how to make them look at me?

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
how to make them look at me?

when i'm in a street i always search for the girls' eyes to make eye contact, but they never look at me, i dont know why
ANY feedback would be great?
btw, dont ask why

>>thanks

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That seems weird. Most people of either gender will at least give fleeting eye contact. It's a problem that's hard to diagnose without being there and one that you will probably have to figure out on your own.

There are infinite ways to get them to look at you, but most of them will probably make you look crazy. You could try something basic like "Hi", though it may be awkward without eye contact. I would try opening with a question, you could try turning the question into a clever line or just leave it a normal question.

Another thing that you will constantly hear people say is not to desperately look for girls. Girls want a guy that they have to catch not one who is trying to force attention, it's the old knowledge "We chase that which retreats from us" If they think you're desperate for their attention, theyre likely ignoring you. It also might just be that "the street" is not the best place to approach women. Most of them won't exactly stop in the middle of the sidewalk to flirt.

Hope this helps, and if not, good luck.

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
yes when i go out in the streets i'll get a few eye contacts but not enough to satisfy myself

yes i think i act too eager to make them look at me

btw if the street is not the best place what is the best place for this "eye contact" thing

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The most experienced guys always recommend calming down and just not worrying about it. It's much easier said than done, but it's key.

If eye contact is your goal, you should be able to get it just about anywhere. Eventually though, you'll want conversations. I don't have near enough experience to try to help you out with that.

As a side note, you could always practice non-threatening eye contact on people you aren't attracted to (elderly, relatives, kids, friends). I actually find it fun to stare down little kids, they'll hold contact for longer than you might think:crackup:

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually find it fun to stare down little kids, they'll hold contact for longer than you might think

--
LOL
I can maitain eye contact easily - i dont need to practice

but to start a conversation I need them to look at me first, otherwise I just cant approach the girl
and i need those hot tall fashionable girls to look at me not average chicks(i get eye contact from average looking girls more often)

WalkingStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I can't for the life of me guess why. It's important to look and be relaxed, but there's no way to force them to look at you. You might as well try talking to the average looking girls, if the not-so-average girls see your confidence and charm, it might help. Don't act like you want the hot girls to look at you, act like the hot girls want to look at you.

that's all I got.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, just no. You shouldn't be asking this ;)

Don't worry about eye contact. Seriously. When I was new I worried about it too. People misenterpret eye contact. Is is important WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO HER. Beforehand it is irrelevant. Don't worry about getting her to look at you, walk up at talk to her! She will be looking at you then.

Girls don't check out guys like we check out girls. It's not in their nature. Eye contact before initiating conversation at all. She will be pleased that a cool guy (you) pops out of nowhere and starts talking to her.

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wear things that stand out more?
i know wut ur talking about.
i wouldn't worry bout it too much.

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking at you doesn't mean ****, sorry.

My glance sometimes falls on old men, old grandmas, young girls, babies, Does that mean I'm sexually attracted to them?

Sorry, many people have an ego boost when young girls look at them, but sometimes its really you happened to be in their view.

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
WalkingStick said:
Well, I can't for the life of me guess why. It's important to look and be relaxed, but there's no way to force them to look at you. You might as well try talking to the average looking girls, if the not-so-average girls see your confidence and charm, it might help. Don't act like you want the hot girls to look at you, act like the hot girls want to look at you.

that's all I got.
great, a bit confusing...
do you know how to act like they (the hot girls) want to look at me?

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
SinJester said:

Don't worry about eye contact. Seriously. When I was new I worried about it too. People misenterpret eye contact. Is is important WHEN YOU ARE TALKING TO HER. Beforehand it is irrelevant. Don't worry about getting her to look at you, walk up at talk to her! She will be looking at you then.

Girls don't check out guys like we check out girls. It's not in their nature. Eye contact before initiating conversation at all. She will be pleased that a cool guy (you) pops out of nowhere and starts talking to her.
uh thanks a lot your comment gave me a whole new confidence and point of view
and yes I think its thei nature to not check out guys directly

but i sometimes see them cheking out other guys and flirting with them so why i cant be one of those guys?? i feel jealouse- no problem

here is the problem: it is their nature to not look at guys like we do, and be hard to get [BUT they will be pleased that a cool guy (me) pop out of nowhere and start talking to her]
what the **** will happen if i approach them and they respond disintrested?? oh I'll die

thanks alot, I .love your post been reading it about ten times=)

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
Crazy Asian said:
wear things that stand out more?
i know wut ur talking about.
i wouldn't worry bout it too much.
yes i think i have to get a pair of orange pants=)

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
DarthAngel707 said:
Looking at you doesn't mean ****, sorry.

My glance sometimes falls on old men, old grandmas, young girls, babies, Does that mean I'm sexually attracted to them?

Sorry, many people have an ego boost when young girls look at them, but sometimes its really you happened to be in their view.
yes it means, if you look at it deep down you'll understand it
girls go out wearing makeup and dressing nice, with the idea of getting checked out
they go out with their friends laughing and having fun with eachother
they'll get lots attention from guys that they dont need to be checked out anymore
IF you check them out and try to make eye contact with them they'll think "I am the supermodel" and will never look at you OR will immediately look away(in a bad way) AND if you dont look at them, they wont look at you
after all they wont look at you
but i dont know what do some guys do that all the girls always check them out

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Gasoline.

It's all in your head buddy. You just think you see them checking out other guys because you are looking for it. It's how our minds work. But here is something powerfull: Even if you aren't the one getting checked out, you are going to be the one getting the girl if you are doing the approaching not the other guy.

Try to stop your current line of thinking. You aren't competing with other guys. A DJ isn't worrying about other guys at all, he is too busy for that. He is confident that even if his girl is talking to other guys she is still going to come back to him. If you believe that, the girl will but into that and start to believe you as well. You need to think like that.

what the **** will happen if i approach them and they respond disintrested?? oh I'll die
Haha your really worried about that? You know what you do to fix this? You keep approaching untill you get responded with disinterest enough times so that you don't care anymore! Seriously you need to get over this if you want to be successful at approaching women. It's not a big deal.

P

Philbert

Dating

it was a fantastic dating advice that you shared with us.
Thanks a lot!

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SinJester said:

Amen....

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well lets see how you look.Maybe you look like a hobo or somethin or your hair is **** who knows.

Wear a bright coloured shirt.Stands out like crazy

gasoline

Don Juan
Reaction score
SinJester thanks buddy added a rep to you

no no no i dont look lke a hobo, but about my hair: how can i do my hair best?? you know 619joe, my hair is curly.?

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats good if its curly bro.Its unique from others you just have to make it sexy curly.Not like "Screech" curly,more like "Slater" style if you know what I mean.I seen curly haired guys on the street when its not taken care for it looks like a ragged mop.You dont seem like that type of guy so I doubt it is.

Seriously though in the daytime especially wear stuff that not many guys wear.I mean I even wore this blue adidas shirt(looks like greece jersey) and it stood out alot.Its not even that bright of a colour but hell,too many guys just wear white or black these days.