How to respond to some things...

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, well I'm not a great conversationalist but I'm not horrible but something this guy and girl said to me at work, I HAD NO IDEA OF HOW TO RESPOND. So I'm sitting there getting trained on the comptuer and there is a girl and a guy (i know the guy from school) sitting at the break table talking. They then asked mea fe w questions like if i like the job so far etc etc etc. Then out of nowhere both of them were like yea we were at the podeium and everyones like "whos the new guy with the blond spiked ahr (me), hes hot" and then the guy wasl ike yea dude your a wanted man here!

Like I was in shock and it took me 5 seconds to make me sonud like a conceited ******* I don't member what i said but it was quite dumb lol...what are some witty responses that not only cover this example but other ones too.

[]D [] []V[] []D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You: "I know... but im sorry, you have to get in line"

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think thats one of those things you just dont respond to haha

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is kind of off subject, but if you hear a women tell you that you're hot, a great response is "What are you gonna do about it?" It works well.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got hit on by a group of 8th graders at my confirmation thing. they all told me i'm hott as hell. i jsut kinda...looked away n said thanks.
if shes hott, I've always wanted to say "too abd you're not, or else we coulda hokked up."
but i dunno how thta would go over lol. and its never popped in my head at the right time.

j8snx1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, if a girl or girls say you're hot, I tend to use some of these:

A) Just because you say I'm hot, doesn't mean you can take me home. You need to try harder! (I'm guessing that has to do with being a challenge, but I never really paid attention, just said it)

B) Thanks, so are you. (Kind of a Kiss-Ass reply, but I use it when the girl(s) say "You're hot" regarding my temperature. Borrowed this from Fantastic 4 hahaha!)

C) ...What, you want me to say that YOU'RE hot now? I don't know... (with a grin)

blah blah blah. Just be creative, but I'd think twice before saying something when a guy says that I'm hot. I'm not homophobic, but it would seem pretty weird if that happened.

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
nono, he never said he thinks I was hot, he said he over heard the girls at the podeium saying the blonde-spikey haired kid washot. I would feel kinda weird if hes like yea ur hot lol

DiMallio

Don Juan
Reaction score
simply smile and act like its no big deal.... like it happens all the time !!!

kev me723

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I actually get that kind of often. As a matter of fact, one of the first times I was with my current gf when we had just met, her friend was like "oh, hey, so you are supposed to show me the hottest guy in the world right?" and I was like wtf, I don't like this idea I'm supposed 2 be here w/her, there's no other guys involved. Then all of the sudden she's like "yup here he is! isn't he gorgeous?" as she pointed to me :D But i've found that if they really think that, then a ****y remark is just gonna make you an assh*le if they don't kno you well. Keeping it casual and confident is the way to go, unless you can make a well placed remark that's smooth but not TOO ****y, which can also be done with good results.