How to be street smart when out with women?

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Apparently speaking, I was out on Saturday night two days ago with this girl. There was a heavy traffic at the place I am visiting because there's a club nearby. So while I was taking a left turn into one of the streets, a car came from in front blocking my way. So it's either me or the other car to reverse so one of us can past by since there were others cars occupying the street.

As I was trying to past by, my car side mirror accidentally touches his side mirror. The guy got pissed off and wanna start a fight. I was driving off then waving my hand to apologize but he followed me from behind.

Since he was following me, I sped off and he gave chase. I continue my drive until I reach a traffic light where the light was red and I was blocked. He reached behind and his buddies came down to come to me. I was fortunate that I locked my car that time. One of his friends try to open the car door on my left passenger's seat. But since it was locked, he couldn't open it and he asked me to unlock it. I refused to unlock and wind down my windows a bit to talk to him. He was furious and banged the windows making threathening gesture as if he will smash it.

I wind up my window and did not come down for my own safety. The girl was a little frightened because these fellows are trying to start a fight. Since I refused to unlock and come down, they resolved to kicking my car and tearing off the plastic glass designed on my windows. And they followed my kicking my number plate behind. That was the time I got panic and hoped the light will turn green. As soon as the lights turn green, I sped off immediately and they sped off too leaving me alone.

I lodged a police report but they said there's nothing they can do because you can't remember that car's number plate number. Too bad.

Any of you guys come across situation like this? How do you people handle such situation? What are you gonna do if ur confronted with people? I hoped such situation wont happen again. I've taken my car for repair and damn, why was I so unlucky during that day. :-(

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well from any point of view you hit the car and took off, which is considered a hit and run.

I would be more careful and not drive too close to others, but things happen and if I was in your situation then I would said that it was my fault. Then check out the damage on his car and find a reasonable solution, not play cat and mouse. In which I would have gotten away because I drive a sports car with ridicilus horsepower and got my heel and toe down pretty well. :)

Learn to kick ass. :cool:

Thraxeh

Don Juan
Reaction score
its hard to kickass when theres 2-4 of them, and one of u, and someone u have to look after :rolleyes:

racerX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont get out of the car if there are a bunch of dudes & its late at night & they are mad. They will tell you they just want to talk & the second you get out of your car, you will find your self knocked unconscious. Guys that are drinking & have cars they obsess about, are the ones that will go nuts if you damage their car. Some will even kill if they have a weapon on them. I read a statistic once that in big cities, 1 out of every 7 cars has a loaded handgun under the passenger seat. Every watch COPS on tv & notice how carefull the police are when they approach a vehicle they just pulled over?

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TurboLover
Well from any point of view you hit the car and took off, which is considered a hit and run.

I would be more careful and not drive too close to others, but things happen and if I was in your situation then I would said that it was my fault. Then check out the damage on his car and find a reasonable solution, not play cat and mouse. In which I would have gotten away because I drive a sports car with ridicilus horsepower and got my heel and toe down pretty well. :)

Learn to kick ass. :cool:
hah, i drive a turbod sports car too!
97 GST pushing 16psi on 16G, downpipe, mbc, exhaust, fuelpump, intake

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1) Move your car back.

2) Slam on the gas.

3) Run them over.

4) Reverse, then run them over again.

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in such a case I would either a) go completely nuts and reverse full speed into their car in the back, then drive off, or b) calmly call 911 and tell them there's a bunch of guys trying to kill me and my girlfriend I'd tell them they are probably armed and of course I'd read their car plate for the cops.

God, how I cannot stand overly aggressive people.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you did the right thing. First of all, a side mirror brushing against a side mirror is hardly a crash and need to swap insurance details. Secondly, they acted aggressive, you were outnumbered and you had a frightened girl in the car.

The worst thing you could have done was confront them and put yourself and the girl in danger. I doubt she would have respected you for it.

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my country, we dont sell guns. Too bad

Originally posted by ShortTimer
Stick a pistol in their faces and then see how hard they are.
I've thought about your idea and I've come to think that a toy gun in my car might help to frighten some of these creatures away if I happened to come across situations like this one in future.

Ever wonder what a toy gun will do in such situations? Do you think a toy gun will manage to intimidate them and make them run away once you pulled out your gun and point it at them at the mirror? Not to even mention to pull the trigger. Hmm......

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
Were they just trying to intimidate me?

Is that possible during that time? All the kicks at the door, tearing off the plastic mirror, kicking the number plate behind my car and etc? Was that all pure lies about trying to whack me up and if I step out of my car during that time, will I get to negotiate?

karusel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, damaging your car like that was a hell of a opening argument in the debate you wisely chose not to participate in. Do you really think that once you'd get out of the car, they would fix their ties a bit and quickly brush their hair and invite you to talk to them at a good restaurant where they usually meet with fellow lawyers??? They meant business and you had no aces up your sleeves, unless I'm totally missing something and you're around rank 7 in Ultimate Fighting. :D

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
You might've triggered the response by not stopping to exchange insurance info or whatever when you bumped him.

If that's not the case (they got belligerent even before you tried to drive off), drive to where there are people (witnesses) or to a police station. Also, if you have a cellphone, dial 911.

Soma

Banned
Reaction score
Do NOT get a toy gun. Think about that.

IF they happen to have a real knife or gun on them, what do you think will happen if you pull out your "gun"?

If they don't have weapons but outnumber you, they may still be bold enough to take you on. 1 guy catching you by surprise from behind. Oh and guess what? Since they think you are pointing a real gun at them do you think they will just give you a few punches? No. They will fvck you up real good and send you to the hospital...very likely maiming or killing you.

Use your fvcking head, man.

I think this issue escalated when you hit mirrors, waved your hand, and drove off as if you didn't give a shiet. Picturing it in my mind it looks like you were acting like some arrogant @sshole and they got pissed about it.

If you would have apologized in the beginning they most likely would have talked some shiet to you and then been on their way. You want to know how to be street smart? There's a start.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're stupid to have stopped at the red light. Not like a police car would've saw you late at night.

And, if WORSE COMES TO WORSE, if you ran through it and a police DID see you, you would've been saved by explaining that you were chased by a bunch of guys that want to beat you up. Policement aren't a$$holes, they would've understood.

TurboLover

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I bet if you posted a new thread, that said someone hit my car and just took off like it was nothing. What would you do?

Most common answer would be, I'd beat his ass.

:rolleyes:

You just have to be a defensive driver, trust no one.

When I wrote learn to kick ass, it wasn't intended to say just go out there and start swinging. I meant more of a defense so if someone or many of them do get to you then your not totally defenseless.

If the police came before they damaged your car, you could be in the wrong for leaving the scene.

Trust me some woman tapped my Supra and there was the smallest scratch. I could of let it go, but I look in my rear view and see a car with no one behind the wheel because she decides she wants to dig around in the glove compartment. So she wants to get uptight and police come and are on my side because she hit me.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about the toy gun part. Many states classify waving around any gun - even if it's a toy and you're trying to fend off danger - as "brandishing" as a crime. It's treated as seriously as waving a real firearm.
I participate a lot in gun-related discussion groups. Gun owners that carry real guns both openly and concealed agonize over when to draw, when not to, when to fire, when not to, and what the consequences are of either decision. Most of the discussion revolves around a concept called "duty to retreat," a legal requirement for someone to make reasonable attempts to leave the scene and de-escalate the situation. Even if you're surrounded by a huge, bloodthirsty gang, you can be held liable for a defense shooting if you were apparently able to escape and could not.
By all means, try your damndest to leave, even if it means running a red light.
I'm in favor of armed citizenry - there have been too many several-against-one beatings and other assaults that could have been prevented if the person had a gun, but even the staunchest gun advocates seem to agree that if you can leave, do it.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Remember...this is the guy who posted like 50 threads about "Best Ways to Get Revenge on Someone." Putting a gun in the hands of someone like this makes me shudder.

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
God, how I cannot stand overly aggressive people.
You're a bunch of fruitcakes. First you hit his car, then you run off without offering a solution, then you complain about them wanting to beat your ass off. Admit it, you're a *****. With your attitude, you'll never be streetsmart and you'll always be the scared ***** that you are.

I had my mirror hit by some retarded moron but he offered to pay. Otherwise I was going to call the cops on him, have his insurance skyrocket and whatever else I can do. The guy offered 40 bucks and I took it. We resolved it like two men. If he'd tried to run it would've been much more serious. You're lucky those were probably drunk and didn't catch your plate number or you would've been in serious trouble trying to run after an accident. Yes mirror hitting is an accident. I've had my car hit on a few occasions and the guy ran off without me seeing him. I had to pay to have it fixed. That means, if I see someone hit my car without trying to offer some kind of resolution, I'll beat the **** out of them. Yes, I'll get overly aggressive because of you being a retard and hitting people's cars. It's that simple. I get tired of smartesses who think that they can outsmart the next person. Trust me, I've been through a lot of **** because of other people's mischiefs and I'll make sure you get what you deserve.

BornWinner

Don Juan
Reaction score
At the traffic light, there was a car in front of me. Otherwise......

Originally posted by Engetsu
You're stupid to have stopped at the red light. Not like a police car would've saw you late at night.

And, if WORSE COMES TO WORSE, if you ran through it and a police DID see you, you would've been saved by explaining that you were chased by a bunch of guys that want to beat you up. Policement aren't a$$holes, they would've understood.
I would have run the red light, friend. It seems that I was unlucky that night to have a car blocking me at the red light, and I was the second car on it. DAMN!