How to act when your best friend is trying to steal your girlfriends

Alpha-A

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I know it doesn't make no sense calling a person who tries to steal your girlfriends or at least flirt with them a friend, or more so a best friend!

But this guy have been my best friend for 6 years, and is the closest person I have.

It really looks or feels bad now. It's like I hope he crosses the line and goes a little bit too long so I must hurt him and tell him I never ever want to see him again. Believe me, that he will regret because he really looks up to me a lot of the time. But is my jealousy going to far or is it right...

The best action I come to think of is to give him the same (or worse) treatment, which I will when the next situation occur.

Do you think I act properly or would you like to see other actions?

PS. I don't like to educate people I want to trust in how to treat me. That has to be something fundamental in that person's being.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just had same problem dude. Either tell him, or cut him off.

Alpha-A

Don Juan
Reaction score
WesCottII said:
Just had same problem dude. Either tell him, or cut him off.
If he really wants my girls then he's toasted forever. But I just hope I over-react and that he is just being friendly.

I guess I'll have to chill down and wait until he goes to far. Hopefully he is not like that. Although I more and more doubt it.

Reaction score
By telling your girlfriends that he confided in you and told you that he has AIDS.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had the same situation lately with a friend I've known for a couple years. Not my best buddy but yeah I'd still call him a friend.

I warned him about it and told him I don't respect what he's doing. He said he understood and he'd cut the crap. When I found out he was going after my gf again I just cut him off. I don't need these so called friends in my life.

The Comeback Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best thing to do here is to talk to your friend IN PRIVATE about the situation. Explain that while you appreciate his friendly opening towards your gf, you feel uncomfortable when he seems to be flirting with her because it gives off the impression (to you atleast) that he is trying to steal her from you. If he understands, great. If not, then you need to stand your ground and explain to him that she is your gf and she is not single.

The key here is to not raise your voice, lose your temper, or let it look like this is really getting to you (unless he ignores the talk and goes all-out to steal your gf - in that case, you need to cut him off since he's not acting like a friend).

Alpha-A

Don Juan
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker said:
By telling your girlfriends that he confided in you and told you that he has AIDS.
Actually that's a really good one that I have already thought about. He went to test himself for herpes a few weeks ago and haven't got the result yet. So maybe I wouldn't lie either.

He is acting badly, so I am acting accordingly badly back. Suits him well I think.

Haven't decided to use it yet though.

The Librarian

Don Juan
Reaction score
What goes around...

...comes around.

I've recently had this problem with a friend of mine too, who was actually a wingman of mine for a short period of time. He actually took a girl away from me that I was chatting up at the bar a few weeks ago.

Now, I'm pretty new to this site myself and other advice may work better for you... but what I did with this: Since drinking is incredibly cheap in my town, and both of us really enjoy playing darts, we tend to hit the bars Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Well, the weekend after I decided I had enough of his behavior, I decided that I'd start telling some of his less than impressive drunk stories in front of the ladies we'd be chatting up while making these events out to be clearly hilarious. It worked pretty well... I lowered his value relative to mine, the ladies found the stories extremely funny, and my friend got the message. We've since stopped winging for eachother, but we at least make a point of communicating so we're not interfering with eachother while we're at the same locale.

On Point

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would just confront him about it once. If he does it again he's done. Don't be passive about it.

Alpha-A

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Comeback Kid said:
The best thing to do here is to talk to your friend IN PRIVATE about the situation. Explain that while you appreciate his friendly opening towards your gf, you feel uncomfortable when he seems to be flirting with her because it gives off the impression (to you atleast) that he is trying to steal her from you. If he understands, great. If not, then you need to stand your ground and explain to him that she is your gf and she is not single.

The key here is to not raise your voice, lose your temper, or let it look like this is really getting to you (unless he ignores the talk and goes all-out to steal your gf - in that case, you need to cut him off since he's not acting like a friend).
What I mean is that he has an intention NOW, and I would like to know what that is. If he has really been trying to get my girlfriends he deserves no warning what so ever, and believe me, my voice won't be calm when I tell him to never show his face again. He should be glad if I don't lose it all togheter, because then I don't now what I'll do.

Taking the most precious thing from the best friend of yours is not ok. It's totally unfogivable if you ask me.

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If he tried to steal your girlfriend...
Ask him in person...
If he admits it, beat his ass...
Simple as that...

just so suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking the most precious thing from the best friend of yours is not ok. It's totally unfogivable if you ask me
alphas your an AFC, so calm down dear :p friends are so much more important than women, and if your girlfriend actually did cheat on you with your friend, then shes not worth spending your time on, or losing your friend over. shes more likely to cheat on you with a stranger, than your best friend.

Azmodan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I would just start ignoring him. Friends help friends out when it comes to girls. A friend would bail your ass out of jail if you needed it, not go commandeer your house while you were in the slam. Its the same thing, if he's after your women, he's not your friend, imo.

I'd almost jump past telling him off/caving his face in and right to completely stopping hanging out with him.

If its an issue of actual infidelity, then I'd say ditch both of them, fyi. That's not a friend and its not long-term material anymore. I don't have problems meeting people. I could find new ones.

onyx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the same happened with 2 of my friends a few months back. one of my friends had brought this girl out he wasnt actually with but tryin to score with...one of my other friends was flirtin with her etc..he wasnt tryin to get in with her its just how he is a ladies man type and was just having fun. but my mate was been too serious and uptight and he ended up startin a argument with my other mate over it.

at the end of the day if they your boys they wont try ****ing your girl. I suspect when some people here say that its their girlfriend it actually isnt its someone they like and what to be their girlfriend

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chill out Alpha. He is your best friend; best friends don't come easy. He could just be being fun and friendly towards your girlfriends and have no intention at all. The best way to handle this would be to talk to him in private. Or if he does go too far. Then, confront him right on the spot. If he still does it; cut him off or don't hang around him as much.

If your girl is flirting back with him and sh!t like that. I'd would worry about her and the lack of respect she has for you.