How to start my own website and forum....

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how can i do this? any tips on where to start?. I just want something simple like this one. But in my site ill have a few different things.

1) Bad words arent censored.
2) No post limit.
3) Politics are allowed and encouraged.
4) Business forum.

There you have it. Either that or i have just gave this site the best advice it will ever get.. :rolleyes:

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
how can i do this? any tips on where to start?. I just want something simple like this one. But in my site ill have a few different things.

1) Bad words arent censored.
2) No post limit.
3) Politics are allowed and encouraged.
4) Business forum.

There you have it. Either that or i have just gave this site the best advice it will ever get.. :rolleyes:
1) Like taking candy from a baby... It's a built in feature in every forum software, so you just turn it off. It's by default anyways.

2) There's no post limits by default.

3) Make a political section for your site?

4) I can help you out. I already run a few sites, mostly vBulletin and I can get you some good hosting.

partyforlife

Don Juan
Reaction score
i run a few as well..vBulletin is def. the way to go

i am majoring in digital design...its my hobby ;P

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's-Me said:
1) Like taking candy from a baby... It's a built in feature in every forum software, so you just turn it off. It's by default anyways.

2) There's no post limits by default.

3) Make a political section for your site?

4) I can help you out. I already run a few sites, mostly vBulletin and I can get you some good hosting.
Ok bro, so how do i start?

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Ok bro, so how do i start?
1- Buy hosting and a domain.

2- Buy a vBulletin license or get nulled version. I don't recommend the nulled version because your host can suspend you for it. So you can always use a free forum software such as phpBB or myBB.

3- Install the forum and get everything going!

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's-Me said:
1- Buy hosting and a domain.

2- Buy a vBulletin license or get nulled version. I don't recommend the nulled version because your host can suspend you for it. So you can always use a free forum software such as phpBB or myBB.

3- Install the forum and get everything going!
Any recommendations on where to buy and cost of everything?

It's-Me

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ken785 said:
Any recommendations on where to buy and cost of everything?
A domain is about 10$ a year.

Hosting is about 5$ a month, depends on your plan. You won't be needing that much bandwidth and space. I have hosting on 3 servers, and I could host you if you want.

vBulletin license costs 100$ for a year and 180$ for a lifetime (It's the best forum software and I get it's worth it a bit).

Motorbreathy

Reaction score
I am currently using phpBB, and I like it a lot. It is a really awesome forum program. The freeness of it all also makes it a really good forum program B)
Demo : free forum