how to deal with girls who neg?

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
I posted a thread asking for advice on a situation with this girl earlier....

now it seems like she's been negging (insulting maybe?) hardcore, more than she used to.

One case was when we were talking about models, she said I'd be a cheap model and then she noticed that I had bags under my eyes (stayed up all night the day before) and said that I looked like the emaciated crack-fiend models like CK.

Another one was when she was going through my wallet and she saw a picture of me when I was younger. She went "aww you were so cute back then... what happened?"

I brushed the comments off because I wasn't sure how to deal with it. Any advice?

psychgrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually just agree with her and then insert: "So what do you like about_____"

For example: you have bags under your eyes

You: Yeah I noticed that too, so what do you like about guys with bags under their eyes. is it because I was probably up having sex with a girl. ETc

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by psychgrad
Usually just agree with her and then insert: "So what do you like about_____"

For example: you have bags under your eyes

You: Yeah I noticed that too, so what do you like about guys with bags under their eyes. is it because I was probably up having sex with a girl. ETc

Good advice :cool:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The trick is to play along, laugh at it, neg her back, playfully threaten to beat her up and build up a friendly repetoire of negging and trying to outwit each other. I'll even use it as a cue to start play fighting/tickling sometimes.

Sometimes I'll act very ****y + funny and accuse her of being mean just to hide her true feelings for me. She'll deny it, then I'll say something like "Why must you deny what is only natural to you as a woman?" etc.

As long as no one gets personal and insulting, have fun with it and take the negs as a positive sign.

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by skd
One case was when we were talking about models, she said I'd be a cheap model and then she noticed that I had bags under my eyes (stayed up all night the day before) and said that I looked like the emaciated crack-fiend models like CK.
Insult

Originally posted by skd
Another one was when she was going through my wallet and she saw a picture of me when I was younger. She went "aww you were so cute back then... what happened?"
Insult

Dude you are being insulted.

Disagree? Read this neg hit thread. It should be in the bible

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
HOHOHO! I want to hear everybody's take on this one... Spice it up a little next time though bruva Kaptain.

She's negging you, have you ever experienced with negging? Doesn't seem like it, don't ask questions, until you know what your asking about;) You might not like the answer...

If it bothers you, you have two options, ignore it, or agree.
ignoring The problem will only make things worse on you... haha LOSER!!!!
agreeing Will cause confusion, you will have to fix the problem sooner or later, or not.

If you want to have fun with it, you have infinite options, with multitudes of choices and twists you can make... Try and neg her in return, better to practice than to tuck tail and hide.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If everyone is agreeing in this thread that she is insulting you then maybe she has low interest level and is looking to bail out soon. Was she always this way to before or did you see it happening more and more as the relationship went by?

Typically, a girl who disrespects your appearance has low self-esteem and low interest. NEXT em' if she doesn't adjust after hitting her back with a few neg hits or a few CF lines. She'll just waste your time and put you down.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who the **** said we all agree she's insulting him?

Learn some boy, don't say something that is going to **** up somebody's life.

I'm laughing, since obviously she is a fun girl, and a guy with only 1 post asks this question.

Kaptain says insult, since he was probably the bully on the playground as a kid.

Jariel says play along, go with the flow, make something out of what should be nothing to worry about.

Tomatoes is handing his virgin ass to psychgrad in the form of a compliment.

Psychgrad says agree with her, and play the ****y funny routine.

You on the other hand, are asking, why she's changed... well it'sobvious he's taking peoples advice, and putting it into practice. Thus leading to her **** testing him to see if he really is, what he says he is, and not a fake lamer DJ ;)

Advantage

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, ignore those who tell you she's insulting you. She's not.

A guy who says things like that to a girl is NOT trying to insult her. He's trying to get a reaction. This is exactly what she is doing. Indeed like Jariel and ethno imply, she SH.IT TESTING you!

Dont jump at the bait - ie dont get offended, but dont just take it lying down. Its an opportunity to neg her back so enjoy it! Tease and neg her back with something playful, but heavy enough to throw her off balance. This will show you are aware of the game she's playing, and you are more than up to the challenge. In fact, she's entered your arena - an area in which you're about to put her in her place.

Take it as a fun opportunity to say 'girl, you dont know who you're dealing with!'. Use it to build sexual tension... challenge her - eg "her - you've got bags under your eyes... bla bla bla..." and you reply "yeah I stayed up all night jacking off over you (smile and wink at her)... so how do you explain your bags?" Make sure she know's who's wearing the trousers, but dont get riled up - Its all a bit of hormone fuelled fun.

Kaptain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was the bully in the school yard ethnomethodologist.

If anyone compared me to a "emaciated crack-fiend model" I would be upset. That is not playful teasing. Its a cruel insult.

skd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright I did a some negging today when I was hanging out with her and a couple other friends today, and at one point we were talking about me messing around with some other chick and out of the blue she goes "you suck" (jealousy?) so now I'm leaning towards the guys who said she was just negging/**** testing me.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seems more like she's teasing you. I wouldnt really call those insults

In situations like these, it's best to play along with it. Getting mad will show you cant take a joke, whether it may be responding in an angry tone or being silent.

But as other said you have to get the ball back in your court and put her in the spotlight. playing back and forth can easily help built rapport with a girl.

ethnomethodologist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Define insult, those saying won't fall in there...

If a girl said "you suck" to me after I told her I was messing around with girls, would get a nice big fat dose of C+F. I would blow her mind right there, no doubt about it. To me, thats hearing a girl saying I either suck at picking up girls(would be an insult if I couldn't) or that I should be messing around with her(which I would assume, and tease her about).

Remember one of DD's readers take on the model in the restaurant? He teased her saying she would make a great hand model, she would be three feet tall without the platform shoes(or high heels), and that she might be one of those crack fiends. Maybe this girl is turning into a regular DD reader?

"aww you were so cute back then... what happened?" That sounds insulting to you? What a ****ing BABY!!!! If a girl even picked up a picture of mine, and made NAY comment on it, I would know she was interested... you could make an old lady blush with a baby picture of yourself.

Lear what C+F is, I think some guys on this siteare turning soft again.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
psychograd - YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! You just spewed 3 alternate David D replies... the third one especially I know it already, the girl would look at you like 'WTF?'

Tomatoes - You probably know of David D, but haven't tried those lines in particular in very many situations... there are times where what psychograd said that yes, it's useful... but only in some circumstance, and NOT this one.

ethnomethodologist - had started it when he talked about twisting the neghit around.

resilient - If I hadn't nexted this girl already, she'd probably be pretty close to that 'FVCK OFF!!' line.

Advantage - You are so close right here : What she is actually doing I'm going to hallucinate that skd learned about c&f and negging... now this girl is negging, BUT she is being exceptionally harsh, probably otherwise uncalled for... I'd say that skd started by giving her a neg/insult but she liked something else about him already. Now she's dishing out the harsh negs to see if you can handle what you brought on yourself... which I hate to say, skd bit off too much with this girl.

How I would handle the situation :

Because these negs are also disrespectful, I would treat them as disrespect. My reaction might be different in the ACTUAL situation as it happened but with the info you gave

Her : Emaciated crack-fiend
Me : Excuse me!!! Where do you get off calling me a crack-fiend
Her : either apologizes lets you know its a joke OR she dissmisses what I say
If she dissmisses what I say :

Me : Get out of my face then... your cut. Roll Out!!

Because for a girl to dismiss you after you let her know you've been disrespected shows that she really HAS no respect for you.... and should be promptly nexted and phone numbers erased. You don't even want to talk to this girl.

Gonzalo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually find these girls who neg of use CF in a clever way much more fun to be around than hanging around cold-fish of the mind. CF and ball-busting is part of my personality, so it just becomes like a a ball-busting festival. Only difference is that I have a plan to where I want to lead the situation. Give it a try sometimes.

Those guys yelling "insult"... when you decide to tone down the pseudo-alpha regurgitation, you might find that people many times present challenges and opportunities for a fun experience... remember, fun? --> :)

silverfox

Don Juan
Reaction score
My gut instinct when reading that was that your reaction should involve saying, "that does it, time for the brat to get her noogie" then get her in a headlock and mess her hair up.

I've been wrong before though ;)

psychgrad

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by So pimp its scary
psychograd - YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!!! You just spewed 3 alternate David D replies... the third one especially I know it already, the girl would look at you like 'WTF?'

ACTUALLY THEY ARE NOT DAVID D BUT MYSTERY. Mystery talks about this situation in his 5 disc DVD. And the answer I gave comes from his mouth exactly, So I guess you will say that MYSTERY does not know what his talking about.

Last edited:

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, don't take yourselves so seriously. It's not safe to be so high strung.

Women use negs the same way men do - to flirt! It's like when you're kids and you tease someone you like to get their attention.

It's not really about what you say in reply to them, but how you take them. Can you handle negs with confidence or do you fall to pieces and lose your temper?