Human race will 'split into two different species'

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So something worse than the world in Gattaca may come about?

Damn.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL
Men will have symmetrical facial features, deeper voices and bigger penises, according to Curry in a report commissioned for men's satellite TV channel Bravo.

Women will all have glossy hair, smooth hairless skin, large eyes and pert breasts, according to Curry.
I want to be a two foot tall "Goblin" with a 10 inch c*ck.

Deep Dish

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oliver Curry is a respectable scientist and was featured in the Richard Dawkins’ documentary The Root of All Evil? when the subject of biological altruism arose. However, I would think that to say Curry’s prediction is “alarming,” in words of the journalist Niall Firth, is a bit alarmist. It’s an intriguing perspective but is too speculative. Evolutionary biology only has things to say about the past and can say nothing about how a species will evolve in the future.

Dawkins and I think Stephen Jay Gould have both held the view that there is nothing in evolutionary theory which holds that a species must continue evolving (which is one reason among two why it’s not called the “law” of evolution). Dawkins, certainly, is on the record as stating he doesn’t think humans will evolve further in any significant capacity. The only thing we can say with enough certainty is wisdom teeth probably will be gone relatively soon, and we are on our evolutionary way towards being uni-racial.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this article a joke? As human beings, we can't even accurately predict our own environment (like the weather). How in the world would we be able to predict our own evolution?

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've read this theory debunked. Something to do with the fact that people will always 'cross-breed' and not split into different races. Makes sense.

Also The Daily Mail is trash.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Falcon said:
Is this article a joke?
Exactly my thoughts. This Economics professor can measure the rate at which looks are changing? And he concludes that a lack of disease results in a "child-like appearance"?

This goes into the junk heap with Psychology professors and their "evolutionary psychology" theories. Please leave science to real scientists, not social 'scientists'.

Reaction score
That is Techno propaganda - we have two species already - the good and evil!!

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole "we'll all be one race someday" thing is horsecrap too. If nothing else the founder effect will prevent it.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
we will soon be segregated. only, I don't think it'll be into the "Haves" and "Have-nots", but the "Squats" and "Squat-nots".

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if this were true then why are there so many ugly people in the world today.

if i were to predict anything of the future i'd predict that the haves and the have nots will continue to grow and that at some point we'll have all the uber rich dudes buying up all the hot chics - it will be back to the old days where kings had like 100 wives.

i think we're probably 10-15 years away from some rich dude in america going "you know, screw your laws on poligamy. im marrying 10 hot chics and you can go f*ck yourself if you don't like it."

the break down of the nuclear family and traditional social norms is going to lead to this very soon.

heck, hef is already living this lifestyle. but i think its going to become more and more common - with rich dudes scooping up multiple women.

the harder it gets to 'get by', the more people with money will have power to do whatever the hell they want. and by money im not talking a million bucks. im talking the folks who have 50M+

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
i think we're probably 10-15 years away from some rich dude in america going "you know, screw your laws on poligamy. im marrying 10 hot chics and you can go f*ck yourself if you don't like it."

I think you're behind the news. Ever hear of a guy named Hugh Hefner? He didn't marry them (why would he want THAT!) but same same thing.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
The whole "we'll all be one race someday" thing is horsecrap too. If nothing else the founder effect will prevent it.
I agree with you here.

Humans evolved into the separate races that we are now. There are blacks, Asians, Whites, Indians, Arabs and other tribal races because humans have developed into them because it was needed, so that the people can live where they do. There are reasons for the different skin colors, eye shapes, muscle structures and hair types.

There will not be a single race as long as humanity is spread across this planet in its many different areas. The only way there will be one race is if everybody and I mean all of humanity lived on the same continent for thousands of years. Then maybe we will all become the same race.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
I agree with you here.

Humans evolved into the separate races that we are now.
There is only one race right now: Its the human race. What you are refering too is ethnic background and our DNA is 100% the same, that is why we can have babies with each other. Compare that with an Chimpenze and our DNA is 99% similar but the variation is big enough that we can't have offspring's together.

Look at Neanderthal Man (modern humans did not evolve from Neanderthal man and please don't bring God into this) that is a dead end species. However did Nean' die off because Homo Sepian killed it or does it hold true that recent reaserch show that the two species interbred?! If that is the case then modern man can also split into other groups in a 100,000 years time but that is all speculation. We don't even know what the future will hold or even guess if we will be around for that long.

bigjohnson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
.... our DNA is 100% the same....

ROFL. OK, I know what you mean but you might want to qualify that a little better dude. *Pictures a world of clones*

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
There is only one race right now: Its the human race. What you are refering too is ethnic background and our DNA is 100% the same, that is why we can have babies with each other. Compare that with an Chimpenze and our DNA is 99% similar but the variation is big enough that we can't have offspring's together.

Look at Neanderthal Man (modern humans did not evolve from Neanderthal man and please don't bring God into this) that is a dead end species. However did Nean' die off because Homo Sepian killed it or does it hold true that recent reaserch show that the two species interbred?! If that is the case then modern man can also split into other groups in a 100,000 years time but that is all speculation. We don't even know what the future will hold or even guess if we will be around for that long.
Cromagnon people killed off Neanderthals.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bigjohnson said:
I think you're behind the news. Ever hear of a guy named Hugh Hefner? He didn't marry them (why would he want THAT!) but same same thing.
thats why i said 'heck hef is already living the lifestyle' :)

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok race is the wrong term, I should have used the word "breed." Just how there are different breeds of dogs each one is capable of reproducing with each other. If the thing fits in the hole any dog can have puppies with another. I'd love to see a Chihuahua - Great Dane mix :crazy: We are the same, there are different breeds of human. Our DNA isn't 100% the same but it's pretty darn close.