How to get the phone number?? advice please!!

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm new to this, I have always been the quiet type, but am trying to learn these techniques and tips. Just got out of a 6-month relationship with an older woman, but i've never tried to 'chat up' girls or get phone numbers before.

Anyway, I have spoken to this HB (8.5) at uni a couple of times - even this is a massive step forward for me! Tried to use ****y and funny, although I find it much easier to use after I've got to know a girl. She's only very small and looks really young. She mentioned that she got asked for ID last nite, so I jokingly said "it's cos u look about 12!" Later on at the end of the lecture, she says "do you really think I look 12?" and I replied "no, proably about 15!" (she's 19) Is this reply from her a good sign? was she just testing me for a wussy answer?

Another question I need to ask is how to get her phone number. I've spoken to her on 2 seperate occasions now, and the next time I want her number. I see her only about once a week. I can't say anything like "I'd like to talk to you again, so give me ur number" cos I know I'll see her again at uni.
Does anybody have any advice on how get her number in a ****y/funny way??

Last edited:

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Read the Bible....than go and get those digits. Not neccesarily in that order.

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone may not agree with this, but maybe start out with an email close. Something casual like "Hey, give me your email address." It's less threatening and you can build up to the number this way. Even ask for her IM info.

Blue Vaser

Reaction score
David's Deangelo way:
- Have you got an e/mail?

- Yes (writes it down)
- Write down your phone# too.

- No
- And electricity?
- (haha) Yes
- Phone?
- Sure

But in case of uni, I see no point. Just ask her out, in this case it's easier and more natural than asking for phone#. And do it quick, if you won't do it in a first few meetings with her, it will get much harder later on.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Older, how much older was this woman

lloyd_bank$

Don Juan
Reaction score
let's just say she's 13 years older than me

and I'm 20

and she's the only woman I've ever been with,
is that weird?

ChesterB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Asking for the phone number is more important with women you won't see again otherwise.
Concerning the girl from the uni: Next time you see her, ask her out directly. Say something like "Hey, let's go and have a cup of coffee/go to this event this weekend/this Wednesday/... ". If she says yes, you say "OK, let's exchange phone numbers, just in case..."

How did you get together with that 13 years older woman?