Hugging? AFC OR DJ?

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what youve never layed on ur bed and hugged your girl?
Yeah, of course, but after sex. Get the picture? It's the context. If you're hugging her after being out for a night, this is just gay. Kiss her on the lips after a date.

I've had much experience with women, but knowledge is power, being a man is power. Anything i can get in terms of knowledge to help me attract the woman i want, am all for it. It's not manipulation as i don't play games, but learn about relationships in general. It helps me be a better man, because i am more understanding and know things to do to keep the zest of the relationship alive, not only by giving but taking too.

green69

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't we all just do whatever the hell we want without labelling it DJ, or AFC etc? Just the fact that you are asking the question "Is hugging girls AFC?" makes you an AFC yourself, so the answer is pointless. And yes I know I am being a hypocrite by calling the people asking these questions AFC's.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it was neither AFC or DJ, to be honest. Do it if you want, don't do it if you don't want.

But in some situations it can be used to your advantage. Best example I've ever seen is a mate of mine running into a girl he knew, who was with a friend. He walked up to the friend, hugged her and walked off without even saying hi. He ended up with a date out of it. So don't be too quick to knock it before you have tried it.

It can also be used as a display of confidence on occasion - an AFC would NOT hug an attractive girl. A homo would, but girls don't go on dates with homos - so if you are on a date, it can be safe to use it when appropriate (I'd say when you meet her, not halfway through the date!).

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hug Rules (by Me) according to American standards. Dunno about other countries, but then again SoSuave is USA- fck the rest cause they'll mess up MY and OTHER systems.

Friendszone (meant to be intimate) Hug:

1. She hugs you face to face, but her lower body is leaning away from you.

2. She hugs you face to face, and she pats you on the back.

3. She gives you one arm hug.

Romance Hug:

1. She gives you a tight hug from the back.

2. She gives you a tight hug from the side.

See the difference? , the face to face one is basically "Hey there" while the romance one is "Hello there baby." These rules do not apply if you are the male giving the hug, Real men do not give hugs unless of great importance such as a death in family or winning the championships. Dunno what the other f@gs are saying in this thread.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye, ye. 007 and Monk are right on.

A hello or goodbye hug among friends is normal - doesn't mean a thing. Even chicks who don't really like you much will hug you: why? Coz it's a normal thing to do now. :)

And hugging before sex? What on earth was that about? Eish, you people need some more constructive stuff to worry about.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i agree with DonJuanMonk

NOW SOME OF YOU MAY BE DESPERATE TO TOUCH A WOMAN

and hugging is as close as you are ever gunna get LOL

to me i see alot of chicks running around hugging everyone

to me thats a f*cking insult when they try that sh*t with me

and when i reject their hugs

THEY LOOK AT ME DIFFERENTLY ( i am the prize )

now i will explain

when the chicks in the group they hug mike then hug joe

now they wanna hug me

obviously the hug means NOTHING its to make THEM feel better

all you people who say you need chicks to hug you in the streets to make you feel all warm and fuzzy

stop right now get off the internet and call you mother

get her to remind you how much she loves you and how her " special hugs " make you feel like you are worth something is this dark and lonely world

now if i am alone with some chick and she asks if she can hug me

OFCOURSE I LET HER

she wants to get damn close to me cause she is feeling me

ITS REAL

none of these fake hollywood hugs that attention wh0res feed to AFCs :D

and to the people that are a bit slow

OFCOURSE YOU CAN HUG YOUR GIRLFRIEND

during sex.... lol

maybe after sex if she nags you....

:p

but other than that i agree with what DonJuanMonk

especially this $hit " She hugs you face to face, but her lower body is leaning away from you "

now the last thing you want when you running game is b*tches dissin' you

that hug is an hug for AFCs

it is ******** for I DONT THINK YOU ARE MATE MATERIAL

the b*tch is advertising that you in her friend zone to every other chick in the area

is that bad ?

ofcourse it is ! you want good social proofing not chicks painting you with a neon sign that says FRIEND ZONE cause other chicks see that and their brain thinks

HE MUST NOT BE ALPHA CAUSE BETTY SAYS SO ( her hug )

chicks want competition they want something that is in demand

chick wants to hug you and rub her body up against you

sure we can allow that because it sets a good example for the other ladies in eyesight to follow

Lost In Translation :D

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

BuccGuy

Reaction score
My 'friend' at work hugs all the guys but me. That actually gives me confidence, it shows that I'm special to her. If I was just one of the guys I'd get a hug too.

Plus she makes enormous eye contact, touching and laughs like an idiot at all my jokes. But don't over analyze hugs or anything...women seem able to change directions on a dime.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only AFC thing about it is worrying about what other people think. If you want to hug women, do it. If you don't, then don't! It's more DJ not to care!

However, generally being tactile with people and hugging friends is probably a good thing as it helps break down social barriers and fear of getting close/intimate with people.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DonJuanMonk
Friendszone (meant to be intimate) Hug:

1. She hugs you face to face, but her lower body is leaning away from you.

2. She hugs you face to face, and she pats you on the back.

3. She gives you one arm hug.

lol This is so true. I like to add my 2 cents of the reasons behind those hugs that DJM mentioned above.

1. Lower Body leaning away from you because she doesn't want her sexual organ (her vagina) align with yours , its a subconscious act. If a woman really likes you then the hug should almost be like you are having intercourse but with your cloths on. Her breasts should be pressed against your chest and both your private sexual organs should be aligned or pressed against each other.

2. A Pat on the back means in womenese terms: "Ok you are hugging me way to long or to tight, I think you had enough because I sure did, now stop it". If you didn't get that, it also means she doesn't really like you.

3. The one arm hug is the insults of hugs. She doesn't really want to hug you but for some reason feels obligated to.

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok hugging a girl more will NEVER help you but not knowing when to hug will hurt you.

The first part is demonstrated by a guy at my former work place. He would greet the girls there with hugs. All the time! This is as close he will come to getting these girls so he takes what he can get. A lotta guys fall into this "desperate for female contact" catagory. I never initiate a hug at the same work place (unless apporiate) but the girl who was interested in me showed it.

Now the second part is that when you start to know a girl who your interested in, you should hug her when apporiate. Like for example everytime you see her for the first time and when saying goodbye. If you dont you may come off as shy, insecure and not comfeterable with yourself.

"1. She hugs you face to face, but her lower body is leaning away from you. "

Lost in translation this doesnt ALWAYS mean that she thinks your an afc or w/e. If you've only known a girl a little while or you just got her number then this is what you should expect, unless she alreadly has in mind that she wants to **** you then this is what you get.

But after you've flirted together and showed interest and your still getting this then your in the firendzone.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by griffon65

Now the second part is that when you start to know a girl who your interested in, you should hug her when apporiate. Like for example everytime you see her for the first time and when saying goodbye. If you dont you may come off as shy, insecure and not comfeterable with yourself.
I disagree. Hugging a girl you are in a relationship EVERYTIME you see her and when saying goodbye will make you look insecure, predictable, needy and a wuss.

Hugs are like compliments you overdo it and it loses all meaning. Use it sparingly especially when she does something good that pleases you (like after GOOD sex lol).

rapsta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man what the fvck is wrong with hugging? Last night I was with a friend of mine, a girl friend. Lately I've been in alot of fights. Yesterday I got a few stiches in the back of my head for being hit with a metal pipe.
So this girl friend called me and we we're outside just chilling and talking. She showed me alot of love. Hugged me all the damn time. And u know what? No I'm not gay and Yes I've had alot of sex in my life. But It felt DAMN GOOD

griffon65

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
I disagree. Hugging a girl you are in a relationship EVERYTIME you see her and when saying goodbye will make you look insecure, predictable, needy and a wuss.

Hugs are like compliments you overdo it and it loses all meaning. Use it sparingly especially when she does something good that pleases you (like after GOOD sex lol).
That was a quick example I didnt really mean EVERYTIME, I meant when apporiate. I went on a date with this girl a couple of weeks ago and didnt hug her at all. Cuz it wasnt the right situation. Then I saw her again this friday and hugged her twice, cuz it was the right situation.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tmpgstx

Girls don't hug guys they're attracted to, unless they're already a boyfriend and they won't see them for awhile (say going on a trip), and will be followed by kisses.

errr my gf will randomly walk up to me and just hug me for the sake of hugging me.

she also turns around while walking through the mall, points at my crotch, and says "that's fun" but that's beside the point. :D

--

As for the original poster's question:

Initiate the hug with girls and then be like "ew what do you think you're doing" or "what?! you haven't earned that priviledge yet" and act like they're the ones who initiated it and push them away. So you'll get to have their breasteses rubbed against you and be ****y/funny at the same time. 'tis what i do.

sparky1981

Don Juan
Reaction score
It seems like the guy was originally worried about if it would lead to romance or not. Well they can. But be aware that a girl may do if she don't want to jump straight in. This is not unsual if she has been hurt b4 and u r her first since. She will prob kiss next time. And hugs do mean that a girl want to be close to u. its not that hard to work out

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't be a Cuddle B!tch. I recommend reading up on that term from that intellectual wh@res website.

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hugging takes on different forms.

hugging with queer smile on your face(makes you queer to all that know about the queer smile)

hugging with a good rub or pat(makes you basically a friend)

hug with a hold just a second too long(makes them wonder if you are needy or if they hugged too long... tough call)

hug with manliness(theres manly fatherliness thats it)

hug with sexuality(neck nuzzle is basic... not an opener though)

hug with different range of emotions (just think about it, hugging is contectual, as are words, learn the emotion and learn how a hug in certain situations fit)

Don't just write a hug into the formula for nothing

salsipuedes

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am all for hugs, and i dont care what kind are they, hugs are like touching a womans leg, or touching her hair, if done properly they can project sexuality and masculinity, off course your not going to hug a girl like she was your grandmother.

solo1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One time i met up some old friends from h.s., and this particular one i was very cool with in the past, i gave her a hug.

But she seemed to have been weirded out somehow the next time i spoke to her.

Anyway i think hugs are just as appropriate as handshakes, like a greeting. Nothing wrong with it. Nothing AFC or DJ about it either, you're just being friendly. If you feel like hugging then hug, if not then dont.

Also it appears that people whom are more closed off, or less social appear less likely to use hugs/pat someone on the back or shoulder. Like the ones who are mentally immature. I have some friends who are still like that.