How to start a social circle from scratch?

G0gL2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
NewDestiny47 said:
These past few years i really lost most of my old friends and here I am now, I have nobody left and my life, to be honest, is pretty damn lonely (If you think I'm exaggerating, it's Saturday night and im sitting here in my room posting this)

Im 21 and live at home. i'm a little more mature than most guys my age so I'm not really into too much clubbing and partying, I love going out but to more family oriented activities like bowling, restaurants, mini-golf, places like dave and busters etc.

My main problem is how the hell do you start from scratch??? I don't really have any hobbies, most likely b/c I don't have any friends to share anything with (it's a viscious cycle).
I've tried going to a few places like this huge game room they have here and a bowling alley by myself... yea that took guts. Everybody is there with somebody, I can't just go up to someone and say "hey will you guys be my friends?" without looking like an idiot and possibly getting thrown out.
Ditto for school, I'll walk around through the cafeteria but everyone is in there with a group of people, you don't just go and sit with a random group of people without them thinking you are seriously ill in the head.

It really seems like you need at least one friend, ive been trying this whole year to start from scratch and it just doesn't seem possible. With one friend at least you can meet a friend or family member of theirs etc. and start branching out.... or you can actually go somewhere with them and strength in numbers, you don't seem as much of a creep if you start interacting with other people.
cold approach more women and get some dates. women also can double as someone who can help you meet more people. surely shell have some friends you can meet. there you go, youll have a girl and some new friends.

if you play it right, it will be far easier to meet a chick who will like you who can help you meet people than to approach some dude and try to make friends with him on the spot. THat will be hard. at best youll just make an acquantance, or worse, hell think your gay and trying to pick up on him.

thats what I would do if I were you.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the town you're in or going to has a lair, join that. I was amazed at all the cool guys I met in there. Some were doctors, etc.

ProDJ26

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so your saying you can't just sit down with people? Haha I do it ALL THE TIME!
Just get some food sit down and say "Hi my name is ___ and I'm sitting here with the cool people because I'm new and don't know anybody. And your names are?"