how to ask a girl to prom? or do i even ask?!?!?!?ASAP

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know this girl semi-well, im sorta a bad conversationalist and stuff so idk i run outta sheet to say. but i wanna go with her to prom so what do i ask her? i do just pull her away in class one day and ask her"will you go with me to prom" or do i sorta order her? like "hey i think you should go to prom with me." advice!??!?!!

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would probably do the second option.... but then im afriad there would be an awkward silence and she would walk away.....HELP guys!

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
do i ask her when theres other ppl around or do i need to isolate? and do i just ask "hey do you wanna go to prom with me"?

Pdizzzzzzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd do it when its just you two. Girls really think the whole prom thing is special so you don't want to just blurt it all out. Just start a normal convo with her and have it lead into asking her to prom. Trust me man, its not that hard.

EDIT- 100th post

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What Norway said. Just do it.

You're wasting your time trying to think of the perfect approach. Perfect is boring!

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
no the question is whether i actually use those words or not or its like forbidden.

kokane

Don Juan
Reaction score
Talk to her for a while. Then say this. 'Okay, listen, I want you to go to the prom with me.' If she agrees, done. If she says no, ask the next best girl and so on. Now go.

NorwegianDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just Do It

EDIT - NO, you can NOT use those words. You must be Yoda, or Choda. Thou must say "To prom, with me, you shall go."

Seriously, your words are okay.

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
We're the DJ community, not the PUA community. We don't have perfect words or sentences or anything. We're men - we just say what we want.

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
should i sorta lead the conversation in the direction of prom or would discussion of a past sporting event then onto prom question be okay?

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT.

There are no perfect words. If she likes you, she likes you. That's it.

mr_guido

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha ha yeah bro, just man up and do it. Once you start talking, it's not that hard. You'll fall into your groove right away. :D Best of luck bro!

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay. i'll just let it flow. im afraid it may ruin a friendship though? or am i just being paranoid? also what if she says no or "im going with someone else" how do i respond to that?

Theminatar

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sh!t, the girls at your guys schools must be really easy to ask a girl to prom if all you do is ask.

At my school the girls are so fvcking high on their pedestal we have to ask them in a very special way. Like one person did a treasure hunt and all the items spelled "PROM?", others sticky note the girls car with Prom all over it.

kingxxxman said:
okay. i'll just let it flow. im afraid it may ruin a friendship though?
It'll only ruin your friendship if you make it awkward if she says no. Your relationship with this girl lies in your own hands.

kingxxxman said:
or am i just being paranoid?
Yes.

kingxxxman said:
also what if she says no or "im going with someone else" how do i respond to that?
You learn from it, you figure out what you did wrong and try to improve on that next time. If she says she's going with someone else don't let her see your weak side. I wont tell you how to respond but I will give you advice on what not to do. Don't get angry, don't get sad, don't be jealous. Just act like it doesn't bother you at all.

Also, you're are over analyzing this. Just ask her...

Funny how I can't follow what I preach.

StateOfMind

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude just simply ask. Really. Two girls already asked me out to prom, I said no BUT I didn't think any less of them or anything. Don't be scared to ask her, don't be a pvssy seriously.
If your scared to ask a simple question then you don't deserve her or even going to prom.
Chumps are afraid of what they want, don't be a chump.

kingxxxman

Don Juan
Reaction score
theminatar and stateofmind...thank you for your words.... i finally took action after being apathetic and did it in a "cute way" sorta of chumpy in my opininon but everyone asks" will you go to prom with me" and she told me she would get back to me... W.E i'm happy i did it and i can live with no regrets. thanks guys for the help. hopefully she says yes but im not holdin my breath.