How to keep the romance in 30s?

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
Just had a question maybe some older guys can answer.

Wondering how you keep the romance in the relationship when you are older? Once the girl is past a certain age I always think I can be a little more combative, argumentative, and meaner in the relationship. Not that I want to be but my thinking is her sexual market value is getting lower by the hour while mine is likely increasing. How do you get away from this thinking? It's hurt me a bit over the past few months.

It's not like when you are teenager or early 20s you will drive across the state or do anything for her because your value is low and hers is high. Now I have so much trouble doing anything romantic, as I think she should be so lucky for me to invest anything in her if she is above a certain age.

Any insight appreciated.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I'm 40 and have been with my gf for 2 years. She is 41. Like you I don't like the romantic crap. I'm typically about 15% nice guy and 85% a##hole as she calls it. You don't want to be nice guy all the time but you do have to once in a while. If you are wondering if women mature as they get older, I honestly can't tell you for sure if they do. As they get older their heads get bigger and they get more stubborn, that I can tell ya.

Henuff

Don Juan
Reaction score
logicallefty said:
I'm 40 and have been with my gf for 2 years. She is 41. Like you I don't like the romantic crap. I'm typically about 15% nice guy and 85% a##hole as she calls it. You don't want to be nice guy all the time but you do have to once in a while. If you are wondering if women mature as they get older, I honestly can't tell you for sure if they do. As they get older their heads get bigger and they get more stubborn, that I can tell ya.
Just curious.... hows the love life?

logicallefty

Reaction score
Henuff said:
Just curious.... hows the love life?
Just fine. Thank you for asking.