How to memorise your Game

The Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so there is lots of openers out there, negs, stories, tests. But how does the guru's such as Mystery, Tyler Durden, Style et al suggest you memorise this stuff? Do they say just recite at home a 100 times or practice with a friend before field testing it?

The Daddy

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
they write them down and test them straight into the field. Story telling on the other hand is best done the same style as that guy in resoviour dogs.

Lines delivered perfectly are almost magic. Body language and tonality are VERY important.

I'm Joe Dirt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I learn best by memorizing concepts.

I will remember general ideas and have visual diagrams drawn in my head, then I just kind of following along with that.

Once I have a visual concept in my mind and I get how all the parts work its not hard to just improvise the rest accordingly and get it. I also use this to learn material for classes (draw up visual diagrams in my head as the professor lectures) and it eliminates the need to study at home and is very effective, I often get the highest scores or near the top on tests while people who study by trying to memorize don't do so well.

The reason this works is because when you GET a concept, like really understand it, you can recognize its pattern in any context, where as if you just memorize scripts, the minute someone deviates from the script it f's up your whole game.

I am sure that has happened to people here, where you have this awesome 3 line opener and you're happy and confident to use it and you start it and as soon as you do the HB fails to adhere to the script and says something unpredictable, you lose composure, and eventually you're blown out of the set.

Jukeboxhero

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought Game was supposed to be natural and not canned lines and tricks? I know some of styles stuff is just 2 or 3 basic questions that are easy to remember.

Also, you can memorize basic ideas or concepts but like the above poster said, it's difficult to ADHERE to a script and you need to be flexible and prepared for the unexpected!

IF you do want to memorize your ideas or "game" then I would write it down on a piece of paper, stick it in your back pocket and start using it on girls until you get good at it.

wowiehowie

Banned
Reaction score
Be like George Costanza from Seinfeld and write crib notes on your hands!

Or, here's one: how about just being comfortable and confident with yourself and not trying to do "on the fly" mental database searches for some canned BullSh!t?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jukeboxhero
I thought Game was supposed to be natural and not canned lines and tricks?
I think it is but not until you get about 25 years old. Before then you just want quick fixes because the perception is that there are magic words and phrases to become popular with women (thank you Ross).

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I think all that canned bs is for nerds like Strauss and Mystery. I really wish that ppl would stop posting PUA **** on the DJ FORUM. Didn't anyone teach you, tricks are for kids?

The Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stay out of the thread if you don't like it. You are only slagging off the well known gurus because you envy them and their success.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL...

Yes we all envy the manically depressed Mystery and the sell-out Strauss ^^ /sarcasm off

Seriously. These guys figured out some good techniques and such but it's all canned pretty much. They have close to no inner game at all and that's just the truth.

Canned works great... right uptill the point where you meet a woman with half a brain. The type of woman you might wanna have in the long run, but it'l be a miracle if she doesn't excuse herself to the bathroom and never come back if you pack out with your canned BS.

The Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I figure if you have memorised enough stuff and done it enough so its natural, then it works. That's the point of field tests.

Then, when you have built up success with women, your inner game gets stronger as you have a track record of success.

You can say its the chicken and egg problem. Which comes first. For me, I want techniques as that would suit me better.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to insult anyone, but like others have said, it's best to forget the canned lines and tricks and work on becoming an attractive person instead. I don't mean to state the obvious, but women are more likely to sleep with an attractive and naturally confident guy than an average guy who can perform tricks.

Another obvious problem with lines is what happens when the girl says/does something you aren't prepared for? I don't mean to single RockstarPUA out, but it's a good example. If you check this video, notice how he bails out on the sisters when his routine takes an unexpected turn...

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84048

The chicks were into him anyway, so he could've been successful with just a standard conversation about movies (a situational topic) or alike. The sisters trick just complicated things and seemed to break the rapport. It was like he went from chatting to them to performing for them.

As I say though, I'm not singling him out as I believe he can get women. However, I believe he gets them based on his appearance, confidence and personal qualities rather than his gimmicks.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
...The chicks were into him anyway, so he could've been successful with just a standard conversation about movies (a situational topic) or alike. The sisters trick just complicated things and seemed to break the rapport. It was like he went from chatting to them to performing for them....
And this is a huge problem that guys depending on routines have; not many of them have the ability to easily chain the routines together as the situation changes. Style and Mystery were successful because they were good at this skill in addition to going off the cuff when necessary.

Guys who depend on routines are too busy making sure they are saying things right that they forgo saying the right things. If a woman pulls him out of his zone watch out, crash and burn. It's like a comedian on stage that can't handle a heckler, his complete routine is off.

The Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
The assumption here seems to be that if you memorise something you are no good at anything else. I beg to differ. If you memorise something, it is another string to your bow. It does not make you any worse at the rest of the game.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Daddy
The assumption here seems to be that if you memorise something you are no good at anything else. I beg to differ. If you memorise something, it is another string to your bow. It does not make you any worse at the rest of the game.
Of course it's not an absolute, but none of the guys posting about memorizing ever post about any other skills what so ever (wonder why). It seems to be all focused on copying someone else, kinda like the droves of guys copying Style in THE GAME.

What happened to them? They literally saturated the city with the same lines; women they approached actually told them that they've heard the same routines from other guys.

So tell me, what would happen if a guy ends up in a situation where he hasn't memorized a routine? He normally posts a drastic call for help in this forum to help him prepare for a date he's going on in the next couple of hours. :rolleyes:

Yeah, this is the way of the DJ...

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Repetition,

Spend enough time hitting on girls and what not and spitting your game and it'll become like a reflex. Experience is the best teacher and after you F up a few times you'll see how quickly you'll be able to commit openers and stories to memory.

redgriffin

Don Juan
Reaction score
there are a few good products out there for improving memory. google it.

you can put things in your rooms (in your mind) and then if you forget, just ask yourself, what was in that room? --Journey method.

"Take a cheat sheet with you and read from it in front of the girl, then when she snach's it out of your hand pull out a bigger one and say: ah ha!" --Rick H.

syncmaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Daddy
Ok, so there is lots of openers out there, negs, stories, tests. But how does the guru's such as Mystery, Tyler Durden, Style et al suggest you memorise this stuff? Do they say just recite at home a 100 times or practice with a friend before field testing it?

The Daddy
You don't memorize it - you understand it. You remember the jist of the story just as if a comedian is telling a joke. Jerry Seinfield doesnt memorize every line - he knows the general idea and just goes with it. What happens if you memorize it and you forget where you were?

The Daddy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can memorise the theme, of couse. But often some jokes require you say things in a very specific way. So you have to remember that too. I don't see why trying to learn exact wording makes you forget a theme. Rather, I think it improves your performance. You wing it, so to speak, but recite much of it using the best phraseology.

It is rather like an actor who has to learn their lines. They recite verbatim, but every now and then they add lib. e.g. I just saw on TV today that in The Shining, Jack Nicholas add-libbed "Here's Johnny!" and they kept it. Apparently, they hacked down 27 doors over 3 days to get the scene right! :)