How to walk away after getting rejected in a nightclub?

Aceking1

Reaction score
Let's say if you straight up ask a girl on the dancefloor to dance with you at a nightclub and she says no or makes up some excuse like she has to dance with her friend. What do you do or how do you move away from that spot. Everytime this happens I just get awkward and try moving away from her as fast as I can without making eye contact with her or anyone that saw me getting rejected. Any tips on how to avoid that awkward situation for me and her?

WorkHardPlayHard

Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is easy to say, but hard to execute: you gotta be cool/icy in an intriguing way. Women get approached non-stop. She weeded you out by ****-testing you with an excuse. What did you do? You showed cowardice. Why would a woman ever be interested in a guy who breaks eye contact and shuffles away?

Think about the **** test. Think about what a girl in her position wants you to do. She wants a guy to be unfazed. She wants a guy who can smirk and shrug it off. Don't be malicious. Don't be mad. Be indifferent. Be a guy who has options. Be a guy who can be fun and playful in the face of rejection.

Why? You look like a man who can go replace her. Women like that.

If you're good-looking, you'll rarely have this issue because: a.) you're good looking and this probably wouldn't happen as often, b.) you're conditioned to know you have other options.

If you're ugly, you better be quick-witted, be experienced, have nerves of steel, and be charismatic. If you're good looking, confident, and quick-witted, the world is yours. If you're ugly, get damn good at the other ones.

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares. She will forget about in 10 seconds and you will never see her again.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Asking someone to dance ON the dance floor rarely works unless you are VERY good looking. As a general rule, I don't recommend it.

A much better way is to meet her off of the dance floor first. Chat with a chick near the bar area or some other part of the club. Talk (to the extent possible in such a loud place lol) and drink with her for a bit. Then lead her onto the dance floor.

Poon King

Banned
Reaction score
Nightclubs are the worst place to pick up women. Especially on weekends (this pretty much goes for all nightlife outside of house parties). Women are more receptive on weekdays to being picked up than on weekends.

But clubs are usually a sausage fest and full of thirsty, drooling betas looking for sex. Women are fully aware of this and most go just for the attention, free alcohol and ego boost.

Most women don't go to clubs to meet men. Some will go there to get laid, BUT just like in real life.. they will seek out the most attractive man available. If it ain't you, then you're probably wasting your time.

If you're passionate about club game.. then you need to go to the same club every weekend and get to know the management, regulars and even owners. This will lead to special connections, VIP crap, free parties and other perks which will attract mooching skanks to you easier.

But women are not important enough to do this much work. There are much easier and more efficient ways to attract hotties.

Aceking1

Reaction score
WorkHardPlayHard said:
The answer is easy to say, but hard to execute: you gotta be cool/icy in an intriguing way. Women get approached non-stop. She weeded you out by ****-testing you with an excuse. What did you do? You showed cowardice. Why would a woman ever be interested in a guy who breaks eye contact and shuffles away?

Think about the **** test. Think about what a girl in her position wants you to do. She wants a guy to be unfazed. She wants a guy who can smirk and shrug it off. Don't be malicious. Don't be mad. Be indifferent. Be a guy who has options. Be a guy who can be fun and playful in the face of rejection.

Why? You look like a man who can go replace her. Women like that.

If you're good-looking, you'll rarely have this issue because: a.) you're good looking and this probably wouldn't happen as often, b.) you're conditioned to know you have other options.

If you're ugly, you better be quick-witted, be experienced, have nerves of steel, and be charismatic. If you're good looking, confident, and quick-witted, the world is yours. If you're ugly, get damn good at the other ones.
So you're saying that even after she says no try again with a witty comeback? I have actually never even thought of doing that because I feel I'm not really approaching them, I'm just asking a question with a yes/no answer. And if its a no I have to leave quickly.

Aceking1

Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Asking someone to dance ON the dance floor rarely works unless you are VERY good looking. As a general rule, I don't recommend it.

A much better way is to meet her off of the dance floor first. Chat with a chick near the bar area or some other part of the club. Talk (to the extent possible in such a loud place lol) and drink with her for a bit. Then lead her onto the dance floor.
I agree with you but the problem is that I'm trying sober game so can't really drink with a girl. That would just defeat the purpose. If i start on the dance floor its easier to avoid the bar or drinking.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine once approached 2 girls at a night club and he asked one of them:

Him: "Do you want to dance?"
Girl A: "No."
Him: (Turning to her friend) "Do YOU want to dance?"
Girl B: "I don't want to be second choice."
Him: "How about third?"

The moral is, you should care so little it doesn't phase you. Using words like "rejection" and "walk away" apply more to relationships than chance encounters. Women you don't know can't reject you, they can only decline your invitation or avoid you to begin with.

I hate night clubs myself and never once scored there. Unless a woman drags you on the dance floor, it's feminine to try to dance anyway. When the music is so loud you can't talk, and it becomes purely physical, the types of women who enjoy that environment make strippers seem wholesome.

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You just chuckle and walk off to either continue chatting with friends or open another target. Do not give club strangers any "interaction value"

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clubs are trash and highly overrated. Last time I got invited to a club for a friends birthday, you know what I did? I sat there making fun of people walking by to myself. What a good ole time I had. If it wasn't my guys birthday I would not have went. And you will be surprised how most women look when the lights hit them in the face....jesus.

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
Poon King said:
Nightclubs are the worst place to pick up women. Especially on weekends (this pretty much goes for all nightlife outside of house parties). Women are more receptive on weekdays to being picked up than on weekends.
Not true. I have never had a problem picking up girls in clubs. Interested girls are always receptive no matter what day. Guys who bash clubs are angry they can not pick up girls there.

Poon King said:
But clubs are usually a sausage fest and full of thirsty, drooling betas looking for sex. Women are fully aware of this and most go just for the attention, free alcohol and ego boost.
Poon King said:
I want to smash and beta buck game is the fastest/easiest way.
Just like you are when you buy women free alcohol with beta bucks boosting their ego.

Poon King said:
Most women don't go to clubs to meet men. Some will go there to get laid, BUT just like in real life.. they will seek out the most attractive man available. If it ain't you, then you're probably wasting your time.
This why you say clubs are the worst place to pick up girls.

Poon King said:
If you're passionate about club game.. then you need to go to the same club every weekend and get to know the management, regulars and even owners. This will lead to special connections, VIP crap, free parties and other perks which will attract mooching skanks to you easier.
Beta bucks game for losers who can not get women on their own.

Poon King said:
But women are not important enough to do this much work. There are much easier and more efficient ways to attract hotties.
You are a liar. You use the bartenders to help you get women free drinks at the bars you beta buck at. You pay them big tips to give women free alcohol for you beta buck game. Women for you are that important enough to do that much work for.

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
bigneil said:
It's feminine to try to dance anyway. When the music is so loud you can't talk, and it becomes purely physical, the types of women who enjoy that environment make strippers seem wholesome.
Peña said:
Not true. I have never had a problem picking up girls in clubs. Beta bucks game for losers who can not get women on their own.
I always did think Pena was feminine. Maybe Pena is a girl admitting she picked up men there, and thinking she deserves equal credit?

Hey Pena, please post pictures of some women you picked up in a night club, seeing that we all require lessons from you here.

Also, seeing that I've gotten free dates with at least 5 strippers in the past 2 years alone (all of whom I personally photographed, anyone can PM me for photos), but that I never picked up a girl in a dance club, shouldn't Pena have pictures of 10+ strippers who he got free dates with, seeing that he is so much hotter than we are?

BrainDamage92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ye man being clearly the best dude in a club is a thrill. You kinda casually drink at the bar and look around, then some girl kinda comes and takes a place next to you then before too long there is a small flock.

But this happens rarely. and means the party is full of 18 year olds and the few other older-than-20 dudes look like ****.

But clubs are a huge waste of time. With time and age most people quit them really and this is why its easy to go to a place full with 18-20 prom night kids and be alpha. So its good on the ego. But a huge waste of time.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if walking up to a chick and asking her to dance, or just initiating a conversation and getting 'rejected' affects you, you're not in the right mindset to do it.

You should be having FUN with your friends. Have a drink or two, and then just initiate a conversation with a few chicks, and if the first one rejects you you just turn around and go talk to the next one. You try a few times (while you keep having fun with your friends), and if no girl seems interested that night, oh well, no biggie, it is a numbers game so the fact that three girls in a row showed no interest in you doesnt mean that there wont be a fifth girl that will end up fvcking you.

Of course you have to look your best in a club, and well, everywhere if you want to pick up chicks. I have to say that if you approach girls that are way above your 'league' the chance of getting rejected indefinetely is too high lol.

But as I said, if you get hurt because one chick doesnt want to dance with you or talk to you in a club, you're not in the right mood. It should not phase you, or very little.

Dont go there to 'hunt', go there to have fun and to talk to a few girls. Do not consider it a "mission"; picking up chicks in a club is an extra.

P.S.

I've picked up a couple of girls in clubs but I have to say that I dont really like to go there anymore. I've been in clubs hundreds of times because, oh well, it is what everybody does when you're 18-30, but now that I learned to dance salsa, I normally pick up chicks there. Why...? because:
1- I always have fun when I go to a social dance.
2- I dance good now so the majority of girls dance way worse than me, so I get extra points.
3- I feel confident, and I know a lot of people in that environtment.
4- There are way more girls than in a club; it is not a sausage fest. lol.

Find your spot!

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care what anyone says.. when you go to dance on a chick and she turns you down .. people observed her turn you down and in their eyes you temporarily lost cool points with them.
A solution so this never happens again.

Walk to the middle of the dancefloor, start dancing alone, having a blast by yourself. I mean getting after it like no one is watching. Just having a ball all by yourself. The interested chicks will come up to you.

Note: Practice dancing in the mirror before you try this and make sure you don't look like a complete retard. If you look good, have some rhythm and are confident, girls will come. I promise you. Be the life of the party.
My boys and me do this every weekend. We go to bar, get a nice buzz and then go to the middle of the dancefloor and have a blast. A group of chicks always comes and joins us. It works literally every time.

Aceking1

Reaction score
Ok thanks to everyone that replied. People are saying that a club is the worst place to pick up girls but I think it's the best place to build up your confidence for day game. When I first started I used to go to a club with my friends ****faced and try to approach girls. That gave me the confidence to drink a bit less and try approaching. Now that I'm comfortable with that I'm trying to be completely sober and trying to approach without a buddy near me. Once i get this down in a club I feel i'll have enough confidence to try that in the day time anywhere I want.

And hence my question: how do you not give a **** after getting a no on the dance floor. Because when I'm drunk I'll just walk away not giving a **** to my friend or whatever. However when I'm sober and I'm trying to do this without my buddies near me, its really hard to not get awkward and trying to approach a different girl right away.

Suspens

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aceking1 said:
And hence my question: how do you not give a **** after getting a no on the dance floor. However when I'm sober and I'm trying to do this without my buddies near me, its really hard to not get awkward and trying to approach a different girl right away.
Look, getting a no is not awkward or embarrassing in anyway. Cases like this very very rarely happen.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Mike32ct said:

really? I ALWAYS ask a girl to dance while she is already dancing lol. Do not go up behind them and start dancing, tap them on the shoulder and get close to their ear to ask (obviously since its loud, also shows you give 0 ****s about boundaries) .

You can always talk to a girl at the bar, then lead her onto the dance floor or just ask her to dance. Do NOT say "do you want to dance?" Say " lets dance" then take her hand and guide her to the dance floor. (Side note: turn every do you into a lets, question vs. command)

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
JohnChops said:
really? I ALWAYS ask a girl to dance while she is already dancing lol. Do not go up behind them and start dancing, tap them on the shoulder and get close to their ear to ask (obviously since its loud, also shows you give 0 ****s about boundaries) .

Ok cool. I never had any luck finding a dance partner ON the dance floor, but did fairly well meeting them off of the floor and leading them to dance. It must be a "Your mileage may vary" sort of thing. For guys that can find women to dance with on the floor, it sounds like a great skill set to have. I'll try your tip at the next singles event I'm at.

You can always talk to a girl at the bar, then lead her onto the dance floor or just ask her to dance. Do NOT say "do you want to dance?" Say " lets dance" then take her hand and guide her to the dance floor. (Side note: turn every do you into a lets, question vs. command)
I agree with this part 100%. I always used, "Let's go (dance)" or "This is our song" and led them to dance. ASKING for a dance is only for high school dances or formal ballroom/salsa/swing events. Asking can viewed as lame/weak in a nightclub.