How to make yourself interesting again?

Bgarrido

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys basically I've been trying to get with this girl for a couple of months now and she liked me for a little while but decided to date another guy before we could date... She just broke up with that guy and I've been talking to her and I really don't know whether or not we can just like pick up where we left off...

I feel like I've lost some of the mystery and intrigue that I used to have because she knows me so well now.. So i'm just wondering for some ideas/tricks to make myself mysterious to her again so she wants to talk to me instead of talking to me as being really ordinary. :confused:

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do interesting things. What're you hobbies? What are your talents. You can't make yourself seem interesting without lying.... unless you are. Why do you think your not interesting?

I'm interesting because:

I ride a motorbike
I'm training to be a Royal Air Force Engineer
I play guitar
I Juggle
I keep myself fit - eat well and swim at least 3 times a week.

N_SEAL44

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find the best way to be interesting is to take advantage of every opportunity you get and to be well rounded. Do things you usually wouldn't and push your comfort zone. Not only will it keep her guessing but it will give you a more rewarding life. Have you ever seen the movie "Yes Man", take some tips from that. I'm not saying you should do literally everything offered to you, but push your boundaries a little, you'll be surprised how much is out there.

Realize your interests and hobbies, and grow them. Then expand and diversify.

Instead of staying in this Friday night, go out with friends. No friends to go out with? Go to a museum by yourself, go to an independent film showing, go to a concert of a genre of music you are not familiar with. Do anything but stay in and be bored, that's what being old is for. Take advantage of your youth.

Lastly, to become more interesting to the girl, make her feel like you have other options. If she blows you off when you ask to hangout (busy, sick, flat out no) don't let her see your frustration. Pretend like you couldn't be bothered and that you have other, more interesting plans anyway.

For example:

You: so what are you up to tonight? want to hang out?

Her: sorry I can't, I already have plans.

You: It's all good, I think I'm just go to John's party anyway. (even if there is no "John")

^ She'll start to wonder if her plans are going to be as fun as yours and she'll start to wonder about your life outside of what she knows about you.

lxr

Don Juan
Reaction score
One time i was in a similar position. The entire time said girl was in the other relationship i tried to stay away from her as possible. That way, you won't be friend-zoned, and hopefully her memories of you will still be sexy. The time for this has probably passed for you, but in the future consider this tip ^_^

Bgarrido

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im an athlete I play football, basketball and run track and I workout 4-5 days a week. It's not so much that I don't think I'm not interesting it's just like I feel like she knows me so well that I'm no longer interesting to her.. Im just trying to get that novelty back so shell want to talk to me instead of me always initiating contact. This girl has been confusing me for the past few months and its been really frustrating

stevenson

Don Juan
Reaction score
TO add on the great ideas above .. Always look amazing. Dress any way you want, but make it look good and translate well with who you want to interact with. Wear clothes that fit, are flattering, and not too cheap, because cheap clothes are generally unflattering and don’t fit. If people don’t compliment you on how you look it’s probably because you don’t look great, so get some help from a friend who knows what he or she is doing or hire someone. I know it sounds materialistic (because it IS), but we all want to be around, work with and hire people who look good. So look good.

Good luck :)

Plec07

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bgarrido said:
Im an athlete I play football, basketball and run track and I workout 4-5 days a week. It's not so much that I don't think I'm not interesting it's just like I feel like she knows me so well that I'm no longer interesting to her.. Im just trying to get that novelty back so shell want to talk to me instead of me always initiating contact. This girl has been confusing me for the past few months and its been really frustrating
Sounds like you just need to take a step back buddy. Chat to some other girls a bit, take some time away from her. Make her miss you.

Sudden withdrawal for no apparent reason will create a mystery about yourself and will make her feel like she's lost something, and whenever somebody loses something suddenly they always want it back.