How To Dance In A Club?!

Air Max

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awrite, I go to clubs, and maybe I dance, but not too often. I just always want to though, but I just can't and that's the problem. I look and search but I just get stuff on how to 'ballroom' dance etc etc. So do you guys have any tips or ideas you can give me about daning on a dancefloor IN A CLUB!?

Well appreciated if you can!

masteralios

Don Juan
Reaction score
just do what everyone else is doing
girls won't judge you much on how u dance

after u do it a couple of times, you will get use to it and you'll be dancing whenever u walk in to a club

plus if its a slow jamz song, go closer to the girl and kind of grind/rub urself close to her

(not that kind of rub)

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Sigh* I guess no one reads Stickies...Moved to Don Juan Discussion.

Krassus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by masteralios
just do what everyone else is doing
... and get the same results everyone else is getting: none. ;)

Jordache.DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I have seen some good posts on this... keep looking around. Do a search in the forums, poke through the extra threads on the DJ bible page, you will find it eventually.

Some main points: women think you dance like you screw. Their judgment of your dancing is paramount. However, your moves are less important than your confidence and your ability to have fun. Eye contact is important in all dancing. Relax and enjoy yourself, and don't feel weird about practicing with music at home in front of a mirror.

Mind_Body_Soul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be really shy and hated dancing in clubs. Here's how I overcame that. I would have a few drinks beforehand to get relaxed, then I would go out on the floor and just start doing what the girls are doing. Eventually you get a feel for the music and you don't need the alcohol to remove the inhibitions, but it can assist at first.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Practice hip hop / breakdance, and soon your dancing skills will be noticed.

DJ Alejandro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
practice in front of your own mirror. full-length is better. try not to wave your arms too much cuz it looks gay. (i think another post said that too.).

don't be afraid of criticisms. learn from them. change your pace depending on the beat of the music.

most importantly, juz have fun. no need to wori bout anything. people will be drawn to your energy... and the women.

Air Max

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers by the way, the feedback was well needed, gave me a slap on the face that woke me up, it's right there in front of you, you just gotta' see it, ta much!

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to somewhat of a legend back in high school b/c of my dancing abilities (which I picked up from here, btw.)

Basically, just think of dancing as vertical sex. (Dance like you're fvcking the air). Just move your hips at random. Loosen up and let every joint move freely, and whatever you do, just do it with confidence.

I once had 4 chicks grinding me at once when I applied these principles. you can do it too.

Kamon

Reaction score
damn... i don't know how 2 dance either so i can't give any good advice, son. sorry.:cool:

amokk23

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, lay off my typoz, cause this is for your benifit not mine.

Rite then.

It's too hard to show you exactly how you should dance by writing, but a few pointer;

1. The main thing about dancing in clubs is moving to the beat of the music.

2. Watch lots of music videos specially clips from 98 - 01 for RnB clips from sisco/druhill, usher. Concentrate on the back round dancers , u dont want to be attempting the stuff usher does in a club.

3. Practice at home when you are feeling pumped up , crank the tunes.

4. Aviod BIG LONG movememnts, cause they alwats look out of sync.

5. Master the basics before moving on. ie dun try to run before learning to walk. You need basic rhythm timing, try this; put on
"insane in the membrane- cypres hill" wear some loose fitting cloths.
- feet about shoulder width apart slightly bent(neva straight) relaxd!

- listen for the main bass beat of the song. 'BOOM1 - b'b - b*b "

- nod your f'ing head to the single Boom1 at the start of the loop

- once u can start doing this without thinking and just feeling the beat.

- move your forearms and shoulder. I always see guys swinging their arms madly in the club LOL looks so damn stupid.

- now by this time you should be enjoying the beat of the music bopping your head up and down and your feet should start tapping all by themselves.

- start with your rite foot , raising only your heel. start tapping your foot to the Boom1, nooding your head at the same time.
Keep this up untill your comfortable with it. lets call this 'the tap'

- ok good work, u might sorta look stupid at the momment just remember no ones around and enjoy the rhytm of the tunez.

- now apply the same technique to your left foot. Just the left foot by itself. When your ready alternate between your left and right foot. ie L,L,R,R L,L,R L, R,R,L and so on.
remember, this is still to the beat of the single Boom1 your just alternating beween left and rite.

- OK, now your ready to put some STYLE into your movement. lets take a simple L,L,R,R.

- On the L,L try shifting more weight to the left on the ball of your feet(toes) at the same time your foot the is comming down from the tap. remember no big movements. so if your throw all your weight to the left and twisting your shoulders. stop.
- Practice this and the result should be when you shift your weight to left at the same time your foot if comming down from the tap, the heel of your foot shoudl naturally pivot to the left from 6'oclock to 8 oclock(the weight of your body should fall on the heel ). next return the heel to 6 oclock adjusting your weight back to the centre.after the Boom1 has ended. This move is called the Shift Tap.
- Now your getting somewhere! (hopefully :) ) you should start seeing a bit of style and rythm, remember, you need to relax, don't tighten up.
So now your bopping your head moving in time with the beat. what next? try throwing in a few small arm and hand movments ,
try alternating and crossing. ie move left foot with right hand.
Throw in a few other simple moves trust me , you will be dancing better then the other 70 percent of the club.

This is the easiest way to dance in a club, you dont need to be showing off like a goof or standing there like a tree. It shows that you can feel the music and can move to the rhytm.

Above all enjoy yourself, dun look like a robot :D be suave daddy'o

Out.

-----------------------------------------
tip: good dancers are people who have good cordination and mobility. meaning then can shift their weight and regain balance easiely and comfortably.

Reaction score
Hahahahahaha, this dude is only15 years old and is asking advice on the club scene:rolleyes:

Don't be so hurried - live your teenage life first...other things will follow!

Reaction score
Amokk, u r giving dance lessons over the internet? Is there no limit of what can be accomplished in cyberspace? :)

Air Max

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, yeah am 15, but we got under 18 clubs here, plus I get into over 18's clubs as well, so it's all good! By the way, cheers for that big ass tip Amokk, well appreciated!

deeloo

Don Juan
Reaction score
i started clubbin when i was 15 too.. big deal? fake ids

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm that cat by the bar toasting to the good life, you that faggat azz biatch try to pull me back right?

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by deeloo
i started clubbin when i was 15 too.. big deal? fake ids
I bet that peach fuzz on your face drew all the honeys in....

j/k (i did the same shiat when i was a kid)

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to dance.. keep it simple.. uh focus moving your legs/hip area - short arm movement is okay. Do not dance in a sexual way.. save that for bump/grind with girls.

For me, I do not care if I dance silly or not ... if the girl finds you attractive and silly she will approach you cause she finds you interesting.