maybe several times over, you might see that I tried to be encouraging to you, obscurely as it may seem, but frankly you're being a bit of an a$$hole about it. Maybe I'm using too many long words....

If this is what you're like on anonymous site, I dread to think what you're like in social media world. Online manner is tantamount telephone manner these days. Not everyone is going to package things up in a nice little bow for you to read, so sort you're fcking attitude out. I've seen your other pathetic threads about giving up on dating and all that sad-sack bollox.

Quite honestly with this kind of attitude, I'd chose another career path out of the public domain if I were you.

Also, if you're in entertainment, the very best entertainers are popular offline before they even consider a presence online. Sounds to me like you're going about it backwards. Unscramble that concept in your narrow digital world view, if you can.

No offense intended, like. Just trying to deliver some tough love. All the best.
*Digital slap on the face."

You sir, are a moron. Don't tell me how to read social media. This is what your post was. You listed your experience and then at the ended you added something to sound encouraging. You may have not been trying to brag. But what you wrote had 0 effort. I am a writer so shut the fvck up about "reading between the lines" you half twit. You are just a sh!tty writer. That's all there is to it.

And is that comment supposed to hurt my feelings you little b!tch? I'm a lone wolf, I don't give a fvck about how I am in the "social world."

You aren't in the entertainment industry so you know sh!t so why would I listen to you?

My guess is that you live a pretty sh!tty life. You peaked in college and now you work a job that you don't like and you can't get a woman that you want. So you come on here to feel good about yourself. Pathetic. Own who you are. You are just some washed up white guy that hates himself. Step off that ledge my friend, you could cut ties with all the lies that you've been living in.

Whew, that was fun. I haven't lashed out to someone like that in a while. I try not to. But damn, you deserved it.

Last edited:

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whew, that was fun. I haven't lashed out to someone like that in a while. I try not to. But damn, you deserved it.
I'm glad to be of some service. Maybe now you can get 'back to dating' like the rest of the bigger boys. Take care.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm glad to be of some service. Maybe now you can get 'back to dating' like the rest of the bigger boys. Take care.
LOL. You can't be serious. I rather have my career than a successful dating life. I'm not really worried about that. Priorities.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pfft....the sad sack, self proclaimed lone wolf wants to be an entertainer of other people, and posts about not wanting to date, on a site dominated by threads about dating women. And I'm apparently the one living a lie...? Cool man. Whatever you believe. You're clearly frustrated on many different levels and I hope you get through it sooner rather than later. I tried to help, albeit in a non-fluffy, non-appeasing manner, suchis my way,and you've taken it completely the wrong way.

Now you just want to win a stupid argument on the internet, because it's obviously the only online attention you're getting today, to make yourself feel better for 5minutes. OK, you win. As I say, take care and good luck.

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pfft....the sad sack, self proclaimed lone wolf wants to be an entertainer of other people, and posts about not wanting to date, on a site dominated by threads about dating women. And I'm apparently the one living a lie...? Cool man. Whatever you believe. You're clearly frustrated on many different levels and I hope you get through it sooner rather than later. I tried to help, albeit in a non-fluffy, non-appeasing manner, suchis my way,and you've taken it completely the wrong way.

Now you just want to win a stupid argument on the internet, because it's obviously the only online attention you're getting today, to make yourself feel better for 5minutes. OK, you win. As I say, take care and good luck.
Hmm. I got some time to kill before I am off for the day so I'll bite.

I don't want to be an entertainer of other people. Yes I have gifts that I am going to share with the world. But it's a sense of duty, not because I want to. I am in this for myself, my family, my friends, and people who think like me. Nothing more or nothing less.

Just because I don't want to live my life like YOU doesn't make me a sad sack. Though I am a self proclaimed lone wolf. Why? Because these are cards that I've been dealt. So unlike you I will own it and do what I can do.

LOL, online attention. Does it matter? BTW this isn't the online site that I am.

I hope you get better, you are pathetic. But this was fun.

Last edited: