How to Remember people's name Forever!!

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was a college student, my area of study involved recalling massive amounts of facts. A fellow classmate taught me how to use visualization to put the info in my long term memory at a quick pace. I then applied the technique to remembering the women I approach when I go out clubbing.

So you've had too many drinks and can't remember that her name is Britney-

So here is how I can remember all of the women I meet on a particular night (and others):

As soon as she tells me her name I associate it with an outrageous visualization from my imagination:

For instance-

She tells me her name is Britney.

Immediately, I imagine Britney Spears interrupting our introduction and driving a spear through her heart. Now, repeat her name back to her.

"Nice to meet you, Britney."

I know this sounds outrageous but it works! The more outrageous the scenario you create, the more likely you will be able to recall her name.

Now lets say she tells you her name is kim-

Well, Kim sounds like chem (from chemistry). Now, Imagine your target mixing up some chemicals in some test tubes and it explodes in her face and it leaves her hair sticking out like she just got struck by lightning.

The more funny and outrageous it is the more likely you will be able to recall the name after several glasses of Hennessy.

First practice these techniques in situations outside of approaching women. The more you practice you put into it, the quicker you will be able to develop the skill of making up the visualizations in just a few seconds.

It will take effort at first but soon it will become second nature to you and you will be able to recall the names of a table full of women who rattle them off in succession during a group approach. You won't even have to think about it. Your mind will do it automatically from habit.
And you will be amazed that you still remember their names several months down the line when you see them out again.

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh it's great I met 15 people on night and remembered all of their names using exactly this system.

nistelrooy

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, never underestimate how remembering somebody's name can make that person feel.

It might not sound like much, but i think it immediately draws their attention.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Music jams the circuitry

It's worth a go, but for some odd reason music jams my name recollection circuitry, so I have trouble recalling names, titles, etc. when there's music playing -- as in clubs.

I was talking with a friend, and could not remember the title of an album I'd listened to many, many times. I had to desribe tha album cover to identify it! When I got home, I remembered it clearly.

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tips...?

Good one--even if it doesn't work, it's fun worth trying. And if it does work, how else can you extend it?

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good one--even if it doesn't work, it's fun worth trying. And if it does work, how else can you extend it?

Well it should work unless you are an alcoholic or abuse drugs. In that case,your brain cells would be too fried to even recall much outside of your own name.

How else can you extend it?

You can use it to recall any facts or lists of items. Just use your imagination.

In some of my college classes, I was able to use this technique to cram stuff within 1-2 hours before an exam and ace it.

Like my my former classmate told me- our mind is visual; we even dream in pictures and we think of new ideas in pictures. Some events are so graphic that even if we only see them once, we will remember the details forever.

Just from the act of trying to think of a way to remember a name using visuals
places it into long term memory unlike just remembering a phone number to just call it right away. In this case, you have to keep repeating it to yourself.

Just say her number is 555-1476
and you don't have a pen.

Imagine three people coming up to the target and giving her a "high five."
Right after that, your little sister, who is fourteen, comes and kidnap her and keeps her while she holds up a 76 gas station.

You remember the events in that order so you remember the order of numbers.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for this one spanky.

I'm usually pretty ****ed at remembering names, but I've been doing this and it works well.

Drow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is great tip! :) Shows your listening, and women love that.. Besides, I'm always forgetting peoples names whom I have just met..

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Great post. Can be used in other circumstances as well.

eroq

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post! Now I just need to remember to use it... hmm, how do you visualize visualization?

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent post! Now I just need to remember to use it... hmm, how do you visualize visualization?
Simply by visualizing the visualization that you want to visualize. Duuuuh!

DraGon_luv

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a very usefull tips,

this is the tip i come here and love to read

remember this site is all about self improvment

this tip should be in the self improvment bible lol

soopafly4eva

Don Juan
Reaction score
great tip!

I'd really like to learn even more about this, is there any books about this that you'd recommend?

spanky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd really like to learn even more about this, is there any books about this that you'd recommend?
Yes; the Mega Memory series by Kevin Troudeau ( I believe that is how you spell it). I know it is on audio tape but I am not sure of the book but he teaches extensive lessons on mastering this technique.