How to get invited to parties.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do got to do to get invited to parties. When I am walking around campus, usually if there is a party, I can walk in and join. However, I rarely get invited to parties. I see this as a good place to pick-up chicks.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Offer to bring liquor. Seriously, that's how I did it.
I got the same question as crossboss...

Am I supposed to tell EVERYBODY that I got liquor and see who invites me to a party?

I think it's redundant, what if somebody lies and says they have a party just so I can come over and liquor them up.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jester
uhh

make some friends.
I got plenty, when I ask them, they say that they thought I already found one....

Maybe it's just the fact that you don't ask enough?

jlazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have friends...that have other friends...sometime during the week ask them if they have any plans for the weekend or if they've heard of any parties going on.

You sound like you're in college....make friends with guys in frats. Thats the easiest way to get hookups. You don't even have to be in one..just knowing them is good enough.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How do you make friends?

Like, I don't have many. Most people are not interested in me. Even if I make jokes, they just don't like me.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: How do you make friends?

Originally posted by crossboss
Like, I don't have many. Most people are not interested in me. Even if I make jokes, they just don't like me.
No such thing is constant, don't be assumptious!

Just be patient, and seriously consider the liqour thing.

toddC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
pretty much...befriend the "popular" kids or the kids who you know party A LOT and pretty much just ask them what they are doing on the weekend...and if they say goign to a party..ask more into it like ohh yea, whos is it? where is it? woudl they care if i show up? i can bring a lot of alcohol :)

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quote:
No such thing is constant, don't be assumptious!

Just be patient, and seriously consider the liqour thing.

You're probably right, I like to assume.

jlazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of person are you? Which kind of people do you prefer hanging out with? Don't assume people don't like you. And so what if they don't...if you become a ***** and whine about it, no one will. Show them that you have something to offer and have value. Show them you know how to have a good time. Don't try to hard..let it come naturally.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, complaining about it does no good.

So basically, I need to act like I enjoy life, and not bicth about it.

How do you show you have some value?

jlazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
crossboss...invite people to do things...don't expect to get invited to a party after you've just met them unless you know one of their friends. So lets say you're doing something 1 night w/ friends, invite them out. When they see you know how to have fun, it adds value to you. Next time around, they'll invite you.

Yah, and try not to ***** about things that happen. Portray a positive outlook...by being negative a lot, you bring down other people's moods. If you stay positive, people will have a good time around you. You'll come off as care-free. Also, try not to be uptight. If someone jokes about you, laugh it off and show them you don't take things seriously. Basically...be a better self.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Answer to your questions

I prefer hanging out with people that are not uncool, but do not necessarily have to be cool. Also people that have something to offer, such as good at certain things.

Also, the kind of person I am is tendency to be a jerk at times but kind of easy going. However, I do not try to talk too much about things going in the world. I focus talking about more about that person. I do have problems with anger. Also psycho problems.

jlazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Answer to your questions

I prefer hanging out with people that are not uncool, but do not necessarily have to be cool. Also people that have something to offer, such as good at certain things.

Also, the kind of person I am is tendency to be a jerk at times but kind of easy going. However, I do not try to talk too much about things going in the world. I focus talking about more about that person. I do have problems with anger. Also psycho problems.
I'm right with you man...I can tell if a person is cool or not when I meet them...how?

You can tell by the people they hang out with.

Its superficial, but whatever. I hang out with the preppy/jocky crew because those are the people I can relate to. Thats my style.

If you're a jerk thats fine...but try not to bash your friends. Try to add humor to your jerkness. Anger/Psycho problems...I can't help you there.

What I have noticed is...you can tell if someone is insecure or not by the way they present themselves. They'll give off every signal that they ARE NOT confident. The way they walk, they don't talk as often, and when they do speak, it sounds like they're nervous. I used to be like that, until I started to not give a **** and be the real me which is really down to earth and spontaneous. I say random ****...it could be the stupidest **** and I won't care becase I thought it was funny.

Dude...there will always be people who don't like you and people who do. Not everyone will like you. If you're pulling chicks, guys will get jealous..some will befriend you, some will envy you.

Thats how life works, so live it HOW YOU WANT. Don't live it according to other people.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your help.

I can really see things in a new perspective. The way I was looking at life was negetively.

jlazz

Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem man...I can relate to you. Whenever you catch yourself seeing things negatively, just remember that NO ONE CARES...most people are too worried about themselves as it is. And most of the time...things turn out better than you thought. If you think negatively, you'll often hold yourself back from trying new things and meeting new people. You'll always expect the worst possible outcome. Its not a healthy way to live.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Yeah, complaining about it does no good.

So basically, I need to act like I enjoy life, and not bicth about it.

How do you show you have some value?
I have a very high standard of trust and respect. That's how you get people to not screw with you. If you let people mess with your trust, they'll take advantage of you. If you let them dis-respect you, they won't care.

It's when you give off the feeling....that people don't want to piss you off. It's not about acting tough, or being all cool and stuff, it's about shoving other people's shit up their asses when needed, and being a very agreeable guy. It's kind of like...I'm a wicked awesome guy, unless you piss me off. I am NOT a big person, I'm really skinny actually. I have little muscular strength, so I'm not big. It's the way I PRESENT myself and the way I ACT that gives me the respect I so highly value.

As a example, my ex kissed another guy. You might think that's no big thing, but my trust was gone. Surely enough, she felt the full force of a cold shoulder and very effectively used anger. No use doing things out of rage I think.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that not taking **** from people is important.

I don't quite get the anger part. Do you think anger can be used in a good way?

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DAFS