How to act DISinterested, all while letting her know you want her.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Derek Flint said:
This whole "acting disinterested" BS is for guy's who are scared of rejection so they use the acting disinterested crap as some kind of routine to get women.
well that IS one way to look at it.

but its not the only way, nor do I think it is the only reason.

JLR

Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
well that IS one way to look at it.

but its not the only way, nor do I think it is the only reason.
Showing disinterest, to me, is simply part of the ol' carrot & stick routine...in a way (not a perfect analogy by any means). Like anything else, it's something that can't be used blindly, IMO....hate to sound like the lawyer I am, but "it just depends" on the specific situation/girl/place/etc... I tested it out quite a bit in college, and I think I have a good sense of when to employ it...hell, most of the time, I'm on auto-pilot w/ something like this.

young_gun

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the phrase "show disinterest" puts a bad spin on how you should act around women. A lot of guys take "show disinterest" to mean that you should let the woman come approach you, that you shouldn't be social, you shouldn't be warm to them, and in a way almost be rude to them when you talk to them.

That is definitely NOT what you want to do.

If you ask a woman a thousand unrelated questions, have a hard time letting your personality shine, have awkward conversation, then she'll be uncomfortable around you. But if you can relax, smile, and have a comfortable, nonthreatening conversation with a girl, you'll do some good work. All this "show disinterest" crap should really be termed as "don't show too much interest in the beginning".

By the way, this doesn't work on every woman. Some women are really shy, some aren't happy, and some are in relationships and think they can't talk to guys other than their boyfriends. You won't get EVERY woman to fall head over heels in love with you if you implement this kind of attitude, but it's the best way to go about it.