How to be popular (new/updated)

Ouzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with being popular. There is an article in the DJ Bible which I thought was outdated a little. I took some aspects and changed them and made up others. Don't question me on if I am popular – I guess you will never know. Believe me I am but you sitting here on a forum and me sitting on a forum does not prove anything. I have been popular all my life (currently last year high school). Up to you if you believe me. Any questions hit me up. Maybe this could be added to DJ Bible. Catch ya'll.

a) Good attitude

Want to know my best asset? I've got a good attitude. I get on with everyone. I know EVERY persons name in my year. I could walk up to them and have a conversation with all of them infact I think I have talked to everyone. Just have a good attitude. I'm not talking about being C & F here I'm talking about keeping positive. I know this girl (about a 7) ...people would like her so much more if she wasn't so negative. Don't WHINE! One of my mates whines now and the rest of the group are getting pissed off. Be funny, be able to hold a conversation and smile. Its that simple. Pay interests in things, dont be too sarcastic and be fun to be around.

b) Dress yourself nicely

So your a goth and you want to be popular? Chances are not high. Look. I'm not saying be preppy and buy A&F (like me lol) but at least look smart. Wear nice clothes, have a sense of style. Have nice aftershave even. Abercrombie is a good look because it is a POPULAR look. I recommend it if you think it fits your style. Watch movies, watch music videos, watch TV. Keep up with the style. This way at least people won't talk about you in a negative way. Don't have a stupid haircut and if you can't do anything with it get a low shave so it at least looks respectable.

c) Make yourself something

Ok. Why are people popular? Or better put, why do the popular kids generally stick together? Its not because *******s stick together. Take a look at the popular group tommorow at school. Notice something? They ALL have something. Ok I'll point out my group at school. You have the best athletes in the school, you have the funny guy, you got the typical model-looking guys, you got the players that get all the *****, you got the leaders. Notice it? They all are something ...and its all something good. Now I'm not saying playing chess isn't good (lol) but chess isn't something associated with being cool. And being cool usually equals popularity. So what am I saying? BE SOMETHING. I don't care what it is as long as it is something. Myself I play sports, I'm quite big (through strenious gym hours) and I'm a school leader. I have always been popular. But a reason is because I'm something. Just BE SOMETHING! Be good at sports, be an allround nice guy (to everyone that you aint don juaning, be funny, be smoothe with the ladies, join a sports team, start working out. Get known!

Why are the geeks ...geeks? They play computer games at break. They talk about gaming and not woman. They play chess. Distance yourself from this! Change yourself. There is no excuse to not look good for instance. You CAN get BIG and CUT. It takes a few years to get a good body but hell at least your changing yourself (this doesn't happen in a day). At least you will be known as the guy with the nice
body. You have to be ONE THING AT LEAST. Something that the group doesn't have will most likely bring you in.

d) Keep your ears open

Keep updated - listen at school! Is there a party on? Thats something you can talk about. Thats something you can go to. That’s where you can meet people (but don't go there alone, shows your a loner). Just keep your ears open with whats happening in the day to do running of the school. Turn up to events that popular people would (football trainings, etc.). Start watching the popular sports on TV and research them (whats happening in the NBA at the moment?).

e) Target a few people and go after them

No I don't mean DJ them. I mean find a few popular kids in your class and start a conversation with one of them. Through one kid you will be introduced to the next and as long as you play it cool then you will be fine and they will accept you. Talk to a popular kid at school that you can most relate to (if theres any?) and try get a conversation going. Don't laugh when you don't need to. Don't laugh at all their jokes. Don't be a dork. Talk about things that are happening (cool movies, hot girls, Sports Illustrated Bikini Edition). Show that you two have similar interests. Don't be needy. Let the process happen slowly. If things are going good then keep it that way. Once your freinds with the guy he will no doubt introduce you to the others.

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Don't talk to JUST the "cool" people. Be friendly with everyone. There can be many "cool" people, but the guys who are friendly with both the "cool" and "uncool"... are the ones who will take home crowns such as "prom king".
I've won Homecoming Prince two years in a row (I can't be King b/c I'm not a Senior) and I agree with MetalFortess' advice. I am not exactly at the highest chair in the school social ladder (like I'm not buddies with all the people in the "popular" group), but I do know and get along with a bunch of people that are also "umpopular" or right in the middle - this is where I feel I got my "votes" from. You have to relate and get along with many people, including those outside your "group" although yes, you almost have to get along with at least a few of the "more popular kids" as well. If you neglect everyone but the "popular" kids, don't be surprised if you don't win.

I call it the Mao Zedong technique. :crackup:

EDIT: Interesting read...I do agree with a lot of the things you are saying, but I feel you also need the "Mao Zedong technique" to truly become "popular" with almost everyone, and to gain their appreciation. Usually, the "not popular" kids outnumber the "popular" kids a good bit, so it doesn't pay to make a bad impression on them intentionally- it makes you appear stuck up if you do.

Reaction score
hell if u wanna be popular just try out for the football team, or make alot of freinds(easy2 talk 2), ....keep ur head up, know what u need&want, demand what you want&need, high confidence...keep it positive n show everybody that ur no push over(that means dont take **** from anybody)

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lost In the Seas
what does that got to do with mao?
Ah, Mao Zedong.

I'm goimg to guuess you didn't learn too much about him in World History? :D Well, as you might know, he ruled China from 1949-1976. Do you know how he got elected?

In the 1940's, before and after WW2, China was in a Civil War. Mao Zedon was on one side (Communist) and the other leader was on the other (Capitalistic). Eventually, it was down to an election between Mao and the other guy.

The other guy decided to try and get votes from the wealthy and the "top people". Mao, meanwhile, decided to get votes from the lowly pesants. Well, the pesants were 3/4 of China's population. In effect, Mao won pretty easily over the other guy and began his regime in China.

So, what does this have to do with this thread? The "pesants" are like the "non-popular" kids in school. There are much more of them, and in a Homecoming election, votes count. If you neglect them, you will be missing on 3/4 of the vote - and only the votes of the more popular kids, which isn't all that many (compared to everyone). If, however, you do talk to some of them and you don't show any intense dislike towards them, you willl be reeling in the votes. You definately have to know a bunch of the more popular kids as well, but if you try to get along with some of the non-popular kids, it can really help. I feel that's how I was able to repeat as Homecoming Prince (by a bit too).

That is the Mao Zedong technique.

Ouzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Don't talk to JUST the "cool" people. Be friendly with everyone. There can be many "cool" people, but the guys who are friendly with both the "cool" and "uncool"... are the ones who will take home crowns such as "prom king".
That was said in (a) bro. That I talk to everyone.

And about joining the football team ...I covered that in the 'Be Something' part.

Limitless

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed almost everything still applies. Your still going to hangout with these people. Cmon!

moldingcheese

Don Juan
Reaction score
"In the 1940's, before and after WW2, China was in a Civil War. Mao Zedon was on one side (Communist) and the other leader was on the other (Capitalistic). Eventually, it was down to an election between Mao and the other guy. "
Dude, there was NO election. Countries don't resolve civil wars with elections. Whoever kicks the other's ass wins. In China's case the Capitalist president was dumb lost a bunch of battles he should have won.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mctwist4
can i be popular for having a big penis?
yes, just don't leave your hat on and everyone will see;)

anyway, i'd put it in the bubble bible

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by moldingcheese
Dude, there was NO election. Countries don't resolve civil wars with elections. Whoever kicks the other's ass wins. In China's case the Capitalist president was dumb lost a bunch of battles he should have won.
Well, I know that Zedong outnumbered the hell out of the other guy in the "war", especially towards the end. And the reson he outnumbered the other guy was because he had more people, sicnce the lowly majority (pesants) backed him. TThe other guy should have won, but couldn't and eventually, he crumbled, part of it due to the many pesants on Zedong's side. Therefore, he became China's ruler.

The point was just that it pays to be a little nice to the "lower or non-popular" people in school in response to the original poster.

*I should have mentioned my final was in AMERICAN History this week, alhtough I did pretty well on the World History one last year.

Ouzo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by whyshy
GOOD POST, but if you haven't noticed SCHOOLS OUT.
Not here in New Zealand.

Originally posted by Mctwist4
can i be popular for having a big penis?
Actually my mate is renowned for having a big **** haha. He gets loads of ***** just because girls are curious.