How to talk to girls online?

GNRSLASH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haven't seen much posted about this topic, does anyone have any advice for talking to girls online (Aim, MSN, etc).

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well one good piece of advice is if you ever run out of things to say or you feel like you may begin to come down from the climax of the conversaiton, just say you have to go.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeh as eaglez said

if things are dying, get out

i usually talk the same way as i would in person..the thing is, i'm assuming you mean with women that you find attractive..or a better word "interesting"

i try to avoid talking to them on aim for too long, or even at all for the first two months or 3-5 outings, whichever comes first...

you dont want to give her too much info about yourself early on..and this might get her even more interested in you because she'll wonder why you'll talk to her in person and go hang out with her but not talk to her online..

of course, you can't dodge her everytime..so i suggest talking about interesting and fun topics...random is fine..as long as the subjects are not about you..they can be personal thigns about her..BUT NOT YOU

you are the mystery..the prize

pjtheman

Don Juan
Reaction score
of course, you can't dodge her everytime..so i suggest talking about interesting and fun topics...random is fine..as long as the subjects are not about you..they can be personal thigns about her..BUT NOT YOU

you are the mystery..the prize

this is sound advice generaly but you want to let her at least have something to think about later, if you have a converstion with a girl and don't tell her anything about yourself then when she thinks about you later guess what? SHE HAS NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT you need her to have something that she can think and wonder about or her interest will drop like a lead balloon.

jeffthechef

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ehh. pj...you save the things about you for the outing..then she can think about you in a better context

you dont want her to think of you as your screenname when she is contemplating...but of course we all have our own ways

i think the op should just let it flow..but try and guide that flow :D

Flakes

Don Juan
Reaction score
Instant messages are perfect for the c&f approach as well - since it's so easy to misinterpret things that are written and not spoken you'll probably be given tons of chances to bust her balls! :)

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
practice, my friend is really good at online game because hes been doing it for so long. now he can just randomly add a chick on myspace in the city that he doesnt know and just start to talking to her like theyve known eachother for years immediately. so just talk to girls online whenever you can and youll get better

fertileTurtle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hope this helps. It's a recent facebook convo I had through email.

me
how do you know all these peoples from my church? do u go there?

her
Today at 5:37pm

yeah. I knew you went there! They call you Rhino right? So how are you doing?

me

Today at 6:02pm

great. but i still don't know who you are. my name is REINALD. Rhino, yeah, i have been called that, but i think you may need to get your hearing checked little girl. haha. how old r u anyways?

her

Today at 6:09pm

ok...im not little anymore 19. lol. How long have you been going to Trinity

me

Today at 6:12pm

a looong time and i'm not like the other boys, they say he's not like us. hehe. well so how cool are you anyway? better tell me before i act out and you tell on me? hmmm?

her
Today at 6:19pm

Im pretty kool! I dont tell on people. Its a little like a child to tell :) lol. So what did you do most of the time? lol. just starting conversation. hehe :)

me
Today at 6:22pm

hold on a sec. I have to inspect your page before i answer your questions. i'm evaluating you right now. it will be a minute.

me
Today at 6:27pm

and now i'm also being distracted by other people. haha. oh well.

me
Today at 6:28pm

f it. what music do you like? make a long list, so i can stall for time.

me
Today at 6:35pm

oh well. see you at church. i have stuff to do. take care.

her
Today at 6:38pm

Kings of Leon, Rock music, rap music, some country. I have a tattoo on my right ankle. Im not like other people at church...Im not a good person at all. I just dont fit in at all. I don't like to follow the rules at all :) I hope you dont think Im terrible or anything :p I listen to 93.7, 98.1 a lot of things.

me
Today at 6:42pm

you don't listen to 93.3 and you're white. wtf is wrong with you kid? anyway, i know who you are now, but your new haircut threw me off? you still look like that?

her
Today at 6:42pm

hey im going swimming but we can talk later right? maybe tonight because im on like all the time and have no one to talk to lol!

me
Today at 6:43pm

oh yeah. you like boys, girls, both? just curious. hehe.

me
Today at 6:45pm

that's why i'm doing email. i'll be drinking all night, may see someone later if she's not too much of a ***** right now. bye.

her
Today at 8:52pm

boys. why? I was drinking last Friday for my sister-in-laws 23rd b-day! Wait if you get offline then Ill have no one to talk to :(

me
Today at 9:34pm

Is that all you do. You smoke weeds?

her
Today at 10:02pm

sometimes. what do you do? hehe

me
Today at 10:05pm

girls

me
Today at 10:06pm

i almost attatched a starbucks to that on accident. lol

me
Today at 10:07pm

sometimes older women when i get desperate. lol not very often though

her
Today at 10:10pm

wow...you should stick with younger girls. lol. anyways so whats up? so what do YOU want to talk about? You can pick the subject. hehe lol

me
Today at 10:11pm

i'm drinking rum. I already PICKED the subject silly girl!

me
Today at 10:12pm

i know what i want to talk about. you have to tell me all the dirt on the church folk that you know. we should drink sometime. i live in greer.

her
Today at 10:16pm

i dont have any yet...except they seem to judge every vistor that walks in and that sarah irwin judges me about everything...is this what you wanted to talk about? yess we should. i live in fountain inn. where do you live in greer?

me
Today at 10:19pm

real close i guess. we can arrange it when i get a day off or something. we'll talk about that later. yeah, sarah is a ****ing ****. i tried to get her to go out with me, but i think she has her ***** in a lock box. i did get her a little hot last week though i could tell. you should watch me when i flirt with those christian girls. they end up flipping out.

me
Today at 10:21pm

see this is the way it is with those girls. it's sad. so don't cry too much.

they all holding out for mr perfect and can't have no fun otherwise. but they don't know that mr perfect don't want them. sad but true babe.

me
Today at 10:23pm

i think Jocelyne get's **** though. it seems like it anyway. i have to take a shower. so i may get back on later. bye.

her
Today at 10:35pm

im not waiting for mr perfect...i would rather have fun. lol. I love fun! I would do anything for fun or other things. hehe

her
Today at 11:23pm

have you and jocelyn slept together?

Beavis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Always test out the S my D line up, and use it as other things
see my dogs
sample my desert
stain my deck
staple my documents
saute my duck
etc etc

Areonz

Reaction score
First time poster here but I can say I'm very damn good at talking with chicks online.

Just say the usual stuff as you would in person, however, put in a smiley face at the end of every few messages. Chicks seem to really dig smiley faces from my experience. It really adds some emotion to the text.

For example, compare these two sentences.
"Hey (insert name here), your outfit is really rockin in that pic!"

"Hey (insert name here), your outfit is really rockin in that pic! ;) "

See the difference? Hope this helps bro!

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Areonz said:
First time poster here but I can say I'm very damn good at talking with chicks online.

Just say the usual stuff as you would in person, however, put in a smiley face at the end of every few messages. Chicks seem to really dig smiley faces from my experience. It really adds some emotion to the text.

For example, compare these two sentences.
"Hey (insert name here), your outfit is really rockin in that pic!"

"Hey (insert name here), your outfit is really rockin in that pic! ;) "

See the difference? Hope this helps bro!

nice dude that helps a ton! smileys work wonders lol. i started doing it a lot after reading this and its great. and also the type as you would in person part is true. i kinda type like this all the time though even on forums though lol see notice how this reads as i would usually talk(not that youve heard me talk, but you can probly tell) and it sounds like i'm just talking to you normally. but then this is just my style you can do whatever you want. XD

also another thing i do is lol and haha a lot even when theres nothing funny it just makes it more light hearted and friendlier. and make occasionall mitakes wihtout correctign them. other than that this right here is basically how i talk to girls online (and anywhere online really). then just talk about whatever as you would a normal conversation.

Captin Krunch

Don Juan
Reaction score
yea...adding smileys add that emotion to the convo.....and also to the guy that asked about reading on what 'not to say' for msn....jus have fun bro....know that most of the people you talk to you MIGHT not see in ur future anyway if you dont want to!...so dont give a flyin eff and try to be funny