How to act after very good first date

Crayon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yesterday i went on a date with a very pretty and nice girl. We just went to a café and talked untill they closed. When we went outside it was raining and it was all very romantic in a way, because none of us minded (i took this oppertunity to do some kino on her... yay)

We took a beer at this place and stayed there till 01:00
I followed her back to her bike, and then she said "now, how to say goodbye?". I then grabbed her and kissed her for the longest time and said "how about something like that?". I had noticed that she had been talking about me in her future (like talking about her dad, "oh don't be scared WHEN youre going to meet him), played with her hair a lot, laughed at my bad jokes even, so i knew she was ready to be kissed.

The thing is, shes going back to her parents place to visit today, so i have almost an entire week where i can't see her/ask her out again.

She definately wants to see me again now, but i know i could mess it up if i did something stupid now (like writing to clingy text messages). It's a dangerous sitaution, because i really feel like writting this sappy sms about how cute she is, but i know i should be doing something different. We really share a lot in common, and it was probably the best and most fluent date i've ever been on.

So guys... Any tips on how i should act the next week? Should i be completely cold and not write her at all and only answer her messages (she already wrote me a "thank you for a wonderfull time" one) or should i write her some kind of humerous experience i've had for example friday or something? Should i be carefull to text with her too much, if she writes me a lot?

What do you say?

(BTW, first post here, and i'm danish so excuse my not so great english. Other than that, me being danish is kind of proof that this girl is actually worth some effort... haha)

Sadao

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go ahead and text her to keep you fresh in her mind. If done right she'll be thinking about your date together for the remainder of the week until she gets to see you again. But, like you said, keep it very minimal and don't hint around at your interest in her.

Nice job though, sounds like an awesome date with some great chemistry.

Scorched

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep in mind she might have "been in heat". http://womenaredogs.ytmnd.com ... yeah I know just take that into consideration. So in about 3 weeks she'll be just as flirty again when she is fertile.

Dude seriously it sounds like you did an awesome job. You must have passed all her tests.

I went out on a similar date about a year ago. The date went awesome, we had a ton of fun. But... I didn't kiss the girl at the end of the date. I just had this rule in my head, don't kiss on the first date. I wish I had kissed her because she basically thought I didn't like her. Also because I was playing TOO hard to get. Aaah lesson learned! I just wanted to hit it anyway.

Keep doing what you are doing...
Make her validate her self with you.
Make her work for the small compliments.
Keep her challenged!
YOU HAVE A LIFE, so...
Don't text her first more than once a day.
Text her back but not immediately.
Keep her waiting.
Stay busy.
If you are out with your guy friends let her know, either then or later.
Don't talk to her on the phone for more than 5 minutes at a time.
Be a few minutes late to the next date.

That isn't playing too hard to get is it :p ?

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best Advice: Go out and find other girls and go on dates with them. You should be seeing other girls anyway to keep you from getting oneitus with this one. You are already worried about screwing things up so you simply need to have more women in your ringer to prevent you from doing so. Keep text messages short and simple.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Her:"thank you for a wonderfull time"
You: "What can i say it just comes natural"

I don't know how this would work for you but because I'm naturally ****y and funny this obviously would be very appropriate for me. Dude but that aside your already starting to fuuck up because you are starting to over think and getting signs of one itis. DON'T go there just chill and talk to other girls. Relax and stay calm, cool and collective.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well, the rules say not to date a woman two or more nights in a row...but a better rule is: Don't go out with her again for at least 1-1.5 weeks. Sounds like she'll probably be eager for you when she gets back home.

I know from experience that flaky people can really lose interest for you if you try to meet up with them too soon afterward, even if things went well the first time. If she msgs you first then msg her back (but don't get into a stupid texting conversation). Otherwise wait several days and send a c&f msg like these other posters have advised.

and dating other women is always good

Crayon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Really glad for the answers, guys. I have a girl i've been seeing some time, that is kind of a F-buddy. I felt at first that it would be kind of weird to see her again now, but it might be good to get some detachment. The girl got me kind of infatuated, i must admit (oneitis i guess). She does seem to have a high interest level in me as well tho, so thats good.

I had a brief conversation with her on msn today, that went pretty well. We talked about what our next date should be, and we ended up with meeting in a park and eat some food. I got it twisted in a way, so it seemed that SHE had to cook me dinner, to win me over, and i could tell that went really well through. I did it in a humorous way, but still.

I have a good feeling about it, but the tips you guys gave helped me set things straight. Thanks!

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
Obsidian said:
well, the rules say not to date a woman two or more nights in a row...but a better rule is: Don't go out with her again for at least 1-1.5 weeks. Sounds like she'll probably be eager for you when she gets back home.

I know from experience that flaky people can really lose interest for you if you try to meet up with them too soon afterward, even if things went well the first time. If she msgs you first then msg her back (but don't get into a stupid texting conversation). Otherwise wait several days and send a c&f msg like these other posters have advised.

and dating other women is always good

While I don’t agree with this in theory, I actually do agree with this 100% based on an experience I had a few months ago:

Had a seemingly perfect date with a college girl, her interest level in me was at 100%, we made out like crazy and were completely totally up on each other…..she even said she really likes me.

Then, in the 2 days that followed, I tried to set up the next time id see her (which was to be 3 days after the original date), and every day id IM her just bein my sweet self tryin to charm her azz (I do that a lot to girls).

However, she proved to be a flaky one, as 1 day before I was gonna see her again, she said this: “Im sorry im not interested in u anymore”

Oh yeaaaaaaaaa ****in flaky *****

bigstik

Don Juan
Reaction score
you should just wait a few days, then send a simple text. "Thinking about you." Make sure it is night. Like 10 or 11pmish.

Simple, easy effective. Will instantly give her the fuzzies, put you in her mind, and if she isn't doing anything, she will probaly think about you all night.

Women are easy creatures for the most part.

DavidDProdigy

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're not interested in other girls and maybe wanna date this one exclusively (not my cuppa tea, but whatever floats your boat...) then make sure you atleast keep yourself busy hanging out with the guys, if I ever get infatuated with a girl I always do the stupidest moves when I have nothing to distract me and my thoughts go to her. Another tip that used to screw me up MAJOR a when I was in high school, make sure you don't change how you act around her, be the same person. So far it sounds like you're doing that pretty well, but remember she likes the guy she knew before you guys kissed, not the guy who's attitude and personality suddenly change with a little intimacy and high hopes.

baller1985

Banned
Reaction score
most of the time, if she really likes u, there is very little u can do to mess up

just like if she doesnt like u, theres very little u can do to actually succeed!

(ignore my example from earlier, its probly a rarity for a girl to respond to interest the way that one did)

Crayon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I followed a lot of you guys advice, and guess what. Worked like a charm.

I kept busy the entire weekend, had some brief sms exchanges with her, and even flirted with this other girl to keep my mind busy (got her phone number, but haven contacted her). Had a hilarious conversation over msn sunday, where i was in a great mood (she really picked up on that).

She just lef my appartment just now after our second date. We ended up watching Seinfeld all cuddled up. It was awesome. Lots and lots of kissing.
She gave me lots of compliments and stuff, and like the first date, she talked about me a lot in the future (like, how she was annoyed that i was going to this festival because she really wanted to se me etc.)

I did manage to make my game work for me a lot with her. For example, she visited me, and i cooked dinner, but she baked me an entire cake because i told her it would be a good way to win me over (making me the prize!). I teased her a lot, and held her down, and just when i was about to kiss her i pulled back. She went crazy over that. Hehe.

We didn't have sex, she said she had her period, and it seemed pretty sincere, and we already scheduled another date this thursday were she jokingly told me that i should "take advantage of her".

All in all, it went great, and having someone else evaluate how i should act really helped me so... thanks guys!

Alpha-A

Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats! Good work! She is yours now. Don't do my mistake as I explained in another post here called "Need advice how repair new relationship that gone bad"

It's a bit late for answering your first question, but I think it is ALWAYS a good idea to send ONE mobile message after a date, preferrably when she have sent you one. That way you don't give her a reason to think you are an a-hole. But the less messages the better.

And the content of the message should be as humorous as you can create. Don't show love feelings, show humour instead, that is more effective at the time.

That's my two cents!

Crayon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Funnily enough, thats exactly the kind of text message i sent to her. Humerous. I woke up today, and i can still smell her perfume in the apartment. Yum. :D

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get ****y. She's yours now, yes I suppose. But if you start wussing out on her, she won't be yours for long.

that said, yeah keep up the good work. And remember to spin other plates until she asks to become exclusive (and until you agree to it).

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should be seeing other girls anyway to keep you from getting oneitus with this one.

............and STOP OVERANALYZING.