How to act when a rival tries to run game on you in front of her?

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
My rival was trying to run game on me in front of my ex-girl im trying to get back with, they're just good friends now so she says, but I spent an hour yesterday sitting with them getting to know him. I realised he was trying all these tactics trying to make me look bad or shallow or that he was more intelligent, basically anything more better than me and anything less bad I was.

I just sat there and didn't say much and agreed with some of his comments, there'd be sh1t like he'd say 'in my country we always take care of women, open doors, etc etc chivalry'

I knew what he was trying, he tried a few times to get me in a trap to make me look bad.

The problem is during that period he'd tried kino on this girl, simple just high 5s making her laugh etc, he was a funny guy but he was sly as hell.

Should I just be civil towards him cos otherwise i'll look jealous?

And should I ever mention if I'm out with this girl that he was trying all these pick up tactics cos she hasn't got a clue?

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu_69 said:
My rival was trying to run game on me in front of my ex-girl im trying to get back with, they're just good friends now so she says, but I spent an hour yesterday sitting with them getting to know him. I realised he was trying all these tactics trying to make me look bad or shallow or that he was more intelligent, basically anything more better than me and anything less bad I was.

I just sat there and didn't say much and agreed with some of his comments, there'd be sh1t like he'd say 'in my country we always take care of women, open doors, etc etc chivalry'

I knew what he was trying, he tried a few times to get me in a trap to make me look bad.

The problem is during that period he'd tried kino on this girl, simple just high 5s making her laugh etc, he was a funny guy but he was sly as hell.

Should I just be civil towards him cos otherwise i'll look jealous?

And should I ever mention if I'm out with this girl that he was trying all these pick up tactics cos she hasn't got a clue?
This has happened to me before. Guy tries to diss me in front of a super-cutie. Here's the key to breaking this

You need to have super self-control and NOT take him seriously.

If a guy disses you AND you play it cool - then the girl will automatically see him as the loser. Girls are smart, girls automatically can tell that if a guy is trying to diss you, he is insecure. The key is how YOU react. If you start attacking him back, then you are down to his level.

So in your example - he says: 'Oh in my country, we take care of our women, blah blah, you don't have a clue.'

Just be like: 'Yes, I am such a barbarian, girls think I am from the stone age' or something stupid like that. But you have to be really light-hearted, in a joking way, so that nothing fazes you.

Trust me, this works.

If you act super-defensive, then you are dead.

Keep your cool.

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
This has happened to me before. Guy tries to diss me in front of a super-cutie. Here's the key to breaking this

You need to have super self-control and NOT take him seriously.

If a guy disses you AND you play it cool - then the girl will automatically see him as the loser. Girls are smart, girls automatically can tell that if a guy is trying to diss you, he is insecure. The key is how YOU react. If you start attacking him back, then you are down to his level.

So in your example - he says: 'Oh in my country, we take care of our women, blah blah, you don't have a clue.'

Just be like: 'Yes, I am such a barbarian, girls think I am from the stone age' or something stupid like that. But you have to be really light-hearted, in a joking way, so that nothing fazes you.

Trust me, this works.

If you act super-defensive, then you are dead.

Keep your cool.
The thing is he wasn't trying to diss me exactly, he was trying to raise his value saying how 'in my country we trreat all women with respect we open doors for them etc etc' he didn't say exactly that i didn't but I could tell what he was doing, he was trying to establish he was more everything than me, funny, successful this and this.

I made fun of him a bit saying , 'oh so you[re mothers are the 1s that taught you to be this way, so does she still cook for you?'

I tried to make him look like a mama's boy but I did it in a jokey semi serious way. I handled myself ok but I could tell she was more annoyed with me being there and wanted to talk to him.

Should I just be civil with him next time I see him?

Also, in terms of ego boost for her, he wouldn't fvck off at the end, i needed to speak to her and he was hanging around giving her his skype address, then wanted to give her his number cos her phone is broken, she said 'it's ok i have u on here (on skype)' then he insists on giving it, then I'm suppose to give her my number so it looks like she has a queue of men giving her their numbers.. looks bad. I refused to exchange emails cos I was like 'no'. she was like 'but i check my email everyday' I was like 'no im not doing that'

I only want 3 forms of communication with a girl, text, phone, and in person. I need to save whatever little self-respect I have.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you just stick to one thread for this one girl? I don't know why you keep making new threads for the same issue.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu_69 said:
The thing is he wasn't trying to diss me exactly, he was trying to raise his value saying how 'in my country we trreat all women with respect we open doors for them etc etc' he didn't say exactly that i didn't but I could tell what he was doing, he was trying to establish he was more everything than me, funny, successful this and this.

I made fun of him a bit saying , 'oh so you[re mothers are the 1s that taught you to be this way, so does she still cook for you?'

I tried to make him look like a mama's boy but I did it in a jokey semi serious way. I handled myself ok but I could tell she was more annoyed with me being there and wanted to talk to him.

Should I just be civil with him next time I see him?
Don't bother trying to diss him back - it makes you look insecure.

Here's the thing. If you truly are insecure, you won't be able to hide it from a girl, she will read your body language.

Honestly, there really isn't any way around it - you're going to have believe that you are the Prize to be won, and that if she somehow ends up choosing him, well whatever, you can get another girl.

Yes be civil- but the only way you can truly do that is if you truly believe you are the Prize to be won.

I know it's tough to truly believe that in your heart - but that's the only way you can send off confident vibes to that girl.

This is what separates the men from the boys.

KidwithSocks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too late

I don't think it's as simple as just "close friends".
Let them be and target other girls!
Especially since she seemed annoyed with you being there, i don't think you should waste your time with her anymore.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this about the same chick that called you a creeper? The one you tried to bang while her mother was dying under the guise of being a friend to console her?

You wouldn't have such big problems if you weren't a sleazebag.

Work on that.

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Trader said:
Don't bother trying to diss him back - it makes you look insecure.

Here's the thing. If you truly are insecure, you won't be able to hide it from a girl, she will read your body language.

Honestly, there really isn't any way around it - you're going to have believe that you are the Prize to be won, and that if she somehow ends up choosing him, well whatever, you can get another girl.

Yes be civil- but the only way you can truly do that is if you truly believe you are the Prize to be won.

I know it's tough to truly believe that in your heart - but that's the only way you can send off confident vibes to that girl.

This is what separates the men from the boys.
I think i've overstated the dissing, it was more about the stereotypes of his country, I never intentionally meant to make him sound like a mama's boy it just came out.

The crazy thing was I thought I sw him kissing her on the side of the mouth and she kissed him back then kissed her lips. I was like wtf?? I can't see well, very short sighted and she knows this, but I was only 1 table away and in front of them.. I thought I was imagining it but I couldn't keep looking over so I saw it out the corner of my eye as a blur and a kissing sound.

I told her to talk to me for 1 min and I took her to 1 side, i said to her 'so you seeing this guy?' she goes 'no! we're just really goog friends' then I go 'well i thought i saw you kissing just now..' and she goes 'no! he has a spanish gf!'

Do you think shes a big enough of a liar to be able to lie straight to my face thinking i'm so blind and dumb that i'd beieve her?

I don't know how good of an actrress she is but I was shocked at how blatant in front of me she did it knowing my feelings for her.. Is it possible she just lied to my face as I took her to 1 side?

I'm so paranoid I dont know if i imagined it but i do know i waited for it to happen a couple times so i was sure but even after i wasn't cos i couldn't see.

#She seemed so believable with her lie.

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu_69 said:
The crazy thing was I thought I sw him kissing her on the side of the mouth and she kissed him back then kissed her lips. I was like wtf?? I can't see well, very short sighted and she knows this, but I was only 1 table away and in front of them.. I thought I was imagining it but I couldn't keep looking over so I saw it out the corner of my eye as a blur and a kissing sound.

I told her to talk to me for 1 min and I took her to 1 side, i said to her 'so you seeing this guy?' she goes 'no! we're just really goog friends' then I go 'well i thought i saw you kissing just now..' and she goes 'no! he has a spanish gf!'
Take a step back and breathe deeply.

You and your ex are over.

Now you say you are trying to get back with her. It seems readily apparent that she has other ideas. Who knows if they kissed or not, the fact that she is even entertaining this joker speaks volumes.

What you need to do is start respecting yourself. You are coming off as really needy when you try to confront her about kissing that guy.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
uhmmm... you're showing signs of an unhealthy obsession for this girl... asking a TON of questions...

if you were say - asking these questions because you wanted to make sure in the future - you don't repeat these problems with a DIFFERENT girl - then that's ok...

but you're clearly asking because you have some delusion in you head about winning her back...

you need to do NO CONTACT NOW! and stop thinking about this girl....

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
If i ever end up meeting up with her again should I mention that my rival is a bit of a sleazebag waiting around to see if she'll show at a cafe or that he's trying to run game on me so he's obviously read pick up material?

I told her once before guys have a sense of this stuff as a radar but won't i come across as just jealous or at the same time it'll make her wonder about him being a pvssy not being direct asking her out and pretending to be friends?

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't control this. Its over. You're too far down the line. Maybe in 1 or 2 years when you're cool and collected again. But it would be a miracle at this point for it to end successfully, unless you get super rich somehow and are cool with being a cuckold.

Just stop.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From the looks of it, it seems like you were the intruder and not the other guy. They had you sitting in a different table? I mean come on dude they were obviously on a date and you were a pest lingering around them. Stop thinking about meeting up with her again and start introducing other girls into your life.

Nesbigg

Don Juan
Reaction score
EJECT!!!!!! I wish i cud scream louder. He tries to make u look bad??? D'OH wtf are you still doing there. For christsake leave the scene, if u still want to game her, later on is the best time, If later on he is still with her, relax, gals get bored easily even if he is fun to be with. Step back and watch, if you want to watch him crash and burn gud or if he is a natural with more game, then by all means watch and learn. TAKE NOTHING PERSONAL. Usually we consider a gal to be d best until we meet her superior...

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This dude sounds like Drift King. Coincidence? I'm not so sure.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
This dude sounds like Drift King. Coincidence? I'm not so sure.

LMAO!!! You beat me to it; it IS DRIFT KING!!!!! He's over-analyzing NOTHING with a girl that wants NOTHING to do with him.

If you look at the writing style and the fact that he ignores the advice of people calling him out, its EXACTLY the same as Drift King.

GO SEE A THERAPIST DUDE!!! And this other guy is NOT your rival (LOL)!!!

Honestly, when in the hell are you going to start realizing that there are other girls in this world? You are the epitome of an AFC, the guy who gets tunnel vision for one girl and sticks around for a year past his expiration date.

PIMP