Humor makes up a huge % of being successful with women

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think? I've been thinking about it and it seems that, humor plays a big part of being successfuly with women. Like 80% it seems. Share you experience

BBX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much tho makes you look like an idiot. The perfect amount is more like 50-60%. I agree, you can't be serious at all to get any attention and it sucks.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there's no correct percentage. Everybody likes humor. its just a matter of like what BBX said, too much makes you look like an idiot.

If you can use humor and mix it in a charismatic / charming way, I think that will go along way. Just don't be the 'funny man' . Because nobody takes guys like that serious.y.

Thomas94305

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sit and think of the function of humor during the attraction process.

If you're able to pull off a completely orignal and witty line from time to time, people will see you as creative, smart. That's DHV without bragging. I've asked women what most turns them off about men when men first approach. A lot of women say bragging. We need ways to demonstrate value without having to point it out by bragging.

A second issue is to deflate a bad tension. Women are uptight about men "hitting on them". From what I can tell, that means they just don't like a guy pushing them faster or farther than they want. Most of us have had some girl "hitting on us", if we use the same definition of that phrase. It sucks, it feels creepy. Humor deflates that. Guys with a good sense of humor aren't viewed as pushy. Women are also uptight about men just playing games, that the men are not genuinely interested in the woman, that they just want quick sex, without respecting her. Women use tests in an attempt to expose this. Without denying your sexuality, humor makes you three dimensional. You aren't just killing time with her until she'll disrobe. You are honestly enjoying the moment with her. So, we have the tension of guys being too serious when they "hit on her", and guys not being serious enough by just going for a piece of a$$. Humor deflates this. You're a person, she can relax.

If you agree with this model, it points to how much humor is useful. You're showing value by being witty, creative. Peppering jokes is enough to make that point. Being a clown says you aren't being socially aware of showing interest in others, making connections, etc. Peppering also deflates the bad sexual tensions, her objections. But too much, well, you don't hear much of women having fantasies about Bozo.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually...
I've come to the conclusion that humor is a feeling of superiority.
Most kinds of humor stem from a feeling of superiority. If you read some books on humor, you'll probably find the same bit of information.

The trick you need to learn with humor, is that you need to feel superior over the right things.
Acting like a clown, will make her feel superior to you.
Making fun of other things, makes you both feel superior over something.
If you make fun of her you're feeling superior over her, and she'll know it and very likely like it.

However, humor needs to be dosed properly, because it can easily become overkill and can in fact become tiresome after a while.

There are also other factors within humor that you must master, to make it comes across right.
Intonation, facial expression, body language, mental state and much more...
Done wrong, it can make you a clown.
Done right, it can make you the man of their dreams.

In short...
Used right, humor is a very powerfool tool.
Used wrong, humor can be a someone's greatest downfall.

penguin

Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to use the right kind.

Dry humour comes naturally to me.

Most women however like "knock knock" safe kind of humour, which i'm really not a fan of. So I need to meet someone who is a little different in order to be funny, whereas normally I need to deal with "huh? what do you mean?"

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I-am-someone, amusement is the reaction you get when you contemplate an absurd difference between what is and what should be. (This is why animals, perhaps with the exception of some apes, lack humor, as they can only register what is, right now, without contemplating a comparison with what should be. So they won't think that anything is dorky or weird, or just plain hilarious.)

It is true that humor plays a big part when picking up the ladies; only the intelligent guy will be able to analyze the world correctly, and only the fast-thinking guy will be able to come up with a way to schew what is, to create a funny comparison.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women dig guys who make them feel good (no duh). Guess what? Humor is one way to make a woman feel good (at least while dressed). Whatever you do that she enjoys will do you well if she is attracted to you.

Blackdragon5095

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends and depends. I used to use joke openers but they just make the girl laugh and don't get her talking. What I do is I open them with whatever opener and while talking to her I put in a joke. I be funny and seriously depending on her mood and situation.

I agree too much humor can make you come off as an idoit.

manbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard somewhere the best type of humor used on chicks is to make them feel better and destract them from what ails them. so rather than having a pity party with them like AFCs when they whine, make them laugh so they associate you with happy feelings.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Otter, that is just one type of humor called incongruency. There's loads, but in the end it all comes down to a feeling of superiority.

I was too wasted last night, so I forgot that I can't summarize an entire book about humor in that few sentences. Buy a book about it, and you'll see what I mean.

What I'm talking about, probably also has a lot to do with ****y/funny.

MyWay

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am someone...you sound like someone who read "comedy writing secrets" ;)

JesterX

Don Juan
Reaction score
penguin said:
You need to use the right kind.

Dry humour comes naturally to me.

Most women however like "knock knock" safe kind of humour, which i'm really not a fan of. So I need to meet someone who is a little different in order to be funny, whereas normally I need to deal with "huh? what do you mean?"

yeah im the same with the dry humor and not alot of people get it mainly the girls though. whats with it? i guess its not as obvious and you actually have to think about it dunno.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's more about fun than humour. You don't have to be a witty guy to get women, but you need to be able to keep things light and make her enjoy being with you.

I've struck up many relationships through deep and serious conversations. The point was, they enjoyed the discussion, sharing their opinions and had fun in my company.

It works in reverse too though. I remember going on a date with a HB9.5. She was so hot, but she took herself way too seriously, moaned a lot and was just a misery to be with. The date felt like a chore so I never called her again.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jariel and MyWay... you're both right ;)

As for Comedy Writing Secrets, that book is worth ten times it's money. I made an advertisement using the tools that book gave me, and it was a huge success.
It also made it pretty easy for me to master humor, instead of having to rely on getting "humorous insights" every now and then.

Jariel, you're absolutely right about that. You can't get success with women with just humor, it's a variety of things that make them enjoy your company.

MyWay

Don Juan
Reaction score
-delete-

Last edited:

Friendly Otter

Don Juan
Reaction score
I-am-someone said:
Otter, that is just one type of humor called incongruency. There's loads, but in the end it all comes down to a feeling of superiority.
And what are the other types then?